GameFront is Finally Launched and Live!

captainsavvy

Jan 5, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
OK so try to change the font back to normal or at least a bigger size and then exit and go back into the site. If it's still not fixed, yell at FileTrekker/Noe to fix it.
Gauche said:
This is the culprit

body {
font-size: 15px;
}
.header__alt, .footer {
width: 0px;
}
.wrapper, [class*="__container"], .subnav {
max-width: 0px;
}
I'm sure they'll fix it soon but in the mean time here is a fix via stylish

Thanks both for your help. The Stylish script has fixed it :D
I'm glad to know that I'm not going insane and it's an actual problem not just me being special!

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
If they bring back the Gamefront I remember, with every game series having its own page, with lists of files of every description spilling down the page in multiple columns, with Picture of the Day up the top that anyone can submit to, and people able to leave comments and reviews for literally EVERYTHING...

...then yeah, I'd be on board. Its got a long way to go though...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Squilookle said:
If they bring back the Gamefront I remember, with every game series having its own page
We have this!

with lists of files of every description spilling down the page in multiple columns
And this

with Picture of the Day up the top that anyone can submit to
We don't have this on the site, cause, it's tough to keep populated. But we have done a modern spin on it and are doing PotD on Twitter and Facebook instead.

and people able to leave comments and reviews for literally EVERYTHING...

...then yeah, I'd be on board. Its got a long way to go though...
You can do that too!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
captainsavvy said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
OK so try to change the font back to normal or at least a bigger size and then exit and go back into the site. If it's still not fixed, yell at FileTrekker/Noe to fix it.
Gauche said:
This is the culprit

body {
font-size: 15px;
}
.header__alt, .footer {
width: 0px;
}
.wrapper, [class*="__container"], .subnav {
max-width: 0px;
}
I'm sure they'll fix it soon but in the mean time here is a fix via stylish

Thanks both for your help. The Stylish script has fixed it :D
I'm glad to know that I'm not going insane and it's an actual problem not just me being special!
We will fix it ASAP!

Sorry about that.

MadMikeyB

Apr 22, 2016
captainsavvy said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
You can't get to site preferences?
I can click on it, but it's more or less unusable.
The white box below is where the font size option is.

[img src='https://i.imgur.com/KI7UFZI.jpg' /]

I can click an arrow up and down (but can't see what number it's on) and hit the orange submit. It'll change the font size like it's supposed to, but it doesn't fix the wonky page formatting :(
Ah whoops! We have a VIP only "Site Width" setting which was setting itself to 0 because it was empty. Our bad, I've fixed your account now so you don't need to do anything, and I'll fix the bug which caused it so it doesnt happen to anyone else! :)

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
So I joined up because why not, and I've not been sent the email required to verify my account. Email is not in my junk folder either.

Pls to help poor Sassafrass enjoy forums.

MadMikeyB

Apr 22, 2016
Sassafrass said:
So I joined up because why not, and I've not been sent the email required to verify my account. Email is not in my junk folder either.

Can you let me know the username you used to sign up and I'll have a look into it. Just check your spam for me as well if you can :)

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
My old Gamefront account doesn't exist anymore... :( Oh well. I'll probably make another then.

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Sassafrass said:

Got you covered. You should be able to use our site now. :)

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Arnoxthe1 said:
My old Gamefront account doesn't exist anymore... :( Oh well. I'll probably make another then.
It came down to what we could recover. The content that you will find on the new GameFront is what you saw on our network sites (halflifefiles.gamefront.com, etc...) and not the parent site. They were once two different website and their user databases were never merged and used separate logins. The 'main' site account information wasn't recovered, only the network sites.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
n0e said:
It came down to what we could recover. The content that you will find on the new GameFront is what you saw on our network sites (halflifefiles.gamefront.com, etc...) and not the parent site. They were once two different website and their user databases were never merged and used separate logins. The 'main' site account information wasn't recovered, only the network sites.
Don't worry. It's not that big a deal really. The only reason why I even made it was so the mods I was reviewing in a thread at the time would be available to download to anyone that wanted them. And if they're still there then nothing at all was actually lost.

ebalosus

Mar 14, 2011
I'm glad that it's coming back, as it's the only site that didn't suck Bioware's dick during the Mass Effect 3 ending controversy (Take that, Jerry!). Unfortunately my archives of the articles don't match what I see on the site currently. Where's Phil Hornshaw's excellent expose on Firefall, for example?