Game series you are absolutely sick of.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
I'm just gunna go from a story perspective: Halo, and the Modern Warfare series. Halo 3 was the end, or at least, that's what everyone was told. Now I don't mind a side series like ODST and Reach but to come out with HALO 4 "THE FIGHT IS STILL NOT FINISHED" has gone past the milking stage; the cow is dead, you've stuffed it, and put it out on your front lawn for everyone driving by to see.

Modern Warfare, I just hope it's over. CoD4 had a great story and finished up nicely, there were no loose ends. Then MW2 comes out and says "NAH NAH NIGGA, He had an apprentice!". Makarov is the most bullshit excuse of a villian I have ever seen. Just what is his goal? That he doesn't have one? He's not the fucking Joker, and somehow he can teleport across the world, have a private army that can not only manipulate an entire superpower nation, but also rival that nation in strength. And let's not get started on MW3..

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I can't think of any game series I actively despise. The Super Mario Bros. thing is highly annoying, but since I don't buy anything Nintendo, my conscience can rest easy.

I find the new line of tv shows/toys aimed at little girls to be more annoying and despicable. Didn't anyone learn anything from the ponies? Anyone?!

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
I feel like this is appropriate:

OP: Everything Bioware has made since DA:O and a couple of chunks from Mass Effect 2. Everything after that gets praised like the goddamned Holy Grail, and when it's not vomit-inducing it's not worth full price.

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
None. Any game series can be good if in the hands of a competent development team, no matter how bad the old games of the series was. I'd never pass up on a genuinely good game in a series just because the 50 before it sucked (whether or not i played them).

If you're sick of a game series, then you're just being silly.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
FalloutJack said:
That Greek Guy said:
Im pretty sure though that the only people who are behind me on this are those that hated halo in the first place.
Probably.

Isn't the series suppose to be over? Like, the plot came to its conclusion already?
I liked the original Trilogy and really liked Reach...but I finished the fight and the new trilogy annoys me. Also the lack of a Halo Space Fighter spin-off pisses me off.

---

Assassin's Creed pissed me off when they decided to make 2 Ezio games after AC2. I would have strongly preferred an anthology series and while AC3 looks new and different, I hate that they're talking about making AC3 spin-offs before the core game is even released.

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
Assassin's Creed. I'm pretty confident the next one will be good but I've never liked the whole ancient civilisation/end of the world plot. It's a lazy attempt to up the stakes for Desmond and a gimmicky tie-in to the 2012 Mayan Calender thing. I'd much rather they'd kept the Apple's origins vague and stuck to the secret war plot that they had in the first game.

I'm hoping that once that's done and we've inevitably stopped Armageddon they'll drop it and go back to the secret war thing for later instalments, but I'm not holding my breath.

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
Ah jeez, where does one begin?
Call of Duty, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Halo, The New Super Mario bros; it goes on in that general trend for a while.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Mass Effect.
I spent months fleeing from the hoards of raging fanboys on the internet. I'm so tired of hearing about the games. I never want to play a Mass Effect game again.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
I'm pretty indifferent to HALO. While I myself don't like it much, I think I can see its appeal. Hell, I find many a reason to chime in on bashing COD, yet it's one of the few game series that delivered plenty of mass-murdering fun and a competitive experience that's been solid ever since, say, Modern Warfare. That game blew me away like none of them before or after it.

Can't stand Ass Creed or Ass Effect, though. I loathe them both with a vengeance, for a froot loop variety of reasons.

captcha: underpants. Really?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Fifa, COD. 1 game every year and nothing about the game changes apart from graphics, new players/squads/weapons and that is pretty much it.

Die. Now.

gizmo2300

Jul 10, 2009
The Guitar Hero and Rock Band games went down a weird path for me when they started doing entire games based on single bands

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Xaio30 said:
Mass Effect.
I spent months fleeing from the hoards of raging fanboys on the internet. I'm so tired of hearing about the games. I never want to play a Mass Effect game again.
Mine's Portal, but for the same reasons you say for the Mass Effect games.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
*Sigh* "We were told Halo 3 was the last, they are clearly milking it"

False, we were told to "Finish the fight". That fight was the Human/Covenant war, which did end, now it is a completely new story exploring the Foreruners, Some Covy's are present, but it's unclear how they got to the Shield World, they could easily be stranded there and do not know the war is over.

Fair enough you don't like the sound of a new trilogy but don't spew false information.

madkill

Mar 10, 2008
I liked Reach, I only played Halo:CE and Halo 2 and preferred Halo:CE until Reach was released, then again, only like Reach because of its map maker thingy.

As for a game series "I'm sick of" I don't think I have one, sure I don't enjoy or play the CoD or BattleField or Final Fantasy games anymore as I kinda grew out of them. I guess I'm a little sick of Silent Hill, but that is only a sniffles amount of sickness as I haven't really played them much.

Unless they keep selling themselves off as 'Horror' instead of 'Thriller', who got scared playing the latest Silent HIll game? Not me.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
arc1991 said:
*Sigh* "We were told Halo 3 was the last, they are clearly milking it"

False, we were told to "Finish the fight". That fight was the Human/Covenant war, which did end, now it is a completely new story exploring the Foreruners, Some Covy's are present, but it's unclear how they got to the Shield World, they could easily be stranded there and do not know the war is over.

Fair enough you don't like the sound of a new trilogy but don't spew false information.
No the Covies know the war is over, they're part of a Splinter Covenant Loyalist group called "The Storm" which formed in the wake of the end of the war. They found the Shield World after picking up the Forward Unto Dawns signal which was as they were just outside it.