Game of Thrones post-mortem

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I stopped watching after like the 2nd season, honestly. Couldn't really get into the relentless depressive atmosphere, death, and torture. Didn't make for a relaxing watch for me.

But hey, glad I didn't invest years of my life into this trainwreck either. So that's nice.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Sigh, the show just wasn't the same without the Pre-Season 5 Cast.

The whole appeal that "No one has plot armor, anyone can die at any moment" thing kinda ended up being this show's detriment in the end.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
The whole appeal that "No one has plot armor, anyone can die at any moment" thing kinda ended up being this show's detriment in the end
Kinda the other way around actually. The show went downhill when they started giving the main characters plot armor. The show started losing a lot of tension when it became clear that Danny, Jonn, Cercei and Tyrion just weren't going to die before the final season. And Stannis dying wasn't really the case of him not having plot armor. It was a case of Ramsay Bolton getting a heavy case of plot armor.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I want to know why John Snow owned up to killing Dany. No one saw him do it other than the dragon. The dragon let him off. Yes he is an honourable man, but not a stupid man, he could of just lied and gone "she just flew off on her dragon, I've no idea where she went. That blood on the floor? No idea, there has just been a battle."

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I want to know why John Snow owned up to killing Dany. No one saw him do it other than the dragon. The dragon let him off. Yes he is an honourable man, but not a stupid man, he could of just lied and gone "she just flew off on her dragon, I've no idea where she went. That blood on the floor? No idea, there has just been a battle."

Maybe he was running off the fiction rule of "If you kill someone and nobody else witnessed it, somehow everyone will still know you did it because reasons".

Then again, he could also claim he didn't know and that would suffice.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Why you gotta open old wounds?
Shush or we'll start talking about LOST next!
But seriously, about the only thing I really liked was Cleganebowl. Reasonably satisfying.
EDIT: I knew the show was in serious trouble when Bran became omni present. All of those questions about how things would be proven? No worries. Super easy, barely an inconvenience. Just have Bran tell everyone what really happened.

Last edited: