Game of Thrones Season Four Gets First Official Trailer

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Game of Thrones Season Four Gets First Official Trailer

Winter is coming once again. Here's our first look at the events that are about to transpire in Game of Thrones' fourth season.

Fans of awesome TV shows will be glad to know HBO has released the official preview trailer for Game of Thrones' fourth season. Last year's season run might have left some people deflated when it comes to their favorite characters, but based on this trailer, things might finally be looking a lot less grim -- something I'll leave up to you to decide.

Be warned, if you absolutely do not want anything spoiled for you in the show's upcoming season, you might not want to watch the trailer altogether. So, proceed at your own discretion.

Starting right where Season Three left off, the fourth season of Game of Thrones will premiere this April 6 at 9 p.m. on HBO and at the end of this year's run, will wrap up the events of George R.R. Martin's third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, A Storm of Swords.

In other Game of Thrones news, Telltale Games (The Walking Dead) is take a look at these adorable figurines from Funko [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130379-Telltale-Game-of-Thrones-Deal-is-Multi-Title] that are so cute it even makes looking at a Lannister bearable.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
"If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place" is another quote that pretty much sums up what GoT is all about. Well, I'm sure as hell looking forward to this. We've got quite a few clashes coming up, all of them look awesome too.

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
erttheking said:
"If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place" is another quote that pretty much sums up what GoT is all about. Well, I'm sure as hell looking forward to this. We've got quite a few clashes coming up, all of them look awesome too.
Indeed! So excited for this it's not even funny. Hopefully, HBO's new series True Detective is also good so that should tide me over before Game of Thrones. :)

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Aww yiss, Prince Oberyn Martell, the empty throne, Tyrion in cuffs, and the assault on the black keep.

Shame the next ~2 seasons will be boring.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
rapidoud said:
Aww yiss, Prince Oberyn Martell, the empty throne, Tyrion in cuffs, and the assault on the black keep.

I'm pretty sure they'll be rolling books 4 and 5 into one season, and may even start on it in Season 4 a bit too. I think the plan was to finish the whole series in 7 seasons, and I think they're still sticking to that plan.

I love the Daenaerys quote juxtaposed with the shots of the Lannisters xD Dany is so gonna own this season! xD It's gonna be epic!!! :D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
He dies.
He dies.
She dies.
He dies.
He...

Hm?

Oh, yeah yeah, cool trailer.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:

I'm pretty sure they'll be rolling books 4 and 5 into one season, and may even start on it in Season 4 a bit too. I think the plan was to finish the whole series in 7 seasons, and I think they're still sticking to that plan.

I love the Daenaerys quote juxtaposed with the shots of the Lannisters xD Dany is so gonna own this season! xD It's gonna be epic!!! :D
I wonder how they're gonna do that, considering that there's a snowball's chance in Dorne that GRRM finishes the last two books by three-four years from now.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:

That was my assumption too. With the way books 4 & 5 are split it'd mean half the cast just don't show up for a season, then the other half don't show up for the other. For telly purposes they'll probably ditch the geographic split for a standard chronological split by doing the two books simultaneously.

Plus, you know, book 4 wasn't such a rollicking read.

OT: This looks awesome. They appear to have a Strong Belwas character. Good! I really wanted to see that part of the assault on Meereen.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:

Considering I saw Tyrion in cuffs, and bookreaders know when that happens, they'll have to pad out the earlier part of the season a LOT and then cut out that part of book 3 and roll it into season 4 (AKA the boring book because it follows mostly boring characters).

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:

I wonder how they're gonna do that, considering that there's a snowball's chance in Dorne that GRRM finishes the last two books by three-four years from now.
The best solution would be that Martin puts the book on hold and simply writes the HBO show, that way he can literally finish the story as he wants to and then once the show is done, he continues his books to include everything he couldnt fit on screen in the show, basicly the books become the expanded version (which they already kinda are) of the story shown in the show.

At the very least it would take the pressure off him to write faster than the show is produced to stay ahead, plus we would have a definite end as GRRM intended, even if it isnt as elaborate and detailed as it might be in the books. Or at the very least join the show writers as a consultant. The other option would be if the show itself gets into what is in Anime "filler episodes", essentially side-stories in the universe, after all they try to cram as much of the books into essentially 10 episodes, though its gotten better the first season was basicly the first book in 10 episodes, alot of stuff gets thrown to the wayside. There's alot of characters and stuff they could explore and show and extend the running time to give GRRM some breathing room.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
A-D. said:
Compatriot Block said:
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:

The best solution would be that Martin puts the book on hold and simply writes the HBO show, that way he can literally finish the story as he wants to and then once the show is done, he continues his books to include everything he couldnt fit on screen in the show, basicly the books become the expanded version (which they already kinda are) of the story shown in the show.

At the very least it would take the pressure off him to write faster than the show is produced to stay ahead, plus we would have a definite end as GRRM intended, even if it isnt as elaborate and detailed as it might be in the books. Or at the very least join the show writers as a consultant. The other option would be if the show itself gets into what is in Anime "filler episodes", essentially side-stories in the universe, after all they try to cram as much of the books into essentially 10 episodes, though its gotten better the first season was basicly the first book in 10 episodes, alot of stuff gets thrown to the wayside. There's alot of characters and stuff they could explore and show and extend the running time to give GRRM some breathing room.
I'm honestly not sure what path I'd like them to take. I'd prefer it if I got the sense of closure from reading the last book in the series, but I am aware that GRRM might die before he gets around to finishing them.

I'm glad I don't have to make that call, because there are going to be oceans of angry fans either way.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Compatriot Block said:
A-D. said:
Compatriot Block said:
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:

I'm honestly not sure what path I'd like them to take. I'd prefer it if I got the sense of closure from reading the last book in the series, but I am aware that GRRM might die before he gets around to finishing them.

I'm glad I don't have to make that call, because there are going to be oceans of angry fans either way.
I think 'as of now' their plan would be to make Prequels to A Clash of Kings to fill out some of the blanks for the people who haven't read the books to give Martin time to finish the books.

The main series is gonna be 8-9 Seasons as far as I know.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Oberyn Martell! I have been waiting for this ever since I read the book :D

God I can't wait. Easily my favorite TV series currently running.

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
Drummodino said:

I still continues to amaze me how much certain people like characters that just pass by. I mean Oberyn for example is having so little screen time in books so far :/

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Incomer said:
Drummodino said:

I still continues to amaze me how much certain people like characters that just pass by. I mean Oberyn for example is having so little screen time in books so far :/
Oberyn does have a very small amount of screen time, that is true. When he is present however he is a great character, and one scene in particular is one of the best in the series (IMHO).

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
I hope the Greyjoys get as much screen time in the actual show as they did in the trailer. How little I cared in comparison to what else was going on.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Some of those images messaged rather interesting developments. Dany, for example, seemed to be sitting on her throne, which in the books doesn't happen until the fifth one. It would seem they're already rolling into the 4th and 5th books for quite a lot here.

Anyways, this got me excited all over again. Time to rewatch the whole series!

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
This trailer was fantastic, only making me hyped up more for the season and making me sad because it's still a few months away, damn them!

I think this is going to be the best season yet. I really hope that they will make more than 12 episodes though so they can tell more of the story.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
james.sponge said:
Don't like tv series that much, still gonna watch the episode in which Joffrey dies :)
How about using spoiler tags for the few folk who don't already know and would like to remain in the dark?