Game Theory: Surviving the Assassin's Creed Leap of Faith

MatthewPatrick13

Jun 17, 2014
Surviving the Assassin's Creed Leap of Faith

Assassin's Creed is known for some crazy stunts, none more so than the Leap of Faith. But can you REALLY jump off a building, land in hay, and walk away like Ezio and the rest of the Assassins? More importantly, what does the WAY Ezio falls REALLY say about the Assassin's Creed universe?

Watch Video

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Ok, now combine the higher gravity with higher oxygen.

Edit: Actually, wouldn't higher gravity mean higher air pressure, in that air-density?

Demon Messiah

Jun 22, 2009
Um... 6 miles is not over 9000km. The conversion is something like 1km for every 0.6 miles. I think what you meant was 6 miles is over 9000 meters. The next common unit of measurement down in the metric scale.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Oh look, it's this thing that Reel Physics already covered a year and a half ago.

Shame that show isn't still around.

At least this does take a slightly different spin on it by examining the wonky physics in the AssCreed universe.

klown

Jun 6, 2012
So two things wrong with your statements, first: 6 miles is not over 9000 Kilometers. You probably meant Meters, and that is forgivable I guess. Second, a Gigabyte is a 1000 Megabytes by the International System of Units (SI units for all science). Anyone who tells you differently isn't wrong, they just aren't as correct.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
But... you haven't accounted for the proportion of the impact force that'd be sucked up by that pile of loosely packed straw!

...yeah, my cousin plays the game and I've been mocking these leaps for ages. :D

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Interesting analysis of the physics of the Assassin's Creed world, except you didn't take into account for how The Animus simulates physics. I mean, in the first game, the time of day didn't change at all, and in every subsequent game, a whole day passes in 20 minutes of real-world time, unless you're in a memory. Another thing is, Assassins are just "built" differently, having a higher concentration of First Civilization DNA which gives them the Eagle Vision ability and the free-running.

Fox334

Jul 28, 2010
klown said:
So two things wrong with your statements, first: 6 miles is not over 9000 Kilometers. You probably meant Meters, and that is forgivable I guess. Second, a Gigabyte is a 1000 Megabytes by the International System of Units (SI units for all science). Anyone who tells you differently isn't wrong, they just aren't as correct.
A Gigabyte is indeed 10^3 bytes, but in colloquial usage it is often used used to mean 2^30 bytes. That being said, the correct (and not very often used) word for 2^30 bytes if Gibibyte, not Gigabyte.

It's actually really confusing because without context there is no way to know for sure if 1GB means 10^3 bytes or 2^30 bytes.

small

Aug 5, 2014
Vivi22 said:
Oh look, it's this thing that Reel Physics already covered a year and a half ago.

At least this does take a slightly different spin on it by examining the wonky physics in the AssCreed universe.
not to mention the video itself is 12 months old

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Ok, all of this play about terminal velocity, gravity and other factors is quite interesting, really. However, there was no discussion about the effects of sudden deceleration on the body.
If you were to fall 30m or more (the red zone) would you survive if you landed on a pile of hay? Obviously not on concrete or water, but hay? How tall does the hay have to be? What about other materials?

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Vivi22 said:

You know these episodes are old, so complaining this was already covered a year ago by someone else means nothing when this episode itself may already be a year old too...

rycro

Oct 9, 2011
Actually, Mythbusters busted the myth that falling into water is just as deadly as falling onto concrete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E408JigEcFI

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
Not that this series is bad, but it does make me miss Reel Physics where they actually included proper physics and math to calculate if something was possible.