Game series you are absolutely sick of.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Adiona said:
come on now
you want the series to die just when it gets its shit straight? =P
OT: eh, none really
probably the Call of Duty series, but that's more of a "jesus, yet another one?"
aside from that, none
whatever game series I don't like, I just don't pay attention to

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
BiH-Kira said:
None.

I play games I like and ignore games I don't like.
Anyone wanting a series to die is just an ass.
"STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!"

Pro tip:
You don't have to buy nor play a game that you don't like. I know, it's like magic, but it works.
It called a discussion. Need a definition?

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
David Woon said:
final fucking fantasy just go die already
Succinct! Passionate! Cromulent!

I haven't seen a "good" Final Fantasy since 6(3...good grief whatever). The fans are annoying, the series is annoying, the whole thing is such a convoluted mess of half-baked and badly executed ideas laden with a sort of contemporary foppishness that repels me on sight that I am amazed anyone even enjoys these anymore.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
CoD, copycat games, and Assassin's Creed. The first two are fairly obvious, but I hate Assassin's Creed because I am addicted to the gameplay while it slowly establishes itself as a cash-in franchise, milking itself to death and with no direction in a previously obscure but soon convoluted plot. Also, the way it seems to acquire game mechanics until it becomes a collection of minigames, and implementing more weapons whether they actually have a purpose or not. Basically, I think it's sacrificing coherence in the name of more sequels and I just want it to stop.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
TaintedSaint said:
i'm gonna say it....Zelda same rehash every game just with new paint. either evolve or die.
Majora's Mask would like a word with you. It's not called the black sheep of Zelda for nothing.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
lRookiel said:
Final fantasy, just die already.

Other than that, it's just "This again?"
I believe that if you call something final, you should only make one.

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
I seriously hate lists like these. They totally disrespect any time and effect on the developers parts.
oZode said:
Pokemon.

The graphics and Gameplay are barely different from every sequel to sequel, they don't take risks at all and it's just an expansion pack every sequel.

It is the least innovative franchise in existence, and is to me the symbol of nintendo's start of just rehashing everything.
I hate hearing people complain about Pokemon, mostly because they can't be bothered with learn anything outside the first or second gen. They fail to understand why something as such as the game's core gameplay hasn't changed, because it is compensating for backwards compatibility. Or the fact that it story has evolved from just being about defeating gym leaders and evil organizations to more complex themes such as whether or not it is ethical to have Pokemon. Or they don't understand the breeding mechanic, EV and IV, or the whole Special/Physical attack split that happened in the 4th gen.

David Woon said:
I agree, Final Fantasy has gone off the rails lately. Sometimes I just wish that they go back to basics with the franchise.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
So this isn't a series I'm sick of, but I wish UbiSoft wouldn't milk Assassins Creed so hard. AC 1 is one of my favorite games of all time. I've liked all the other games, too, just cause the core gameplay is there, but its a series that really needs a 2 year development cycle. Brotherhood and Revelations were pretty half hearted. Hopefully AC 3 gives us something new. Come one, UbiSoft, don't destroy a good thing.

Also, when are you gonna try your hand at another Prince of Persia game? Just cause the last two sucked doesn't mean you can't make another good one...

Captain Anon

Mar 5, 2012
Icehearted said:
David Woon said:
Succinct! Passionate! Cromulent!

I haven't seen a "good" Final Fantasy since 6(3...good grief whatever). The fans are annoying, the series is annoying, the whole thing is such a convoluted mess of half-baked and badly executed ideas laden with a sort of contemporary foppishness that repels me on sight that I am amazed anyone even enjoys these anymore.
-claps hands- well if i'm going to play a final fantasy game it's gonna to have to be final fantasy 6 none of the current ones can match FF 6

CyanideSandwich

Aug 5, 2010
Call of Duty and Mario are practically a given, so I won't mention them.

As a huge Assassin's Creed fan, I really wish they would stop with the rushed yearly releases. It's still a great series and everything, but it's developing qualities akin to a sports game or modern multiplayer shooter: Yearly release that's basically the same as the last game with a few extra bells and whistles.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Realitycrash said:
karloss01 said:
The Horror Genre, the big two (Resident evil and Silent hill) are no longer scary and are now classed as action games by game websites and pretty much everything else that ain't Amnesia or Slender isn't scary. I say Amnesia and Slender because I don't know of any other horror games released recently that haven't been shit Indie or whatever we call the likes of capcom and konami.
..Wait, what does it matter if it is Indie or not`?
it doesn't matter, i never said it mattered. only that the neither the indie scene nor the big developers have managed to pull off a good horror game in years.

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
Final Fantasy: I like it but ffX was the last great final fantasy and ff12 was the last good one, ff13 just felt more like a soulless product rather than art.

That Greek Guy

Jul 29, 2009
Hmmm... I don't think so, there are a lot of series that I don't like, but I don't spend a single penny on it, so they're harmless to me, hence, I'm not tired of 'em.

That Greek Guy

Jul 29, 2009
6th And Silver said:
I don't really understand this mentality. "Oh no! People like something I don't really care for! Now it's MERE EXISTENCE MAKES ME ANGRY." What the hell kind of sense does that make? If you don't like it, fantastic. You don't have to play it. It's existence has no effect on your life whatsoever, so...What possible reason could you have to be angry at it?

And to answer your question, in case you couldn't already tell, no. There is no franchise that pisses me off just by existing. Because that wouldn't make any goddamn sense. I mean, I think it's ridiculous that EA is still releasing yearly sports titles. But that's why I DON'T PLAY THEM.[footnote]Well, also because I don't care about sports, but that's beside the point.[/footnote]

EDIT: Oh, and this goes out to the whole thread, by the way, not just the OP. Since, looking around, it has become apparent to me that everyone else has boarded the Crazy Hate Train as well.
I am not angry. YOU are :p
Seriously though calm down. You are taking this all wrong. The only reason i am annoyed with what Halo has become is because every time i see a new Halo game all i can think of is how good it used to be and how much it has been panned out and deteriorated over time for no reason. All im trying to say is that i am sick of seeing more and more never ending series. If it goes on like this, in a few years there will be more games with numbers at the end of the title than without. MAKE SOMETHING NEW INSTEAD OF HALO 5, CoD 300, FIFA 4000....
But i guess that is the power of the fanboys. Doh well.

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
Most games that go beyond 3 or 4 installments kinda make me sick already. Especially when it was never that great to begin with, but just had great marketing.

Not -all- games, mind. For instance, Final Fantasy 6 was awesome. Needs to stop though, or just head into a new direction altogether.

Oh, and I don't really like all those...erm...out-of-genre-games(?) With those I mean Mario Tennis, Mario Football, etc. etc. There are more, but Mario's the most prominent in that line. (22 sports games and 12 party games, come on! >.>)

And as a small disclaimer: No, I don't dislike any game over 3 or 4 or all out-of-genre-games. Just the ones that suck or (mostly "and") are merely siphoning money.