Game Theory: Five Nights at Freddy's Scariest Monster is You!

MatthewPatrick13

Jun 17, 2014
Five Nights at Freddy's Scariest Monster is You!

Another SCARY THEORY for Halloween! This time, by your popular request, FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S. 2014's hottest survival horror game seems simple at first. But once you start looking past the murderous animatronics, the true story behind Five Nights at Freddy's may be more sinister than you ever expected!

Watch Video

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
That.... That was more interesting than I thought it would be. I still don't want to buy any of these games as it sounds too goofy for my taste.

noobiemcfoob

Mar 18, 2013
I was really anticipating a jump scare at the end. Backed my chair up and everything in preparation.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
I'm not sure if that explains Springtrap in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Although your theory might correlate with Five Nights 2 where it's set in the time when the incidents occur and you have a suit to wear for protection this time.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
That was surprisingly in depth, although I get the feeling it was written without any consideration of the second and third game. Is this an old video?

Anyway, I had a passing interest in the game at first, but when I watched a couple of let's plays it got me really interested in it. As a minimal interface game that focuses on jumpscares and has an extremely limited way of conveying story, it sure does its job well. One of my favorite things about it is that across the three games, it tells almost everything while still leaving some wiggle room for interpretation. It's a bit more stressful than I care for, and I think people overlook just how effective it is at building the tension for the jumpscares to work. I'm a big fan of horror both movies and games: there's a language and pacing they have all on their own and Freddy's deserves more credit than it gets.

The story is vastly unsettling for a number of reasons. Sometimes I think the real monster is the player for forcing themselves to play it or the guy that made the game in the first place.

Full disclosure: there was a jumpscare in the third one that was so well-paced it actually made me cry out in fear. That's never happened to me with a game before.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Bit silly reposting this old video seeing as how it's been thoroughly debunked by the subsequent story revelations. Maybe just stick to reposting videos that are actually still valid theories?

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
I will agree with everything - except the final conclusion, because the theory falls apart the moment you play the second and third game... especially the revelations you get in the third one, and the weird puppet thingy

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
flying_whimsy said:
Is this an old video?
Yes. This video (and theory) was made before the 2nd FNAF came out, and I believe before it was even announced, so that's why it seems to run crossways with the extended lore via the sequels. I was kinda surprised they put up this video instead of the other one that expounds upon 2.

Disthron

Aug 19, 2009
Even discounting games 2 and 3, there is nothing connecting the protagonist to any of the past events. His conclusion is a complete non-sequitur. He might as well have accused Ronald McDonald of being the murderer. It'd make about as much sense.

What he's doing is using the small similarities, witch are a stretch to begin with Specialty Freddy and Chica, and using that to get you to accept the conclusion witch is totally unrelated to anything else that he talked about. You're character isn't hunting the Animatronics, they are hunting you. After you first week of work, you are fired, you don't steal anything, you don't shoot anyone and you can't even move. The only thing you can do is look through the security cameras and close the door at the appropriate time.