Game soundtracks.

r3lix

Mar 19, 2009
Are there any games with brilliant and awesome soundtracks, tracks that actually make you want to play because it actually adds to the whole atmosphere? I noticed this in Halo3.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
F-Zero X, Quake 2, Doom, The Bard's Tale, and The Prince of Persia (Sands of Time trilogy). I'll have to agree with Halo 3 too.

setvak

Sep 6, 2009
Back in the day I saved one of the cards from an issue of Nintendo Power so I could get the Majora's Mask soundtrack when I resubscribed. It was my first Zelda game (and yes, I actually prefer it to Ocarina) so hearing the soundtrack brings back good memories, not to mention the music is great on its own. I've still got the 2-CD set, all the tracks are actually on my iPod now.

EDIT: And of course my favorite game - Shadow of the Colossus. Fully orchestrated, fully epic.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
GTA Vice City had a nice soundtrack... But that's just licensed music, so maybe that doesn't count... For original soundtracks I'd have to say Prince of Persia - The Sands Of Time

Jamis

Sep 4, 2009
Any "Team Ico" game, Mirrors Edge, Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne, Metriod Prime, and Zelda, Sonics 1-k, Condemned. I think thats all.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
r3lix said:
Are there any games with brilliant and awesome soundtracks, tracks that actually make you want to play because it actually adds to the whole atmosphere? I noticed this in Halo3.
Most of the games I really fall for are that way, I notice. The Halo series is notable, but even Rez and Outrun draw me in with the soundtrack.

-- Steve

The Blue Mongoose

Jul 12, 2008
Braid has a very cool soundtrack. As do the Metal Gear Solid games. Ocarina of Time's soundtrack is timeless and made of awesome.

Also I still hum the Starwolf theme from Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64).

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Halo series
Mariokart
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX/AX
Gears of War series
Tales of Symphonia
Kirby 64
Blazblue
The Legend of Zelda Series
I got a lot to list...but I'm too lazy.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
I Really Enjoy listening to any of the Final Fantasy Scores. Okay in a lot of cases they are variations on previous themes but the Black Mages do an Excellent job and have made some great albums of Re-works. Love listening to Otherworld (FFX opening), Maybe I'm A Lion (Final Boss) and Man with the Machine Gun (FFVIII Lagunas Theme) and of course Those who fight further (FFVII boss music)

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
The Grand Theft Auto series, Super Mario Galaxy, World of Warcraft, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl, Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, The Getaway, Halo 1 and I guess 2, 3 no, Gears of War, Ratchet and Clank series, Mirror's Edge, Portal, Half-Life 2, of course, The Final Fantasy series, and lastly, my favorite, the Metal Gear Solid series.

*EDIT* Can't believe I forgot Guilty Gear

Dovien

Sep 16, 2009
Advent Rising, one of the most underrated games with one of the best scores I've ever heard in an interactive medium, augmented by Charlotte Martin's stellar voice.