Game Theory: The Assassin's Creed Shared Universe Conspiracy

MatthewPatrick13

Jun 17, 2014
The Assassin's Creed Shared Universe Conspiracy

It's that time again: Our yearly Assassin's Creed theory is here! Except this time we're taking it up a notch by not just talking about Assassin's Creed, but finding out how Assassin's Creed is part of a MUCH larger gaming universe of under-cover super heroes sprinkled all throughout the major Ubisoft franchises. Much more than Easter eggs, we're digging deep into the lore to uncover how AC is connected to, well, EVERYTHING.

Watch Video

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Also it's been a while but if I'm not mistaken in Far Cry 3 there were side missions that discoverd Templar activities on the islands in the game. It's never really fleshed out beyond that but Jason does lose his ring finger which was a right of initiation for the ancient Assassin Order.

Orion Henry

Oct 8, 2015
Far Cry: Primal is coming. Wonder if there's going to be some First Civilization references there.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
A couple of errors:
1) Matt mistook Haytham Kenway for Connor.
2) He mistook one of the post-it note messages for one of Olivier's email messages.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Yes, it's possible they are pulling a Hannah-Barbara before "The Avengers" they declared all of their animated works to occupy the same universe which involved a few scenes like Yogi Bear meeting the likes of The Heculoids and Fantastic Four face to face. I believe Moviebob covered this to some extent when he worked for The Escapist as well.

The big question one has to ask though is if they are intending this to be a full on crossover, or simply as Easter Eggs and/or to link their IPS with a common thread for legal reasons. The bit with Watch Dogs shows that the crossover was apparently planned, and that doesn't surprise me simply because the idea behind Watch Dogs seemed to be to give people the modern Assassin's Creed a lot of people have wanted for a long time.... albeit the Watch Dogs did manage to face plant itself rather epically. I'm not sold on the Splinter Cell and Recon universes being connected however.

yellowmage

Mar 2, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
A couple of errors:
1) Matt mistook Haytham Kenway for Connor.
2) He mistook one of the post-it note messages for one of Olivier's email messages.
He also mistook Lucy Stillman for Rebecca Crane. Still, I enjoyed this video, even if I already knew the Watch Underscore Dogs connection. And I may have to play FarCry 3 at some point.