Gamer Geeks Pick Up Girls With StarCraft Lingo

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Gamer Geeks Pick Up Girls With StarCraft Lingo

"Hey baby, I've got an additional pylon for you."

The whole "pick-up artist" thing may seem kind of sleazy and wholly disrespectful to women, but as it turns out there's also comedy to be found in it, too. There's an entire YouTube channel [http://www.youtube.com/user/SimplePickup] devoted to seeing if people can pick up girls - that is, get their phone number - with a gimmick or handicap, like working special phrases or lingo into their approach.

The most recent video uses StarCraft speech: Will a girl give her number to someone who tries hitting on her with great APM? Will she reject someone with an admitted history of Stimpack usage?

I really don't know what I'm watching here. It's surreal, but also kind of entertaining in its own way. Frankly, I'm surprised they don't just get ignored from the get-go.

Really, if you wanted to pick up girls with StarCraft, wouldn't you just have to move to Korea?

Flishiz

Feb 11, 2009
Good for them for trying a challenge! I haven't found picking up girls particularly difficult as of late so I'll probably do well to add a little spice to the routine.

Incidentally I once did date a South Korean girl. She really complained to me one day that she was feeling down because she could only play as many as three AI players against her at once in Starcraft. I guess stereotypes get it right sometimes...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Good gods they got a lot of numbers. That's just....woah. I must be doing something wrong, yeah, definitely.
Flishiz said:
Incidentally I once did date a South Korean girl. She really complained to me one day that she was feeling down because she could only play as many as three AI players against her at once in Starcraft. I guess stereotypes get it right sometimes...
Heh, so her APM really was high huh?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I don't think that saying Korean girls going for guys who are good at Starcraft is a stereotype.

Starcraft players are like freakin' celebrities over there.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
It reminds me of this in a way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAHSPR1iY_0&feature=channel_video_title

Didn't know it would ever work o_0

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Meh, I'd rather have them use GTA pick up lines. Would be lots of fun.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
"i heard white girl vs asian guy is very imba"
and he got the number.

Damn this video is awkward, yet funny.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Wow........how did that work? I'm female and I saw no appeal in that. XD I bet those were fake numbers.

Although it was probably less StarCraft and more the fact that they actually had the balls to go up and flirt with these girls. PROTIP: Confidence is hot, guys.

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
That was painful. Absurd lines on top of my British aversion to the very idea of bluntly flirting without the aid of alcohol and a designated social clime (eg bar/club).

Couldn't watch it.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
Is giving numbers out so easily, normal in America, or are the guys just attractive enough for the girls to not even care what they are saying?

Cause seriously, I can never see me pulling that off here in the UK.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
poiumty said:
Good god this was so awful, I couldn't even watch all of it.

Seriously. This makes gamers look bad.

...did you noticed they do get numbers!?