Game Theory: Humans are Pokemon

MatthewPatrick13

Jun 17, 2014
Humans are Pokemon

Pokemon is a game full of bizarre, off-the-wall theories. But one that's generally overlooked is the role of humans in the Pokemon world. Evidence from Pokemon Silver and Gold, Diamond and Pearl, Red and Blue, and even entries in the Pokedex and anime all point to one conclusion: Humans ARE Pokemon. Believe it!

Watch Video

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
To be fair, I've pretty sure it's never been completely confirmed that Arceus is the creator of the Pokemon universe, at-least not in the games. The Pokedex entries about Arceus are always prefaced with weasel words like "It is said..." or "In Sinnoh mythology...", they clearly want to keep some mystery about it. Similarly, Mew is equally rumoured in some Pokedex entries to be the ancestor of all Pokemon but that is mutually exclusive with Arceus being the creator of everything.

On the general topic though, ever since reading those library entries in Diamond I've accepted the belief that humans share a common ancestor with Pokemon, that doesn't necessarily mean humans are still Pokemon though, any-more than humans in the real world would be fish because if you trace it back far enough they're descended from a fish. The psychic powers part is intriguing but could have another explanation, after-all we're talking about a universe where magic and the supernatural clearly exist.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I thought I saw this months ago on YouTube. Almost half a year ago, in fact. Why was it uploaded here just now?

EDIT: February, actually. Woah.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I'm still catching up on the youtube back log of Game Theory, nice episode. One thing, off topic, when Frog's theme started playing I thought my phone was ringing...

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Welcome to Game Theory: the show that requires to mental breakdowns before a new Pokemon episode...

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
... Game theory...

Ugh. Well, at least watching them here I can avoid most of the inane youtube comments that go with these.

Just the other day I was ganged up on by a bunch of irate fanboys for daring to question MatPat's reasoning on something.

You say one thing, and a dozen people leap on you trying to tell you you're stupid.

"She dared to question the all-knowing MatPat! BURN THE HERETIC!" - That's about the level of the youtube comments for Game Theory.

Still, that aside, they're always amusing, even if there is a tendency to... Start from a questionable premise and just... Run with it. That's both what makes it fun, and often, what makes it wrong.
But... Apparently pointing out some of the logically questionable aspects of these theories will get you mobbed by angry fans... Thanks internet -_-

Anyway, humans are pokemon huh? You know, that works pretty well. No real reason why it couldn't be true... No obvious glaring logical errors...
Quite a good one. XD

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
... Game theory...

Ugh. Well, at least watching them here I can avoid most of the inane youtube comments that go with these.

Just the other day I was ganged up on by a bunch of irate fanboys for daring to question MatPat's reasoning on something.

You say one thing, and a dozen people leap on you trying to tell you you're stupid.

"She dared to question the all-knowing MatPat! BURN THE HERETIC!" - That's about the level of the youtube comments for Game Theory.

Still, that aside, they're always amusing, even if there is a tendency to... Start from a questionable premise and just... Run with it. That's both what makes it fun, and often, what makes it wrong.
But... Apparently pointing out some of the logically questionable aspects of these theories will get you mobbed by angry fans... Thanks internet -_-

Anyway, humans are pokemon huh? You know, that works pretty well. No real reason why it couldn't be true... No obvious glaring logical errors...
Quite a good one. XD
How can you say that!?

Youtubes comment section is a BASTION of intelligent thought, rational conversation and-

PFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!

OK, I couldn't finish that sentence with a straight face.

Yeah, youtubes comments are problematic even on the best of days. Fans are a crazy and emotion-fueled beast that tend to act on impulse even on the best of days and on youtube it seems to be a very notable problem.

Redtutel

Jul 13, 2012
Infernai said:
CrystalShadow said:
... Game theory...

Quite a good one. XD
How can you say that!?

Youtubes comment section is a BASTION of intelligent thought, rational conversation and-

PFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!

Yeah, youtubes comments are problematic even on the best of days. Fans are a crazy and emotion-fueled beast that tend to act on impulse even on the best of days and on youtube it seems to be a very notable problem.
It could be worse. They could be Escapist Forum posters.

ryazoph

Aug 5, 2014
Denny Crane is a PokƩmon.
He has learned to say words other than his own name, but he lapses to being primal from time to time.
Source: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/BostonLegal

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Infernai said:
CrystalShadow said:
[spoiler = "Stuf that was said."]... Game theory...

Quite a good one. XD[/spoiler]
How can you say that!?

PFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!

Yeah... At this point I'm more surprised when someone ISN'T being a complete ass on the youtube comments section.
Sometimes you can actually have a reasonable conversation... Which is always a pleasant surprise.
Doesn't usually last though... Because if nothing else, you can usually find an annoying person involving themselves in it and turning what WAS a pleasant conversation into a nightmare...

Thankfully my own channel has not attracted any of the nasty stuff yet... Guess that only really happens once you hit critical mass or something... XD

Redtutel said:
Ahahhaha... XD

That only happens around here under very specific circumstances... Usually very easy to predict.
... It's also much easier to avoid being 'update bombed' (um, what? That is a rather strange way of describing it... Well... Whatever...)

That little counter for 'new posts' on youtube just seems to grow to insane proportions so quickly... I think I average 10 new things a day without ever doing anything (just from stuff I commented on ages ago.)

Dollabillyall

Jul 18, 2012
hakkarin said:
Pokemon are humans? Uhm, then why can't they be cought with pokeballs and then why don't other pokemon treat them like pokemon also? And what are the special human pokemon powers?

Sorry but this idea has holes in it the size of the sun.
If you take the anime as canon, there is actually an episode where ancient predecessors of pokeballs are used to catch humans.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP072

There are also numerous examples of pokemon fighting humans. In fact, one of the first events in the original Red and Blue games states that wild pokemon live in tall grass... and that without a pokemon of your own you might be attacked yourself.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Redtutel said:
Holy crap! You waited more than two years to make your first post and then this? I'm speechless, well done, magnificent job.