Game of Thrones: Power Shift

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Oh seriously, WTF?! Could you have not posted "SPOILER!" in the comic header? I mean, it's okay enough to post about an episode that aired and a book that's passed with sync with the episode, but to throw up a big spoiler such as that (if it's true) is just kicking your readers in the nuts. I thought CM was better than that.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
Oh seriously, WTF?! Could you have not posted "SPOILER!" in the comic header? I mean, it's okay enough to post about an episode that aired and a book that's passed with sync with the episode, but to throw up a big spoiler such as that (if it's true) is just kicking your readers in the nuts. I thought CM was better than that.
If you bothered to have read any of the comments here before posting yours, you would've known that the "spoiler" in the comic isn't an actual one.

Jokes.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Deathfish15 said:
The spoiler in the comic is fake. Chill your beans, take a breath and count to ten.

PlasmaCow

Jul 18, 2009
having not read or watched any Game of Thrones, I thought the whole point was everyone dies?

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Aw, I thought we were on the same page about Game of Thrones after the last comic, but I guess I was wrong. Another one about these books/this show?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Erin looks cute when she's that kind of evil. For a brief shining moment, she felt invincible.

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
I've only read 4 books so if this is true I hope the Escapist fires you.

On the other hand if it's not true then the point is that book readers could literally say anything to torture people ... nice.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
God, all this time the power I have held and I didn't even realize it. Sadly my wife and most of my friends have gone ahead and read all the books now, so I squandered the time I had to mess with them. Curses!!

stueymon

Aug 29, 2009
I'm in a delightful place of having read the books but having an awful memory so the series works as a nice reminder!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Somethingfake said:
Deathfish15 said:
The spoiler in the comic is fake. Chill your beans, take a breath and count to ten.
Which in itself is a spoiler... Experience taught me that fake spoiler can be just as annoying as real ones.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
GundamSentinel said:
Somethingfake said:
Deathfish15 said:
Which in itself is a spoiler... Experience taught me that fake spoiler can be just as annoying as real ones.
A spoiler that doesn't spoil isn't.

Captcha: grumpy cat

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
That fake spoiler could become plausible in last two books

I know that Tyrion keeps pricking his finger to check for that stone disease, but don't actually recall if he still bleeds.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Deathfish15 said:
Dude, you're on the internet. Not getting spoiled ANYTHING basically requires to do a 180 and go offline. Otherwise, expect spoilers in some way EVERYWHERE!
Or don't give a toss about the object that's spoiled. That's how I handled GoT so far - not caring about it.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
As someone who has read the books, I quite enjoy the liberties that the TV show is taking with the source material. Sure not all of the choices are "for the best" but they add up to it being a different experience. Even though I like the books, the last thing I would want out of the TV show is to just be a carbon copy of a story I've already read. It makes watching the show more exciting when you have an idea of where things are likely going but don't know the details.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
I don't care about the tv series I just hope Martin will manage to finish the story before he dies because otherwise we are pretty much f...ed.

Sande45

Mar 28, 2011
Careful with the spoilers. Damn. You say he dies in book five and since you obviously wouldn't spoil something like that, now I know he won't die. So thanks for that spoiler.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
TheDoctor455 said:
Er... no he doesn't. He comes close to it though. But he's still kicking.

The biggest problem with Book 5 is that it leaves A LOT open to the wind.
Exactly what I was thinking! Jokes, got to love them! :D

OT: Everyone I talk to about GoT has read the books so I don't get this in my conversations about the series. Mind you, I haven't watched the show all that much...

I really need to get that marathon started.

arsenalabu

Iron Maiden's backup Trombonist
May 26, 2011
I spent all day reading about the Night's King on the wiki and still don't know how everyone came to the conclusion that the albino Darth Maul was Night's King.

OT: Much like Schrodinger's Cat, if you haven't read the books, its impossible to tell if a "spoiler" actually is going to be a spoiler or not unless you actually check. Some claims may obviously be fake (Spoiler Alert - GoT is a dream of Tommy Westphall), but if a claim sounds like its true, its going to be impossible to tell if it really is or not, especially because most fake spoilers cling to a style close to that expected of GRRM.
Saying ____ will die should only shock if: a)You never entertained the notion of ___ dying
or b)You believe nobody shares your particular view and outlook of the series.
For a community as large and vocal and ASoIAF and GoT's, b) is pretty unlikely. As for a)... this is the Game of Thrones. You win or you die.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Don't worry, Erin; odds are the show will catch up to the books and surpass them long before GRRM finishes the next tome. You'll have your day in the spoiler sun.
Of course, once that happens the writers will run out of worthwhile material and half assing and B.S.ing their way through, just like a certain show with vampires (and werewolves and hybrids and...)

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
TheDoctor455 said:
Er... no he doesn't. He comes close to it though. But he's still kicking.

The biggest problem with Book 5 is that it leaves A LOT open to the wind.
Fake spoiler countered with an actual spoiler. Well played!