Game of Thrones Characters Re-imagined in The 90s

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Hmm... I get most of these, with the exception of three or four. Even Some of the ambiguous women can be only one of two people that I can't tell apart. The guy with the shitty moustache and the gun in his waistband, and the guy in the American football armour elude me though. Is moustache guy a man of the Night's Watch, Yoren or Benjen? And the armoured guy looks like a Lannister, but it certainly doesn't look like Jaime. Who is that?

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
Random berk said:
Hmm... I get most of these, with the exception of three or four. Even Some of the ambiguous women can be only one of two people that I can't tell apart. The guy with the shitty moustache and the gun in his waistband, and the guy in the American football armour elude me though. Is moustache guy a man of the Night's Watch, Yoren or Benjen? And the armoured guy looks like a Lannister, but it certainly doesn't look like Jaime. Who is that?
The "guy" in the football armor is Brienne of Tarth, the chick who hung around with Catelyn for awhile. No idea who gunholster mustache guy is.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
AuronFtw said:
Random berk said:
The "guy" in the football armor is Brienne of Tarth, the chick who hung around with Catelyn for awhile. No idea who gunholster mustache guy is.
Ah. That... would explain why I didn't recognise him her then.

Mr.Tea said:
Random berk said:
The guy with the shitty moustache and the gun in his waistband
Jaime Lannister by way of Miami Vice

Random berk said:
the guy in the American football armour elude me though
Brienne of Tarth

Seriously, they're not necessarily meant to represent the characters themselves if you've only read the books; it's all about the actors from the TV show.

If you're still not recognising some of them, going by the photo carousel in the OP, they are, in order:
Dany, Jon, Brienne, Sansa, Jaime, Joffrey, Arya, Theon, Cersei, Khal Drogo, Margery, Bronn, Tyrion, Tywin, The Hound, Ygritte, Bran, a White Walker, Talisa (Robb's Wife, different from the book) and Robb.
It doesn't look much like Jaime though. The dark coloured hair is kind of at odds with him being a Lannister. Aside from that, the rest are easy enough to get though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I seen those months ago from A Game of Throne meme.

Heh, Daenerys from "Mother of Dragons" to "Mother of Ferretc"! XD

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I hope who ever drew this knows that white people existed in the 90's...
I mean, I was there! I was one of them!

Either way I still don't understand this

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Absolutely loved the Brienne one.

...wait, Cersei?!? Jesus, what did they do to you!? They've taken an elegant queen, and turned her into a pirate hooker!

I thought that was meant to be Osha, the wildling who ends up looking after Bran and Rickon.

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
Khal Drogo is perfect. Get rid of the eye makeup and beard ponytail and he is the spitting image of my brother in 1996, right down to the NIИ sticker on the guitar case.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Early 90's you mean, I never realized how much Robb Stark looks like my older brother (circa 1993) except with darker hair and eye color. My mother even thought it WAS him in that picture.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Eleuthera said:
I got more of an 80s vibe with a few of those, especially Jaime and Cersei.
Same here. As somebody who grew up in the 90s I've been finding the recent wave of 90s nostalgia a bit of a mixed bag - FC3 Blood Dragon was a perfect parody, but this, well, it seems kind of lazy. That posterised art style is more 80s than 90s, as are some of the clothes (where are the backwards caps, the bum bags, the shell suits?!). I get the feeling the artist didn't do their homework very well, and then just slapped on a load of pop culture references as if to say "well, close enough!"

Sorry if that sounds snobby. I finally realise why my dad's generation used to get grumpy when I used to mix up 60s culture with 70s culture. "Hey, 60s, 70s, it's long hair and hippies and shit, same thing, right?" "No! *slap*"

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Would there not be any legal repercussions from using the X-Men logo or Homer Simpson's likeness if he's selling these for money?

I thought "Bran" was supposed to be the one who was Nymphadora Tonks in Harry Potter.