Game series you are absolutely sick of.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Final Fantasy, cause if it doesn't die then Kingdom Hearts will die for it's sins.
Resident Evil, Mario, Zelda. Assassins Creed (If it ends at 3 I will have so much respect for Ubi, if not well... no...)
I won't say COD because lets face it, it may not ever innovate(future setting doesn't count) but it sells like hot cakes. My other choices seem the likeliest to die.

Lets me go out on a positive note. How bout that Infamous 2? Such a great game that literally ended in the 2nd installment. The 2nd, thats right, no obligatory 3rd game, it ended at 2. Sucker Punch, I tip my hat to you.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Halo, Call of Duty and all the cliche's

No, it doesn't piss me off that they're released. I'm not forced to buy them so why should I care?. Sure some people make me play them but then I slap them in the face with a stern 'no' :)

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Ive really enjoyed all the Mario and Resident Evil games but I'm just kind of tired of them now. I'd like to see both discontinued ( although I'll prob buy RE6).

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Actually, Half Life. You can't turn around without someone praising the series for being god's gift to gamers. Then, if you can somehow get beyond that, there's constant cries about when Half Life 3 is going to come out or if it's going to be HL3 or just HL2 Episode 3. Then Gordon Freeman somehow constabtly pops up when anyone tries to discuss either great defined characters or mute empty shell protagonists (and he's somehow a perfect example of both at the same time!). It's frankly something I'd rather be totally done with.

Studsmack

Sep 28, 2012
Sports games kind of irk me. I honestly don't see much of a difference between my copy of Madden 11 and my friend's Madden 12. It makes me ponder what the point of a year makes... game engine refinements? Sure, roster changes and minor stat tweaks. Screwing around with the menu layout?

It just doesn't justify a new $60 price tag EVERY year, to me.

Besides that, I'm never sick of game releases so long as they change it up.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Well I have nothing against it but Final Fantasy needs to die. Seriously it is on number 14. COD also needs to die or actually innovate. I like MW2(my first COD game) So I bought BO i got bored after a month or 2. Then I thought maybe it is because it is treyarch,infinity ward will be better. I buy MW3 SKyrim came out that Friday and I never came back. COD is boring now and needs to die.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Studsmack said:
Sports games kind of irk me. I honestly don't see much of a difference between my copy of Madden 11 and my friend's Madden 12. It makes me ponder what the point of a year makes... game engine refinements? Sure, roster changes and minor stat tweaks. Screwing around with the menu layout?

It just doesn't justify a new $60 price tag EVERY year, to me.

Besides that, I'm never sick of game releases so long as they change it up.
Actually, I was wondering about that too with sports titles. They really should just offer new rosters as DLC and only change the game every few years to reflect new engines.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Friendly Lich said:
Got a warning from Mods for posting Mario, geez I guess someone really likes Mario.
It's called low content posting. This is a discussion board. A one word answer is not contributing to a discussion.

If you had said "Mario because X, Y and Z" you wouldn't have received a warning. Mods don't hand them out because they disagree with opinions.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Friendly Lich said:
Got a warning from Mods for posting Mario, geez I guess someone really likes Mario.
I guess it was a low content warning meaning that your post wasn't self explanatory enough. You should have said Mario because its tits are unrecognizable after all this milking.

OT: I don't know. I generally tend to stay away from the brands i tend to dislike. So i am gonna say Megaman because it has had its time and is being run into ground by Capcom. Better to die with some (so little actually) dignity rather than being yanked around by a company that no longer cares about its own brand names.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Halo, Final Fantasy, Mario and Resident Evil.

None of these game series have anything new to offer creatively, yet they all still seem to persist.

Halo is the worst offender as, with the release of Reach, the series felt like it had come full circle to a satisfying conclusion. Halo 4 just feels so unnecessary and from what I've seen from gameplay footage really does have nothing new to add to the series.

I would also add Assassin's Creed to my list after the dreadful padding sequels that were Brotherhood and Revelations but it seems as if Assassin's Creed 3 might just be innovative enough to prevent the series from truly stagnating.

QuadFish

God Damn Sorcerer
Dec 25, 2010
Bhaalspawn said:
and a multiplayer game that looks like Infinity Ward's gameplay programmers got high with Blizzard's art department.
That's a very intriguing comparison and not one I've ever heard before. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've never heard someone compare (I assume) CoD gameplay to TF or HL2 gameplay...

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
I would have to say Final Fantasy, I feel that they have gone way past the point where they were good. It seems that Square Enix just wants to make movies, from what I have heard the cut-scenes in 13 are almost at MGS4 length. I also think that Resident Evil and Silent Hill have gone far enough and are becoming bland action games with little actual horror in them.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
I'm beginning to get sick of Resident Evil. Capcom has painted itself into a corner with 5 and 6.

Killing off Wesker and escalating the BOW threat to the national/ international level means that whatever antagonist they shove in our faces isn't likely to be all that interesting and that, unless they go for "zombies in space" (unlikely), the games will come to resemble the movies (some sort of armaggedon scenario, with lots of running around all over the world).

I just don't see how Capcom will get out of this mess.

Lewg999

Jan 30, 2011
I know its redundant but god I wish that COD would just die. They just refuse to innovate from game to game. Also most Nintendo franchises need to be retired , they haven't had a new a decent new franchise in years.

Kind of want all the requests for HL3 to stop too , with this much build-up when it does get released its probably going to be like Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Dear Call of Duty and Halo,

Fuck the fuck off, you fucking fucks.

You are no longer ruining gaming, you have already ruined it, so please just fuck off now.

It's 2012 and Resident Evil might as well be a first person shooter, and I blame you bastards.

In fact while I'm at it, the false Resident Evil and Silent Hill series can fuck off too. I don't really like having to watch my best friend's corpse being forced to dance for me, and poorly at that, which is amusingly enough more horrifying imagery than anything that has been in those games lately. A clear example of why once the original creators leave a series the publishers should lose the rights.

Which would also stop the new Halo's and CoD's.

Simple fact: Publishers are dicks, just like producers and record companies they add nothing to the product except an insistence on "mass appeal" which always ruins whatever promise might have been held by the initial concept of the game, and they love to exploit name brand recognition because it guarantees sales just for popping a fucking name on the box.