Game of Thrones season 3 predictions (spoilers....obviously)

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
With more light being shed on season 3, I wondered what peoples' predictions of the next season will be?

Obviously this discussion will have a lot of spoilers, so those who have not read the books may want to turn away now.

Firstly, I'm assuming that they will split the third book into two series (as it is two books), but I'm wondering where they will end it on. Whilst some pretty eventful stuff does happen in Storm of Sword part 1...
Jaime's stump, the real introduction of Dondarrion, etc
it's not really as much, compared to part 2, which is full of OH SHIT moments...
The Red Wedding, Joffrey's death and the consequential trial, the attack on the wall etc.

It does make me wonder how they will end the third season. The first had the execution and dragons, the second had Blackwater and the awakening of the Others. Part of me thinks that they will end with RW, but if that's the case, I just hope they don't rush it.
I'm also curious if they will do the Red Wedding in full - that is to say, show that Grey Wind's head was attached to Robb's body...or if they will just allude to it, as it is in the book.

Seeing as Theon doesn't actually appear in Storm of Swords and is just mentioned, I can only assume that parts have been written for him, similar to most of Robb's in season 2. I'm guessing we'll see his interactions with Ramsey Bolton...
That being Roose Bolton's

Mackenzie Crook's character also intrigues me.
He is listed as playing Orell, but Orell dies in the second book. I'm ssuming that his character will be a mix of Orell, Jarl and probably, most predominately, Styr, which will be interesting.

What do you guys think? Any predictions for how they will handle season 3? I for one can't wait!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I just hope it'll be better than the second season for it left much to be desired.

I am kinda curious to see what happens to Sam, being surrounded by white walkers and all.