GameFront is Finally Launched and Live!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
GameFront is Finally Launched and Live!

GameFront launched yesterday with all the old articles, files, games, and everything else fully restored for your viewing pleasure by the original team. The site is built from the ground up and everything that you've come to expect from the place is there, and even the forums there have been revamped so that users can chat about news and content by the staff.

The site is beefier and better than it was before. As a note, they are no longer affiliated with Defy and are now more independent. They are good people (Brent) and you should head on over to see what they're up to since they worked super hard on it.

You can visit it here.

Hope to see you around there!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Hey all,

Some of you may remember me, I have taken over the role of community manager at GameFront!

Here to answer any questions. I used to work on the mod team here with n0e (Jeff) who is the product manager at GameFront.

We know our site went much the same way as this one has gone under Defy ownership, so we are here as a lifeboat of sorts. I know we were two very different sites but we went through very similar sagas.

Hope to see some familiar faces say hi!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
@FileTrekker

A site suggestion: Implement a night theme
Light text on a dark background

Eye will be grateful

Here's a t-shirt

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
It's a nice snappy layout.
Glad to see good sites can land on their feet.

[small] Konami code[/small]

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I know what this thread is really about. OP wants us to migrate over to GameFront. Well, you know what...

Fine. Maybe.

In all seriousness though, it's really great to see this site take off again for multiple reasons. I used to use it to download UT99/UT2004 community content so much and also their Jedi Outcast/Academy content. I even uploaded some missing UT mods to it. I wonder if they're still there.

I may just migrate to it over Rock, Paper, Shotgun if I like the forum.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Gauche said:
@FileTrekker

A site suggestion: Implement a night theme
Light text on a dark background

Eye will be grateful

Here's a t-shirt
Noted, we do have a dark theme in the works, but we just wanted to get the site solid first and then we could work on little bells and whistles.

Arnoxthe1 said:
I know what this thread is really about. OP wants us to migrate over to GameFront. Well, you know what...

Fine. Maybe.

In all seriousness though, it's really great to see this site take off again for multiple reasons. I used to use it to download UT99/UT2004 community content so much and also their Jedi Outcast/Academy content. I even uploaded some missing UT mods to it. I wonder if they're still there.

Lol, well can't deny that, but only because we (me, n0e etc) sympathize cause you're going through what we went through, our site was left semi-abandoned by Defy for many years too.

But yes, we do have all the UT99 / UT2004 content back!

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
FileTrekker said:
Lol, well can't deny that, but only because we (me, n0e etc) sympathize cause you're going through what we went through, our site was left semi-abandoned by Defy for many years too.

But yes, we do have all the UT99 / UT2004 content back!
Cool!

Actually, a little warning. You guys are in the same business as ModDB and Nexus Mods. It may be really difficult to carve out a space of your own between them. I do know though that you are putting a new emphasis on articles and video content like the Escapist of old. That's really cool as well. Another thing to be mindful of though is that it may very well take a long time before you guys really start picking up steam. I know it took a while for the Escapist to finally get a firm foothold in the gaming content area.

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Dr.Susse said:
It's a nice snappy layout.
Glad to see good sites can land on their feet.

[small] Konami code[/small]
I take it you typed in the code on our site? *cough* hint *cough*

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Arnoxthe1 said:

Fine. Maybe.

I know what this response is all about. User wants us to twist their arm to visit our wonderful site. Well, you know what...

*psst behind you* *twists arm*

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Arnoxthe1 said:

Fine. Maybe.

Nah, just wanted to do the guys a solid. They're good people and any gaming site coming back from the ashes is not something to sneeze at, and should be celebrated.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
American Tanker said:
Far better than RPS ever was.
Yep. So much better that the Escapist has been almost completely abandoned and we're all now waiting for it to 404.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
Yep. So much better that the Escapist has been almost completely abandoned and we're all now waiting for it to 404.
Clearly ignoring the Deepfreeze links, I see. Pity.

You know, if The Escapist had gone full Pro-GG, I don't think we'd be in this mess. But no, Defy had to be a bunch of fence sitters and run away everyone on both sides. Now look where we are.

If only Defy had some guts when it mattered. Ah well, at least there's still One Angry Gamer...

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
No offense, but if I'm going to be migrating to another forum site, I want it to be somewhere where the people here WON'T follow me there.

So, thanks but no thanks.

EDIT: Aaand this thread is already about Gamergate, complete with Deepfreeze links. Yikes.

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
IceForce said:
No offense, but if I'm going to be migrating to another forum site, I want it to be somewhere where the people here WON'T follow me there.

So, thanks but no thanks.

EDIT: Aaand this thread is already about Gamergate, complete with Deepfreeze links. Yikes.