Game series you are absolutely sick of.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Not really any besides Assassin's Creed--but that's because I actually used to like the series and now it's just too repetitive to feel like it was worth anything to begin with. So, I just stopped buying games from that series.

That said, if I don't like a game series, I ignore it. No hate, no emotion of any kind.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
I'm not sure why so many people are so vocal against FIFA in comparison Madden. I Personally wish Madden would kinda die off.

But aside from that, really just Pokémon. Silver was the best and Sapphire was very quickly sliding downhill. Now I'm just annoyed by each new iteration.

Angry Juju said:
Also, Borderlands. I just don't like how it's an MMO, without the MMO part. It seems a bit redundant to me.
Are you getting MMO mixed up with RPG? Cause it's not at all an MMO, nor really trying to be one.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
I'm sick of every franchise that gets a new title every year. Thats not to say I absolutely hate them or anything, but I get tired of the September-December period being filled by the same fucking titles every year.

I'm going to overlook stuff like CoD, because I have only spent about two hours playing that franchise in total (so, like, the single player campaign from three of the games, BURN!), and Fifa, because frankly, I have no interest in football. Also, I don't want to play any games of stuff I can actually do in real life. I can play football in real life. Granted, I totally suck at it, and couldn't play it to a professional level, but I can still play it. What I cant do in real life is shoot aliens in the face.

Even Assassin's Creed. I never played the first one (though I did get a free copy with Revelations), and I loved the second, but dragging out the story with expansion packs each year... No. Frankly, as much as I loved the series, I have absolutely no interest in Assassin's Creed 5, its main character or its setting.

I'd prefer to see new IPs, to be honest. I would rather play a new IP that wasn't that polished or had some noticable flaws to it that the same kinda copy pasted stuff that gets released year after year.

But thats not going to change, is it?

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
any franchise with over 3 games i tend to dislike. they all get repetitive and boring. there aren't enough standalone games with their own unique concepts.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
None.

I play games I like and ignore games I don't like.
Anyone wanting a series to die is just an ass.
"STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!!"

Pro tip:
You don't have to buy nor play a game that you don't like. I know, it's like magic, but it works.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Korten12 said:
It came to it's logical conclusion after the first game... what..?

Game ended with:

"It's not over yet.."

-The Ring was destroyed
-The war still raging on
-Many questions left unanswered...
-343 Guilty Sparks still alive.

How is that a logical conclusion?
The Halo, the thing that the whole game revolved around and was named after, the idol that the covenant worshipped and believed was their sole source of salvation, and the only known habitat of the flood, was completely destroyed. Mastercheif and Cortana (and the annoying talking ball) are the only survivors left.

I'd call that a pretty solid conclusion.

Sure, the war might continue but it was just background. It had already been going for decades. The game is about the Halo; uncovering, activating, and finally destroying it to save the galaxy.
I'm not sure what the unanswered questions you're referring to are, but I know I felt pretty satisfied by the ending.

Halo 2 had to pretty much invent a whole new cast of characters, a whole new story involving additional Halos, a new protagonist, and dramatically rewrote the covenant and flood making them far more complicated than they were originally meant to be.

And the last line was "No. I think we're just getting started"

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
Dear god, there are so many people who just hate fun in this thread.

I don't really hate any franchises. I think CoD and BF are milked, but I don't mind. I don't really like Dota 2 or the Killzone series, but I'm not idiotic or rage-filled enough to wish them to stop existing.

DragonStorm247

Mar 5, 2012
I don't know about Halo. It releases far less frequent than other franchises (approx 3 years for every Halo title as opposed to 1 year for CoD), so it probably only feels milked because its been around for so long. I'm also curious to see how it evolves under a new studio.

Finbark

Jul 24, 2008
The Halo universe is so huge and untapped (at least in the games) that I'd be disappointed if they didn't continue the series. Especially since they left the 3rd game at a cliff hanger.

OT: Besides the horribly obvious CoD, I'm kind of sick of seeing the "New Super Mario Bros." games. I know there's only really two but they delay the handheld and console releases so it seems like there's more...

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
That Greek Guy said:
Is there a game series that its mere existance pisses you off? It can be for any reason. You might be sick of it or you might never liked it in the first case.
Personally i reached the point where seeing the name HALO pisses me off. For me Halo feels more milked than CoD at this point. Thats propably because the last Halo game i really liked was
halo 2 (single player wise). I know that Halo has a fanbase almost as big as the beatles's but ffs have some restraint. Its kinda funny and sad for me that halo has such a big fanbase that a studio emerged from it and now will pan it out even more......FOR ETERNITY.
Im pretty sure though that the only people who are behind me on this are those that hated halo in the first place.
I don't really understand this mentality. "Oh no! People like something I don't really care for! Now it's MERE EXISTENCE MAKES ME ANGRY." What the hell kind of sense does that make? If you don't like it, fantastic. You don't have to play it. It's existence has no effect on your life whatsoever, so...What possible reason could you have to be angry at it?

And to answer your question, in case you couldn't already tell, no. There is no franchise that pisses me off just by existing. Because that wouldn't make any goddamn sense. I mean, I think it's ridiculous that EA is still releasing yearly sports titles. But that's why I DON'T PLAY THEM.[footnote]Well, also because I don't care about sports, but that's beside the point.[/footnote]

EDIT: Oh, and this goes out to the whole thread, by the way, not just the OP. Since, looking around, it has become apparent to me that everyone else has boarded the Crazy Hate Train as well.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Honestly, OP, while there are plenty of game series I'm not fond of, or no longer fond of, there aren't any I think need to "die".

I used to think that way, but then I was a stupid kid at the time. Since then I've come to realize that everyone has different tastes from everyone else. Some people like one game series, others like another. So, assuming there are still people that like games like Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Mario, etc, who am I to proclaim those series should "go away"? How can anyone, besides a series creator or owner, have the right to say that a series should "die"?

Just sayin'

DragonLord Seth said:
I would like to know how it's been milked. You had a primary trilogy (CE-3), three games expanding on the backstory (Wars, ODST, Reach) and then there's a secondary trilogy (4-6) that's a sequal series to the original trilogy. The many myriad of books are quite good, many of the good ones don't even directly involve the Chief, I liked some of the short stories in Evolutions, I think my favorites were... Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian and that one that had the Flood. The Flood one was much more like a story, with plot twists, dynamic character arcs, suspense, a group that had no idea what was going on and a cliffhanger ending. Hell, it was more of a zombie story than most zombie stories nowadays.
Also, it had a Sangheili with a baseball bat. What more do you want?
Not that I'm entirely disagreeing with you, but consider:

You mention the series being comprised of nine games (planned) and several books. It's also made up of a handful of animated short films, a once planned but failed major motion picture, and a large collection of novelty toys and figurines.

While certainly not as "milked" as some game series, like say Final Fantasy or Pokemon, it's certainly well on it's way to the upper echelons. Assuming Microsoft continues to have it's way.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
OlasDAlmighty said:
Korten12 said:
It came to it's logical conclusion after the first game... what..?

Game ended with:

"It's not over yet.."

-The Ring was destroyed
-The war still raging on
-Many questions left unanswered...
-343 Guilty Sparks still alive.

How is that a logical conclusion?
The Halo, the thing that the whole game revolved around and was named after, the idol that the covenant worshipped and believed was their sole source of salvation, and the only known habitat of the flood, was completely destroyed. Mastercheif and Cortana (and the annoying talking ball) are the only survivors left.

I'd call that a pretty solid conclusion.

Sure, the war might continue but it was just background. It had already been going for decades. The game is about the Halo; uncovering, activating, and finally destroying it to save the galaxy.
I'm not sure what the unanswered questions you're referring to are, but I know I felt pretty satisfied by the ending.

Halo 2 had to pretty much invent a whole new cast of characters, a whole new story involving additional Halos, a new protagonist, and dramatically rewrote the covenant and flood making them far more complicated than they were originally meant to be.

And the last line was "No. I think we're just getting started"
Actually it was stated in Halo 1 that it was installation 04, meaning that there was more. So the fact that it was destroyed meant there was still more and they weren't the only survivors. The whole legendary ending part was just a joke. Hell if they didn't plan on making anymore games, they shouldn't have released The Fall of Reach days before the game which heavily expanded upon the universe.

Also questions left unanswered:

-Who were the Forerunners?
-What are the flood?

They introduced these and put a lot of thought into them to just end it with one game.

Also thank you for correcting me on the quote.

But trust me, they expanded Halo far too much to have it at one. Plus the ending quote says it all. They wouldn't have made him say that if that was the final game.

oZode

Nov 15, 2011
Pokemon.

The graphics and Gameplay are barely different from every sequel to sequel, they don't take risks at all and it's just an expansion pack every sequel.

It is the least innovative franchise in existence, and is to me the symbol of nintendo's start of just rehashing everything.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
I have nothing against sequels and series as long as they don't milk them and they stay the same every time. CoD and Battlefield are great examples of that. Halo gets a lot of hate for this, but I'm still on the fence on what I think. Halo Reach had the best multiplayer in the series and best campaign since Halo 1 (why people hate on it baffles me) and if Halo 4 has the story its been promising than its definitely not being milked (my philosophy is if you can tell a great story that's enough to justify keeping the same or similar gameplay). Mario is really starting to annoy me, Mario Party was never a good series, the 2D games haven't changed in about 15-20 years (that is not an exaggeration), the 3D games are still a lot of fun but are kind of stagnating and the only Mario games I really care about is Paper Mario because of how unique they are (Paper Mario 2 is the best Mario game IMO).

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I'm tired of essentially every large franchise out there. Except for Uncharted.

I'm worried, because I can see a not-too-distant future where they've disguised the fact that Activision is pushing its twelfth Call of Duty title by simply *not* calling it "Call of Duty". Or EA its tenth Battlefield by *not* calling it "Battlefield".

Obviously, no one notices.

That's all it's going to take, really. A name change and a few cosmetic alterations. There ya go; the tired if oblivious fanboys have been successfully duped!