Game series you are absolutely sick of.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Fable is a series I am done with. Also, I'm done buying Halo games. I mean come on, Peter Molyneux is done with Fable and Bungie is done with Halo. So why are we still getting these franchises? $$$ That's it, the main driving force has become the money, and the creative desire has taken a back seat. At that point a franchise needs to just end.

peruvianskys

Jun 8, 2011
Zhukov said:
Eh, none really.

I mean sure, I roll my eyes a bit when the latest Call of Duty, Final Fantasy or Assassin's Creed gets announced. But nobody is making me buy them.

If other people enjoy them, which they clearly do, then me shaking my fist and accusing them of ruining the games industry just makes me look like a snobbish killjoy.
The only time I don't feel this way is when the series in question is one I used to love but now I want to be put out of its misery.

Splinter Cell, for one. Please no more.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
Pokemon.

I like Pokemon, but I'm sick of the identical games they keep churning out.

The DSi is capable of more.(Not much more, but still more).

They need to do something new.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'm not sick of any series, as such. There are plenty I'd never touch with a pole and which I always walk away when my friends bring them up ('I like so totally got a 360 noscope on Battlefield- hey, wait, where are you going?') though thats more to do with having friends who often have little else to talk about. Its that or their girlfriend problems, so I guess I'm lucky.
Basically, if there is a series, like CoD, which seems to have been milked to death, then I'll either not buy it or buy every third game or something, so I get a bigger development gap for less cost. I'd never want a series to end as long as people are enjoying it- I mean, I like Pokemon and it irritates me a little when people say it should stop being made- because then I'd not get to play the new ones.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I have no problem with Halo since they don't do yearly releases like, say, Assassin's Creed. I mean there's like what, 4 games and once expansion pack-y sort of thing. Oh and a spin-off RTS game.

I also don't have a problem with Final Fantasy. They're pretty much standalone games that could easily have been made without the Final Fantasy brand. Square could easily stop making "Final Fantasy" games but they'd still be churning out JRPGs of similar quality.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I'm quite tired of Mario, Resident Evil, and .
The rest, I can tolerate. Some of them are even still passable.

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
CoD. To me it is no better than EA releasing a new FIFA every year, at least EA are up front with their milking.

Also assassin's creed. A trilogy would have been just fine imo.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
FalloutJack said:
That Greek Guy said:
Im pretty sure though that the only people who are behind me on this are those that hated halo in the first place.
Probably.

Isn't the series suppose to be over? Like, the plot came to its conclusion already?
The plot came to it's logical conclusion at the end of the first game. It's just been bullshit since then.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
The Horror Genre, the big two (Resident evil and Silent hill) are no longer scary and are now classed as action games by game websites and pretty much everything else that ain't Amnesia or Slender isn't scary. I say Amnesia and Slender because I don't know of any other horror games released recently that haven't been shit Indie or whatever we call the likes of capcom and konami.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Any "modern shooter".
Any sports-game that has been done before that doesn't involve a MASSIVE gameplay or graphic overhaul.
Zelda-games (Yes, I said it. Fucking die already. The series ended after Ocarina of Time for me).
Halo (Since Bungie is no longer publishing it, and it's just a walking cash-cow).
GTA and GTA-Clones (Not terribly bad if they always bring a new story and new gameplay, but I'm tired of them overall).

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
karloss01 said:
The Horror Genre, the big two (Resident evil and Silent hill) are no longer scary and are now classed as action games by game websites and pretty much everything else that ain't Amnesia or Slender isn't scary. I say Amnesia and Slender because I don't know of any other horror games released recently that haven't been shit Indie or whatever we call the likes of capcom and konami.
..Wait, what does it matter if it is Indie or not`?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
FalloutJack said:
That Greek Guy said:
Im pretty sure though that the only people who are behind me on this are those that hated halo in the first place.
Probably.

Isn't the series suppose to be over? Like, the plot came to its conclusion already?
The plot came to it's logical conclusion at the end of the first game. It's just been bullshit since then.
It came to it's logical conclusion after the first game... what..?

Game ended with:

"It's not over yet.."

-The Ring was destroyed
-The war still raging on
-Many questions left unanswered...
-343 Guilty Sparks still alive.

How is that a logical conclusion?

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i mean call of duty obviously. i probably wouldnt mind them if they would actually put effort into the single player campaign. cod 4 was the last one i played and i really liked the single player but i finished it in a single sitting. i wish cod would either go away or expand their single player, rather than just charging $60 for new multiplayer maps every year.

halo i dont feel is that milked. i mean they are definitely trying to squeeze as much profit as possible and it definitely should have ended with halo 3, but i feel like its been a while since we had a halo game. i certainly dont feel like halo is forcing itself in my face, like i do with call of duty.

god of war is another series that should probably end. i love the games but i kinda feel like they have just started milking the franchise