Game that sucked you in the most?

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
What game was so immersive that it felt like you actually were in the game? For me, it's probably Bioshock, cause I could really feel the tension of feeling a madman possibly standing behind me going to scream in my ear and light me on fire with a match and a bottle of vodka.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Fallout 3. I was never a fan of oblivion, but the world of Fallout is a world I am oddly familiar with. And being able to explore and meet it's denizens while facing the ghouls, super mutants and the enclave, was one hell of a ride.

And one that thing that stands out, was how deserted the wasteland was, how lonely it felt to explore it even.

Oh, and I finally found Dogmeat. :)

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Diablo 2. I spent so much time on that game, I even ditched studying a couple of times just because I couldn't stop playing. that and Oblivion and Fallout 3. It's actually hard to decide which one immersed me the most...

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
For me, its Dead Space. They really worked hard on making that game extremely immersible, and eventually I renamed my hard drive "USG Ishumura Data Log" so it stayed immersive when I had to save.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Bioshock, Fallout and Half-Life 2! Also TF2, its strange but I loved taking the intel as a scout while screaming "Eat Bat bitches!"

Delta1

Apr 25, 2009
For me it has to be Farcry2. Why? It's not beacause of the story but beacause of the enviornment. This was the most realistic enviornment I have ever played in. Fallout three was good it just looked a bit too fake. Imao.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
That would be Final Fantasy IX. Epic story, great characters, awesome bosses and brilliant atmosphere!
Love that game!

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
cainx10a said:
Fallout 3. I was never a fan of oblivion, but the world of Fallout is a world I am oddly familiar with. And being able to explore and meet it's denizens while facing the ghouls, super mutants and the enclave, was one hell of a ride.

And one that thing that stands out, was how deserted the wasteland was, how lonely it felt to explore it even.

Oh, and I finally found Dogmeat. :)
This and surprisingly Fable 1. It was the second game I played on the Xbox and I loved it. Spent a good few days of solid playing. Before an Xbox I only had a Gameboy Advance, so you can understand this was a big step up for me.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Kiutu said:
Morrowind. I can always really get deep into that game. Mmmm.
That did it for me. Morrowind is just a great game, when I start playing it, I feel like I want to be there...
I say "Legacy of Kain" a lot in this forum, but Defiance and Blood Omen 2 were games that I just didn't want to end, and the story is just great..

slarlath

Apr 24, 2009
I would have to say Morrowind. it got to the point where due to the lack of voise acting i started to talk every conversation out loud.
That and bioshock. it was so well made.

May 27, 2008
despite the turn based combat I will have to go with KOTOR I & II mainly for their stories that just kept on sucking me in! also Assassin's Creed

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
I've never been as immersed in a game as with Fallout 3, there have been times when I started to think as my characters, just another thing I love about that game.

Scarecrow38

Apr 17, 2008
Definitely Oblivion... I've never played a single game for so long non-stop in a first play-through. I was totally bound to it until I'd finished basically everything.

Fallout 3 didn't do the same for me though.... could be that I rushed through the story or something but it never had the same impact.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Thief Deadly Shadows did it for me. Never got Thief II to work, so I just moved on. There was one level near the end that was scarier and more immersive than any horror game I've played. Hearing Garret's intake of breath when he flattened himself against a wall to avoid detection from an undead asylum worker combined with the first-person perspective really sucked me into the experience.

ThorUK

Dec 11, 2008
Vampires: The Masquerade. It's not the graphics or anything, but the character development and the open storyline suck you in :)