Game of Thrones Set to be Visited by Queen Elizabeth II

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II will visit the Belfast set of HBO's Game of Thrones.

You know your TV show is something special when real world royalty are taking time out to check you out. This is the case with Great Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, as she, along with The Duke, will tour HBO's Game of Thrones set in Belfast this summer. This was revealed by the British Monarchy Twitter who made the announcement yesterday.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/statuses/479257429889544192]

Will she be allowed to sit on the Iron Throne? Or maybe she wants to make sure The Wall's fortified for any intruders? While it might seem out of place to do so, I really hope we see pics of the cast and crew interacting with a real life queen.

For more Game of Thrones content here on The Escapist, don't forget to read our hinted at Daenerys' future for next season [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/tvrecaps/gameofthrones/11740-Game-of-Thrones-Season-Finale-Review-Sitting-on-the-Throne].

Source: IGN [https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/statuses/479257429889544192]

Buckshaft

Jan 12, 2014
The Queen in Belfast? Aye, smart move. Hope she brings the loyalists back with her.

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
I'd love to see a picture of the Queen on the Iron Throne, that would be pretty awesome. But I highly doubt it would happen, someone would probably be offended about it somehow.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Shinkicker444 said:
I'd love to see a picture of the Queen on the Iron Throne, that would be pretty awesome.
It's gotta happen. I'd be massively dissapointed if it didn't. :p

Also, will she get any ideas from the wall, for when Scotland goes independent? It's not like we havent done it before. Granted it was the Romans, but clearly this one is much more effective.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Do royals do anything anymore? Like, at least here in Norway our royals are basically international garden gnomes, just in the way.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Alex Co said:
I am glad you made it clear it was Lizzy the second, don't want no 468 year old zombie queen walking round Westeros! (JK)
Roofstone said:
Do royals do anything anymore? Like, at least here in Norway our royals are basically international garden gnomes, just in the way.
nope, and your image of royal garden gnomes is making me laugh.... alot!

Rutskarn

Feb 20, 2010
Roofstone said:
They contribute tremendous tourist income, and their lands and assets deposit money directly in the nation's coffers. Basically they're economic assets.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Rutskarn said:
Roofstone said:
They contribute tremendous tourist income, and their lands and assets deposit money directly in the nation's coffers. Basically they're economic assets.
Also you can think that a Constitutional Monarchy is a better system of Government than a Republic. You know, having a head of state that has a responsibility to their people for the rest of their lives, not just for the next few years and can gain experience with politics throughout their lives that serves them well in later years.

I do hope she poses for a photo on the Iron Throne.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Careful around the Lannisters, Queeny. They liable to to take the UK!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I imagine the behind the scenes of the next season's blu-ray will have a section devoted to this. I would be surprised if she wasn't asked to sit on the throne.