Game Theory: How PewDiePie Conquered YouTube

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Robbaz is 100x funnier than PewDiePie. He is also Swedish lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZo02nME6yc&list=PLo1nDt_-WWnVirbI8fCjBIalcmlBgYdFj[/youtube]

Tarsus

May 27, 2014
Don't know why anyone is surprised by this.
Targeting children(and by extension idiots) is by far the most profitable marketing strategy.
Children love this guy, and anyone who has read youtube comments can tell you that kids are by far the largest demographic on the site.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get the appeal of PewDiePie. I watched a couple of videos from him to see what all the fuss was about and didn't laugh once, didn't even enjoy the videos. There's much less popular gaming youtubers that can reduce me to tears of laughter.

yamy

Slayer of Hot Dogs
Aug 2, 2010
I can honestly say I have never watched a single video of his.

Considering he is about to become the biggest channel on youtube, is there something wrong with me?

(This is coming from a guy who spends 2-3 hours a day on youtube)

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
It's a bit perplexing, but it's one phenomenal character that has caught fire like nobody else. The right combination of elements and it's appealed to millions. It doesn't have to make sense, but it's not difficult to comprehend how one guy can trigger such a following.

On the other hand, there's Minecraft machinima. Channels and channels and channels of Minecraft machinima, and they all have multi-million sub counts and zillions of views. It's not just one successful guy doing it, everyone is doing it and many channels have built empires out of it. I...how the?

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
I hadn't watched any of his videos until the Goat Simulator one, which I only found because I was watching everything that had to do with GS. It seems like the perfect match, a YouTuber acting as dumb as possible with what might be the stupidest game ever made.