Game series you are absolutely sick of.

That Greek Guy

Jul 29, 2009
Is there a game series that its mere existance pisses you off? It can be for any reason. You might be sick of it or you might never liked it in the first case.
Personally i reached the point where seeing the name HALO pisses me off. For me Halo feels more milked than CoD at this point. Thats propably because the last Halo game i really liked was
halo 2 (single player wise). I know that Halo has a fanbase almost as big as the beatles's but ffs have some restraint. Its kinda funny and sad for me that halo has such a big fanbase that a studio emerged from it and now will pan it out even more......FOR ETERNITY.
Im pretty sure though that the only people who are behind me on this are those that hated halo in the first place.

MOD EDIT: Please remember to "present an explanation of the reasoning that informs your opinion" to not violate our Low Content rules. Thanks. -ChristopherRobin

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
That Greek Guy said:
Im pretty sure though that the only people who are behind me on this are those that hated halo in the first place.
Probably.

Isn't the series suppose to be over? Like, the plot came to its conclusion already?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
None really. I don't particularly like it when they drag out sequels despite lacking decent ideas, as I feel it cheapens my memories of the IP by always having to remember the crap games whenever I think about the good ones.

But I don't "hate" them, nor do I think that they "shouldn't" make them. I'd just prefer it if they cared more about creating a quality series throughout rather than trying to rake in as much cash on the name alone.

FalloutJack said:
That Greek Guy said:
Probably.

Isn't the series suppose to be over? Like, the plot came to its conclusion already?
New saga. The previous one was about the Human-Covenant war, this one is about the previous dominant species known as the Forerunners who were (mostly) wiped out in the war against the flood. They had wars with humans thousands of years before the current setting, and it takes place on one of their planets.

It's quite interesting lore to be honest, but that's not why the games being made. They just know they can make a ton of money from it. I imagine like Halo 3 it will be a vaguely interesting campaign with the multiplayer being 80% of the focus.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Eh, none really.

I mean sure, I roll my eyes a bit when the latest Call of Duty, Final Fantasy or Assassin's Creed gets announced. But nobody is making me buy them.

If other people enjoy them, which they clearly do, then me shaking my fist and accusing them of ruining the games industry just makes me look like a snobbish killjoy.

Cyrus Hanley

Oct 13, 2010
That Greek Guy said:
No, I would agree based on the principle of what you said.

It would be like if they made a Modern Warfare 4 as a new saga in the Modern Warfare series (3 is meant to be the big finale). I like Call of Duty but that series really is milked quite badly.

TrollFase said:
The fact that Bratz games even exist severely pisses me off.
I'll admit, when you mentioned that I was mad for a minute.

But then I remembered my sister actually used to play those games (she'd deny it now) and we actually had fun together (not as in playing the games, but playing it together).

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
Zhukov said:
Eh, none really.
Same opinion, when i think of what those developers could have created instead of [insert milked franchise here] it get`s a bit sad. Most of those games are pretty good but seeing them every 1-2 years destroys the fun.

As long as there`s no law to buy these games i`m not complaining.

What turns me into a whiny little ***** are certain franchises going down the drain because of direction or other unwelcommed changes.
Opinions, opinions, what i hated others adored or don`t mind, so it`s better luck next time for me i guess.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Final fantasy, just die already.

Other than that, it's just "This again?"

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
None plenty of series I think hmm another sequel so soon eh whatever but I just ignore them and buy the games I want although the amount of exposure some games get that I couldnt care less about annoys me sometimes, aka tell someone you play videogames and they know next to nothing about said medium they will go oh videogames = call of duty = you play call of duty. Then you have to explain to them that there are quite a few other games out there.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
Final Fantasy, mainly because I loved earlier games (VI,VII and IX are my faves) so it pains me to see Square kinda making a series I grew up with shit.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Football games, I love football and have bought a FIFA or Pro Evo game every year for as long as I can remember. But the last two years have I have just gotten fatigued with the games that cannot really enjoy them like I used to.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Wow, someone who feels the same way. I hate halo and I wish someone would remake myth and stop force milking the teets of the halo franchise.

TheTJackson

Aug 29, 2011
The Archetypal every year titles like CoD, UFC, FIFA, etc, that don't change at all. I do however respect the innovation and push they're making for the new Zombies aspect of CoD: Black Ops II, even if i'll never, ever play it because I dislike the CoD franchise as a whole. Also I personally think that EA should stop making Mass Effect games or hand over complete control to someone who knows what they're doing and can actually handle the franchise properly. I loved the game but some things..just some things..ugh~

irmasterlol

Apr 11, 2012
The non-numbered Assassin's Creed titles piss me off. I like the games, but the last two (especially Revelations) feel like they're not adding anything to the series. I read somewhere that the yearly release schedule is to keep the big, important sequels (like AC2) funded until they're done. Seems a bit cynical to me, but if they deliver on AC3, I'll forgive them.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I'm gonna have to say the Fifa, Madden etc games. Unlike Call of Duty, they literally have no room for any sort of innovation without changing the core gaming mechanics and pissing off fans. They can't change the setting of a sports game, because it's friggin sports. They can only make it more realistic, and update the rosters. Call of Duty has gone to WW2, the Cold War, the Modern Day and with Black Ops 2 is going to the future. CoD adds stuff like Zombies mode, which is very different from anything we had seen in CoD up to that point. They can do it because they can, with sports games you can't because there really isn't anything else you can do with sports. There will most likely never be a sports game set in the future, because fans want the current players to play as. And there won't be one set in the past, because who wants to play as some guy from the 70's when you could play as whoever's big now.

My point is that realistic sports games have even less innovation that CoD, and really are just yearly paychecks for EA with minimal effort put into making them new games instead of just updates. Just look at the Wii version of Fifa 13, it is EXACTLY like the Wii version of Fifa 12. The only thing they changed were some of the logo placements.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
None really. I mean there are games series I don't like, but I just avoid them instead of getting to the point where I am sick of it or want it to not exist anymore. Actually I take that back, I am sick of WoW because my friend won't stop talking about how much it sucks every time we hang out and no one but him cares.