Game of Thrones Showrunners Confirm "There Will be Dorne" in Season 5

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Game of Thrones Showrunners Confirm "There Will be Dorne" in Season 5

HBO Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have confirmed we will see Dorne in Season 5.

While HBO's Game of Thrones Daenery's future in season 5 hinted at by season 4 director, Alex Graves [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/tvrecaps/gameofthrones/11740-Game-of-Thrones-Season-Finale-Review-Sitting-on-the-Throne]. Now, speaking to Entertainment Weekly, showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have confirmed that we will see Dorne next year.

There will be Dorne, and we're excited about it. Who wouldn't want to hang out in Dorne? They have admirable values and priorities. And have you seen Oberyn's coat?

Given Oberyn's rather gruesome exit from the show, I expect we'll see a lot of tension when scenes from Dorne are finally shown. I imagine Prince Doran won't be happy with his brother's head being crushed by the Mountain. In related news, check out this Queen Elizabeth II will be visiting the Game of Thrones set? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135466-Heres-What-Game-of-Thrones-Map-Would-Look-Like-If-It-Was-Based-in-America]

What do you hope to see in Season 5 of Game of Thrones? and please, don't discuss books spoilers, lest you want to be banned.

Source: Variety [http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/18/game-of-thrones-season-5/]

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Alex Co said:
Daenery's
Daenerys'.

OT: Hooray, but I'm off to read the books. Fuck waiting a year. But to answer the question I want to see Arya train in the art of assassination and essentially wreck everyone on her list.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
I can't discuss it due to the in article warning, but I've read the books, so I know what's going to happen

unless they change a bunch of stuff

which they probably will

*sigh*

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Having read the books all I can say is that there will be the exact same scenes as from the books but played out in such a way as to make the character as unlikable as possible: such as this seasons Jamie/Cersei rape, Arya leaving the Hound to die out of cruelty rather than an inability to kill and Tyrion killing Shae and his father without the context to make his decision understandable. Oh and there will be Breasts, lots and lots of breasts *sigh*.

Australian Justice
Jan 30, 2010
Orcboyphil said:
Having read the books all I can say is that there will be the exact same scenes as from the books but played out in such a way as to make the character as unlikable as possible: such as this seasons Jamie/Cersei rape, Arya leaving the Hound to die out of cruelty rather than an inability to kill and Tyrion killing Shae and his father without the context to make his decision understandable. Oh and there will be Breasts, lots and lots of breasts *sigh*.
I was truly disappointed when we didn't get to see Tywin making sure Gregor was staying alive, to allow an explanation into WHY Dorne will be popping up next season. The scene with Tyrion and Tywin was completely wasted, as well as a wasted storyline between Jaime and Tyrion. The finale truly pissed me off.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
Do we know yet if the Iron Islands section of AFFC will feature in next season.

Since Balon Greyjoy is still alive and all that

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Still surprised that Lena Headey trolled everyone with that picture of a "rock valentine." Totally thought that's how the season would end (book readers will know what I mean).

As for Dorne, that was the obvious next step (esp per the books). I just hope they get Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya) to play Oberyn's big brother. Also, having good veteran actors on the show couldn't hurt, what with the recent...ahem ... exodus.

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Alex Co said:
Daenery's
Daenerys'.

OT: Hooray, but I'm off to read the books. Fuck waiting a year. But to answer the question I want to see Arya train in the art of assassination and essentially wreck everyone on her list.
It's actually Daenerys's. The s' only comes after plural words that end in s, like things, but not after plural words that don't end in s, like The Children (heh). This isn't another Oxford comma situation, either, where both are acceptable.

Just your friendly Grammar Nazi stopping by to enlighten the ignorant masses (because the internet doesn't have sarcasm font, this is your notification).

I'm interested in seeing Dorne. Especially in how it ties into certain thing we saw during the finale. RS is what I mean for the book readers out there.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Well I would have been surprised if they'd left it out...

Now I'm just hoping that they introduce more Iron Islands stuff since Victarion is the ultimate badass.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
The Apple BOOM said:
It's actually Daenerys's. The s' only comes after plural words that end in s, like things, but not after plural words that don't end in s, like The Children (heh). This isn't another Oxford comma situation, either, where both are acceptable.

Just your friendly Grammar Nazi stopping by to enlighten the ignorant masses (because the internet doesn't have sarcasm font, this is your notification).

I'm interested in seeing Dorne. Especially in how it ties into certain thing we saw during the finale. RS is what I mean for the book readers out there.
Oh gosh. It's true. Thank you for enlightening me, although I may have to rethink my life somewhat.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
K12 said:
Do we know yet if the Iron Islands section of AFFC will feature in next season.

Since Balon Greyjoy is still alive and all that
Gawd, I bloody hope not. That whole part of the book just dragged on and on for me. Dorne, on the other hand, should be absolutely delightful to look at.