Game of Thrones Showrunners Admit Spoilers Incoming

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Baldr said:
This upsets me to no end. They went brilliantly through 4 seasons of 3 books with only minor deviations. Now when the one of the major pillars of the books is being thrown out the window(the transition from the mundane to the supernatural world). They have one and half more seasons of material to work with, then they could have put the show on hiatus for a season or even a filler season(there is so much back story on Song of Ice and Fire to fill three seasons) Now just left is to piss off fans. Way to go D.B. Weiss and David Benioff.
basically this. why the fuck are they talking about spoiling future books. they still got two books already released to put on the show. you still got 4 seasons to go minimum till you start going to unreleased territory.

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
I blame GRRM. I love his writing and have thoroughly enjoyed the first five books, but the plot has gotten so bloated that the pace of the story slowed to a crawl by the end of the fifth. Part of the appeal of ASOIAF is the sprawling story and multiple points of view, but Martin should have reigned it in in favor of moving the story forward. I get that good writing takes time and all, but the fact that Martin's overbloated manuscript in 2005 partially went into Feast and then took SIX MORE YEARS to end up as Dance is nearly inexcusable.

If we assume that the show wasn't intended to overtake the books initially, and wouldn't have happened without Martin signing off on it, that tells me that Martin has an unrealistic view of his own writing process and doesn't have a good grasp of how to get to the ending of his own story. By contrast, J.K. Rowling slowed down her writing of the Harry Potter series towards the end, but was still years ahead of the film adaptations.

Pyro Yuy

Jun 27, 2009
Sgt Pepper said:
At this stage it's starting to look like GRRM will never finish the books, I'm not talking about his age or his health, I just think he's lost interest. The next book may see the light of day but I suspect the last book never will.
He lost interest after the second or third book.

That and he loves hating his fans of this series.

Yojoo

Sep 9, 2010
Eh, if he lost interest that early, he could have greatly cut back on the complexity of the series. Greyjoy and Martell drama, while great at times, could easily have been minimized or cut entirely in favor of keeping the action on the Lannisters, Starks, Baratheons, the Wall, and Dany. That's still plenty of interwoven sotrylines.

When I was reading the books, I expected the end of Storm of Swords to be the point of the books with the most storylines going at once, and with a few crucial deaths, the stories would begin to converge and simplify. Instead, GRRM added a bunch of new characters: some good, some bad, but all of lesser importance than the ones we've been following since the beginning.

AngronIsAngry

Sep 28, 2011
It may be a bit antagonistic, but this GREAT!

After getting pretty much all of GoT - nebst other things - spoiled by american meme-generators and trend-#, they get to experience BIIJ, FOR ONCE!
Join me, bretheren and womenfolk, in the mild annoyance.

Polite-Version:
Sometimes, life 's a *****.