Game of Thrones Characters Re-imagined in The 90s

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
9,354
0
0
Game of Thrones Characters Re-imagined in The 90s

Arya Stark in particular looks like she was taken straight out of The Secret World of Alex Mack.

Game of Thrones, hit HBO drama based on the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, is set in a Tolkien-esque fantasy world, where people wear animal skins and fight with swords. It is not set in the 90s, where people wore horrendous clothes and fought with terrible fashion sense. But the internet is a great place to play pretend, and one talented artist by the name of Mike Wrobel has re-imagined our favorite Game of Thrones characters as if they were characters from various 90s TV shows.

From Miami Vice-style Jamie Lannister to The Secret World of Alex Mack inspired Arya Stark, all of the characters have been given cool 90s makeovers that best express their personalities. Be sure to keep an eye out for the Niko Bellic-style Bronn, and a particularly nasty reference to the fate which befalls poor Theon Greyjoy too...

Anyway, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy:
[gallery=1688]

These pictures should hopefully give you a short reprieve during the agonizing wait for Game of Thrones Season 4, which is scheduled to premier "next spring". If you like the pictures, you can purchase some prints from Wrobel's website [http://society6.com/Moshikun].

Source: Game of Thrones 90s by Mike Wrobel [http://society6.com/Moshikun]

Permalink
 

Caffeine_Bombed

New member
Feb 13, 2012
209
0
0
Oh my god this is absolutely disgusting. I loved Game of Thrones up to this point but this made me sick. I'm boycotting HBO and Game of Thrones from now on!

Seriously though, these are really cool.
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
16,922
883
118
Oh my god, Theon with the hotdog... Fucking priceless!

Pretty awesome how they captured the characteristics while still remaining very 90's.
 

Erttheking

Member
Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
10,846
1
3
Country
United States
To be honest I actually have a hard time telling who's who with half of these pictures.

On the other hand, the Hound wearing a Homer Simpson T-Shirt...HA!
 

Roofstone

New member
May 13, 2010
1,642
0
0
To be honest, with the exception of Dany and Arya, I find it extremely hard to tell the women apart here..

Nearly all of them look like the same person.

Except that, very nice. I like them.
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
16,922
883
118
erttheking said:
To be honest I actually have a hard time telling who's who with half of these pictures.

On the other hand, the Hound wearing a Homer Simpson T-Shirt...HA!
It actually kinda gives off a heavy Grand Theft Auto vibe.

Which now that I think about it, GTA set in the 90's with Game of Thrones cast... =)
 

Erttheking

Member
Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
10,846
1
3
Country
United States
Casual Shinji said:
erttheking said:
To be honest I actually have a hard time telling who's who with half of these pictures.

On the other hand, the Hound wearing a Homer Simpson T-Shirt...HA!
It actually kinda gives off a heavy Grand Theft Auto vibe.

Which now that I think about it, GTA set in the 90's with Game of Thrones cast... =)
I demand that Khal Drogo kills someone with that guitar of his. Also, what would be the name of the White Walker gang?
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
16,922
883
118
erttheking said:
I demand that Khal Drogo kills someone with that guitar of his. Also, what would be the name of the White Walker gang?
White Walker Gang already sounds cool enough.

I also demand Theon to channel Pauly Shore.
 

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
896
0
0
It's actually kind of Old, i saw thouse months ago... I,m just saying thouse pics are running arond since a while in the meme websites...
Edit: well there is actually a few i didnt see before in thouse
 
Aug 31, 2012
1,776
0
0
Steven Bogos said:
It is not set in the 90s, where people wore horrendous clothes and fought with terrible fashion sense.
Hey! I resent that remark! And only 3 or maybe four of those outfits, at the very most, could be considered crimes against humanity.
 

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
1,698
0
0
Bran Xavier, completely fitting. I couldn't help humming the old TAS theme when I saw that one.
 

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
5,174
0
0
Casual Shinji said:
Oh my god, Theon with the hotdog... Fucking priceless!

Pretty awesome how they captured the characteristics while still remaining very 90's.
Agreed. I can't decide what takes second place for me.. I'm torn between Sansa and her Backstreet Boys, Brienne the jock and wannabe gangsta Joff with his Nintendo zapper.
 

SonicWaffle

New member
Oct 14, 2009
3,019
0
0
erttheking said:
To be honest I actually have a hard time telling who's who with half of these pictures.
Yeah, same. Then again, I gave up on the show halfway through season one, so if any of them were introduced after that I won't know them for obvious reasons :p
 

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
1,673
0
0
I got more of an 80s vibe with a few of those, especially Jaime and Cersei.