Game of Thrones - Who do YOU want on the Iron Throne?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
erttheking said:
One man has proven himself time and time again to be worthy to run the seven kingdoms. Kind, gentle, generous, and above all, wise beyond measure.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4n5mlYmyt1rwg8q7o1_1280.jpg
Goddammit, you stole the joke right from under me.

Truly, Hodor is the only man qualified for the position. Only the man who does not covet power deserves to wield it.

Both a noun and a verb. Hodor.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
There is only one person I can think of who is worthy of the Iron Throne.

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
I want Sansa to take the throne.

Because it would be hilariously badass.
"lol u all thought I was a weak little girl but WHO'S LAUGHING NOW MOTHERFUCKERS >8D" and then everyone who was a dick to her gets buried alive or smthg idk.

Although I don't actually have any stake in the series, books OR television versions, so ultimately IDGAF.
Although I have read some compelling arguments as to why she's in the best position to maneuver herself into the throne but sadly I cannot actually find any of them. Probably because, again, I don't really care all that much, so I didn't look very hard.

You can probably find a fairly convincing argument for anyone, really. Even the dead ones.

Arshaq13

Jun 9, 2012
Jon Snow.

While he is a still-developing leader, man shows an incredible moral compass, the right balance of handling strong emotions with professionalism and is skilled with the sword enough to get around most areas. Plus if all the theories about his background are true, that would probably give him the greatest legitimacy to the throne in Westeros. Although he does need advisers, that's for sure. He really is a man who knows nothing in most cases. It's also really hard not to like the guy, case in point the free folk and Stannis.

I really do like the bromance he and Sam have.

Let's just see where what happens to him when the next book is out.

If not him, then Ser Davos Seaworth would make an awesome king. Plus he looks like Jean Reno.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
LeathermanKick25 said:
ecoho said:
Daenerys Targaryen with Tyrion as her hand, I mean think about between the two of them you have a just ruler with lots of power and someone who knows how the game works and how to win.
Dany doesn't give two fucks about what her advisors say, she's proven that every second she's on the show. It's only after something bad happens she thinks "well fuck, maybe they were actually right".

OT: Stannis obviously. Unless after all the shit in the north was taken care of and Jon did become a Stark. Stannis as King, Davos and Hand and Jon and head of the Kingsguard? that'd be win, win, win.
and tyrion is smart enough not to ask permission before feeding her enemies to her dragons or fixing her mistakes. Making sure someone else takes the fall if she doesn't like the outcome of course.

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
Nobody

Nobody at all

They're all incompetent and greedy little...

I'd much rather scrap the one king system and let each kingdom have their own

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It used to be Stannis but he is somewhat similar to the Madking but not super crazy yet and used regular fire instead of wild fire to burn his victum or Daenerys but she lack wisdom and maturity. Seriously she act like a bloody kid at time which is not suprising given to her rise in powers.

Overall Tyrion is the one true king!!!

UrinalDook

Jan 7, 2013
I'm actually kind of hoping for Dany to end up on the Iron Throne.

BUT, with the major caveat that what she ends up ruling is a tiny fraction of Westeros. I'm hoping that she ends up being some weird mirror to Aegon the Conqueror: the Targaryen dragon rider from across the sea who comes to claim Westeros, only instead of uniting seven disparate kingdoms, she's forced to fracture the current 'united' country.

So then we have Rickon return as King in the North, Asha Greyjoy as Queen of the Iron Islands (because there's no way Euron's not going to bite it sooner or later, much as I love him), Shireen Baratheon as Queen of the Stormlands (I'm desperately hoping she makes it through), Sansa as Queen of the Vale (somehow) while Dany only gets the crownlands, Dragonstone and maybe an alliance with Dorne, if she's lucky. Oh, and Areo Hotah has somehow become King of Dorne because reasons.

Oh, if Aegon counts -fAegon or not - then he would work just as well as Dany for this. Possibly better given, y'know, the name.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
It used to be Stannis but he is somewhat similar to the Madking but not super crazy yet and used regular fire instead of wild fire to burn his victum or Daenerys but she lack wisdom and maturity. Seriously she act like a bloody kid at time which is not suprising given to her rise in powers.

Overall Tyrion is the one true king!!!
To be fair to Daenerys, in addition to rising to power so quickly and in such difficult circumstances she is only 13 in the books so she is a kid.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Tyrion.

He is a f*cking mastermind and also not a psychopath. He did a brilliant job in "A Clash of Kings" to defend the Blackwater as well as maintaining King's Landing when Cersei & Joffrey were incessantly making a balls of it. He also had compassion on Sansa, even when her mother had almost gotten him killed only recently. He wouldn't just wipe a House from existence as most of the Lannisters tried to do, and he can see the many flaws within the Lannister House (which all the other Lannisters are completely blind to).

Definitely Tyrion all the way.

Note that I'm still reading the books - almost finished A Feast For Crows and then moving onto Book V, so I realise that for all I know Tyrion is already dead. Please don't spoil it for me. In the case that he is dead... then Daenerys. Mostly because her story of conquest is a very good one and it would be nice to see her succeed. Also because if most of the villains win then it would be beautiful to see Daenerys show up on her dragons and burn the Red Keep to the ground.

Lord Garnaat said:
I vote Stannis, the one true Mannis of Westeros. He will bring justice to the land - justice and copious grinding of teeth.

Did you know that 4 out of 5 doctors recommend Stannis? And the fifth doctor is a dirty traitor that we won't have to worry about much longer. He fights battles, listens to smugglers, hugs daughters, and doesn't even break a sweat. He's a lean, mean, kingly machine, and he won't stop at just that. He dances at cheap suburban parties for a modest sum, and dines with middle-class families for only a moderate fee. People say he's a god, but he doesn't believe in himself. Every brothel within a hundred miles automatically closes when he approaches, and onion salesmen rain from the skies. His hands are strong enough to crush steel, but delicate enough to kill traitors. He is universal, all-knowing, all-destroying, and hungry. There is no Stannis but Stannis, and Stannis is the messenger of Stannis.

All of this is well known.
*nods* It is known.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Silentpony said:
One of these two, otherwise skip it.

Ok that second image is actually pretty awesome. Is that a Ponydin I guess?

OT: I want to see the Iron Throne melted down because of all the blood and misery shed in it's name. I want to see some new form of rulership instilled, perhaps some kind of council, with representatives from all the great and lesser houses.

Everything (politically) went to shit because of the empty throne. Simply putting someone on it is a short term resolution to a bigger problem.

BakedSardine

Dec 3, 2013
Dany is too boring and if it bears out that John Snow is actually the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark (seems likely) he is the true heir to the throne and could maybe see some weird twist where he and Sansa rule (incest was common in those days).

Either way, Ramsay Bolton has to meet a horrible death.

DanteRL

Jan 14, 2010
Lord Garnaat said:
I vote Stannis, the one true Mannis of Westeros. He will bring justice to the land - justice and copious grinding of teeth.

Did you know that 4 out of 5 doctors recommend Stannis? And the fifth doctor is a dirty traitor that we won't have to worry about much longer. He fights battles, listens to smugglers, hugs daughters, and doesn't even break a sweat. He's a lean, mean, kingly machine, and he won't stop at just that. He dances at cheap suburban parties for a modest sum, and dines with middle-class families for only a moderate fee. People say he's a god, but he doesn't believe in himself. Every brothel within a hundred miles automatically closes when he approaches, and onion salesmen rain from the skies. His hands are strong enough to crush steel, but delicate enough to kill traitors. He is universal, all-knowing, all-destroying, and hungry. There is no Stannis but Stannis, and Stannis is the messenger of Stannis.

All of this is well known.
Bit of a George Carlin reference there? Or am I wrong? Either way, this was amazing haha.
And I'm on board with the Stannis the Mannis train, WITH the condition that he stops listening to Melisandre. John Snow could also take the throne, seems that he's already learned a lot so far, and can become better than the Mannis himself, you know, less colder and such.

Or we can just go crazy and say that I want King Dedede!

Tojumaru

Oct 17, 2014
Stannis the Mannis. Any other answer is wrong. Liam CUnningham(whatever his name on the show is) is the heir. They fuck everybody's shit up and end up decorating the Throne Room(they melt that stupid chair and get a nice comfy sofa) with Muh Dwagons' skin. They elect the Hobbit as Chancellor and sir Hand-a-lot as Marshall. End of story.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate the show of support, forumites. Once I've separated Lord Bolton's head from his shoulders, I'll destroy the Lannisters with one hand and the Others with the other. Davos will be Hand, Melisandre will be banished, and all will be well in Planetos.

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
All the main contenders will kill each other, and then from a very deep cellar emerges... Benjen Stark! Ben's been playing the long game all along.