Game of Thrones Season Four Gets First Official Trailer

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Teoes said:
james.sponge said:
Don't like tv series that much, still gonna watch the episode in which Joffrey dies :)
How about using spoiler tags for the few folk who don't already know and would like to remain in the dark?
If anyone knows anything about GoT, it's that everyone dies *chuckle*

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Drummodino said:
Incomer said:
Drummodino said:
Oberyn Martell! I have been waiting for this ever since I read the book :D

God I can't wait. Easily my favorite TV series currently running.
I still continues to amaze me how much certain people like characters that just pass by. I mean Oberyn for example is having so little screen time in books so far :/
Oberyn does have a very small amount of screen time, that is true. When he is present however he is a great character, and one scene in particular is one of the best in the series (IMHO).

On a similar note...

in the books, Tywin had MUCH less screen time than he does in the HBO series.

Which... is actually for the better because he's a MUCH better character in the HBO version.

In the books... he was an irredeemable asshole.

In the HBO series... he's... surprisingly sympathetic at certain points... even to the point where I was starting to hope that Tyrion and Tywin might patch their relationship before...

well... I won't spoil it for those that still can't be bothered to read the books.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
Makabriel said:
Teoes said:
james.sponge said:
Don't like tv series that much, still gonna watch the episode in which Joffrey dies :)
How about using spoiler tags for the few folk who don't already know and would like to remain in the dark?
If anyone knows anything about GoT, it's that everyone dies *chuckle*
Sorry for that :)

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Teoes said:
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:
Aww yiss, Prince Oberyn Martell, the empty throne, Tyrion in cuffs, and the assault on the black keep.

Shame the next ~2 seasons will be boring.
I'm pretty sure they'll be rolling books 4 and 5 into one season, and may even start on it in Season 4 a bit too. I think the plan was to finish the whole series in 7 seasons, and I think they're still sticking to that plan.

I love the Daenaerys quote juxtaposed with the shots of the Lannisters xD Dany is so gonna own this season! xD It's gonna be epic!!! :D
That was my assumption too. With the way books 4 & 5 are split it'd mean half the cast just don't show up for a season, then the other half don't show up for the other. For telly purposes they'll probably ditch the geographic split for a standard chronological split by doing the two books simultaneously.

Plus, you know, book 4 wasn't such a rollicking read.

OT: This looks awesome. They appear to have a Strong Belwas character. Good! I really wanted to see that part of the assault on Meereen.
I think that was Daario 2.0 not Strong Belwas, but he appears to be doing Belwas's part.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Sight Unseen said:
I think that was Daario 2.0 not Strong Belwas, but he appears to be doing Belwas's part.
That's what I meant - either Belwas or someone new going through those motions. I hope it is more of a Belwas person and not a Daario person though, as the whole point of that situation fits the former's type and not the latter.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Compatriot Block said:
Sight Unseen said:
rapidoud said:
Aww yiss, Prince Oberyn Martell, the empty throne, Tyrion in cuffs, and the assault on the black keep.

Shame the next ~2 seasons will be boring.
I'm pretty sure they'll be rolling books 4 and 5 into one season, and may even start on it in Season 4 a bit too. I think the plan was to finish the whole series in 7 seasons, and I think they're still sticking to that plan.

I love the Daenaerys quote juxtaposed with the shots of the Lannisters xD Dany is so gonna own this season! xD It's gonna be epic!!! :D
I wonder how they're gonna do that, considering that there's a snowball's chance in Dorne that GRRM finishes the last two books by three-four years from now.
I imagine GRRM will take a more active role and direct as he writes. I know for a fact that he already told the producers the whole arc on how the series will end so that if he dies they can finish it.