Game of Thrones Goes "Medieval Land Fun-Time World"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Game of Thrones Goes "Medieval Land Fun-Time World"

Bad Lip Reading's "Medieval Land Fun-Time World" trailer is Game of Thrones like you've never, ever seen it before.

Eddie Stark is a man with a problem. His theme park is just one week away from opening, and it's nowhere near ready. The props look good, but the cast is a mess: some drunk, some stupid, some conniving and just about all belligerent in one way or another. They work about as hard as a bucket of apples in Eddie's estimation, and he's got just seven days to whip them into shape.

I don't actually watch Game of Thrones myself so I have only a peripheral knowledge of what it's all about, but I'm pretty sure that this is a lot more fun than the real thing, kitten meat notwithstanding - and cuz, you should not eat the kitten meat. The best thing about my lack of familiarity with the show is that this trailer comes off as completely legit - that Terry dude looks like he'd be the wildest thing to hit the big screen in years. I would totally watch this. But why does that Jojo kid take so much grief? Poor guy.

And how do you feel about people who go "hadouken," anyway?

Source: Bad Lip Reading (YouTube) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ]

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
"Little bunny bunny! You're so precious and cute..."

All of my lolz

This was awesome.

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
I don't actually watch Game of Thrones myself

They exist.

I loved that video, I was laughing from start finish. Now I'm going to go and watch everything they have ever done on Youtube.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
Andy Chalk said:
But why does that Jojo kid take so much grief? Poor guy.
"JoJo" there is the most vile teenager ever to grace a TV show. Between apparently getting his rocks off by forcing one prostitute to beat another to death, and trying to order the execution of every citizen in the capital city (in retaliation to that thrown piece of manure), among many, many other offenses, lets just say he's getting off lightly.

Itsthefuzz

Apr 1, 2010
Heronblade said:
Andy Chalk said:
But why does that Jojo kid take so much grief? Poor guy.
"JoJo" there is the most vile teenager ever to grace a TV show. Between apparently getting his rocks off by forcing one prostitute to beat another to death, and trying to order the execution of every citizen in the capital city (in retaliation to that thrown piece of manure), among many, many other offenses, lets just say he's getting off lightly.
Jojo's a bastard, wish the runt would choke.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Fraser Fitzpatrick said:
I cracked up at "powdered sugaaaaah" and remained unable to breathe for the rest of the video.
Yep, I barely recovered after it. Thought the last scene there was going to kill me.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I've been following BLR for sometime and was thrilled to see that their GoT spoof actually had a premise. This definitely makes the 5 month wait since The Walking Dead video worthwhile.

In case you missed it, there's also an outtake video:

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I've never learned to laugh properly. Trufax.

Most of everyone goes on variations of "Ha Ha Ha" that involve rapid diaphragm contractions and at least some period of released tension so you can actually breathe. I tend to wheeze like certain cartoon characters, and I just can't get my chest to expand again. If I don't seriously make an effort to think about something else and *then* control my breathing, I end up curled up on the floor, torn between how what I just saw was hilarious as Hell and how it feels like I'm dying.

So yeah. When you guys say "This video killed me," you don't really mean it. I kinda do, though.

Ohgod, my sides. My fucking *sides*...

Great video, but seriously - does anyone know a laughter therapist? Is that even a thing?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I had to pause the video a few times to catch my breath. Best parody video of GoT. Until Epic Rap Battles History come out with one, maybe.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
That extended outtake video I could watch over and over. This is how I'd want to act slapping Jojo around.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
This is amazing. This really should have been the show, then I may have watched it.

Especially Joffrey getting the shit slapped out of him in the outtakes. Best scene ever.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
bringer of illumination said:
Hey, at least it's a better adaptation of the novels than the actual show.
Oh boeh, yah bettah prepah fo' sum angree fidbeiaack.

OT: OMG that was brilliant. The Pycelle fart joke at the end had me in stitches.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
This is god damn awful. I don't mind random work but none of it was well executed, most of it's just really embarrassingly stupid.

The way I see it is if you can't use the material in real life without looking like a flipping idiot, then it's not clever. Also, you deserve a smack over the head.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only person around not watching the actual show. Anyhow, this is just the greatest parody of GoT that I've seen so far.