Game Of Thrones RPG Details Emerge

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Mormont isn't the Night Watch's commander... anymore... Where in the story does the game take place? Prior to the books?

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
wsmieszek said:
Well, the game's story is obviously set somewhere near the Storm of Swords khem khem...

---

plugav said:
And GoT even looks a bit like The Witcher 2 (without all the sex).
Are you sure we are talking about the same Game of Thrones?
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure nearly every chapter starts with sex, reference to sex, references to other people having sex, or the main character thinking about sex. (Arya and Jon Snow Excluded) Jaime is particularly guilty of it though.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
beefpelican said:
"Thwart the plot that threatens the kingdom" heavily implies that there is only one plot. This is silly talk. There are at least 13 plots threatening the kingdom in the first book alone.
I think a great twist would be if Mors and Alester are actually on different sides of the plot.

plugav said:
Let's hope it's as good as The Witcher 2 supposedly is (I haven't played it yet). It's the only other successful book-to-game adaptation I've heard of.
Way back in the day, we had novelized the game [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrayal_at_Krondor] and made it canonical. So would that be a books-to-game-to-book adaptation?

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
The author may include characters from a video game into the books? This is probably the first time I've ever seriously thought "sellout" as a valid explanation.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I like how the trailer is exactly 0% dialogue, when writing is the main draw of the ASOIAF series. Also, why is the red priest biting Thoros of Myr's style? On the other hand GRRM is involved with this. On the other other hand, GRRM was involved with A Feast for Crows.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Im a fan of the series and it will be amazing if pulled off right but im not sure if they will be able to.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It's made by the same people that made Genesis. I'm not getting my hopes up. This games should be made by CD Project RED or Bethesda. Or Obsidian in a twilight zone where Obsidian games have no game breaking bugs.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
I do not trust Cyanide AT ALL, especially after Genesis. Apparently they desperately wanted to make ASOIAF games, and that's why they got the license, because the larger developers had their own projects and didn't realize how lucrative the property would be at the time. Unfortunately it doesn't change the fact that Cyanide hasn't really produced a good game yet. I just hope they can both capture the essence of the series, with all its moral ambiguity and ridiculous number of separate plot threads, and make an interesting, non-generic RPG at the same time.

Suffice to say I'm not holding my breath.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
plugav said:
Let's hope it's as good as The Witcher 2 supposedly is (I haven't played it yet). It's the only other successful book-to-game adaptation I've heard of. And GoT even looks a bit like The Witcher 2 (without all the sex).
Without all the sex? Have you read the books? They double as fapping material at times! Unless you are referring to the Wither 2 in which case the same applies...

EDIT: Sorry I unnecessarily spammed your inbox, three other people had already said the same thing!

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
Traun said:
The author may include characters from a video game into the books? This is probably the first time I've ever seriously thought "sellout" as a valid explanation.
i don't really think hes selling out, i think he just really likes the characters, that's all and they said that they MIGHT metion them which means theres a chance that this will be its own thing entierly (but i have to admit that would be pretty cool...)

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
It makes me sad this isn't being done by Bethesda. With custom characters. Rather than choosing which race you were, you'd choose which house you belonged to.

I am disappoint.

PiercedMonk

Feb 26, 2010
Yeah, that looks all well and good, but this [http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6579356/game-of-thrones-rpg] is the 'Game of Thrones' RPG that I want.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Kahunaburger said:
On the other other hand, GRRM was involved with A Feast for Crows.
A Feast for Crows I can forgive. A Doze with Dragons, on the other hand...

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Marmooset said:
Kahunaburger said:
On the other other hand, GRRM was involved with A Feast for Crows.
A Feast for Crows I can forgive. A Doze with Dragons, on the other hand...
You'd best be taking that back 'cuz dems fightin' words. I personally found Dance to be a great read (although I will concede it could be boring at times), but having different opinions is ok too.

I will be keeping my expectations low, as Cyanide isn't known for making quality games, but I still somewhat hope it will do the books justice.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
wsmieszek said:
plugav said:
And GoT even looks a bit like The Witcher 2 (without all the sex).
Are you sure we are talking about the same Game of Thrones?
SacremPyrobolum said:
Without all the sex? Have you read the books? They double as fapping material at times! Unless you are referring to the Wither 2 in which case the same applies...
There's sex in the books and there's sex in the TV series, but I was referring to the trailer for the game, which has no sex in it (as opposed to the very first trailer for The Witcher 2 [http://youtu.be/5hXNfneklQQ]).

SacremPyrobolum said:
EDIT: Sorry I unnecessarily spammed your inbox, three other people had already said the same thing!
I didn't get notifications of those previous quotes, so no problem.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
Darth_Dude said:
Ugh. I'm calling it folks, this game will either be a complete flop, or disappointingly average.
Gunna have to agree with your prediction, I don't think this is gunna work out right.