Gamer Geeks Pick Up Girls With StarCraft Lingo

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
If someone did that to me it would work haha.

But seriously...why was that working?

Hondor64

Dec 10, 2009
Interestingly, Facebook won't let me share this on my wall, Apparently it's been reported as offensive or spammy!

So shared the Escapist page instead!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Is it bad that hes succeeding at this, and half this girls have no clue what hes talking about?

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
The part near the end where the woman in the foreground was adjusting her boobs made me lol.

And the Dark Templar tattoo was pure genius.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Wow that was awkward, and I thought I'm bad at this... yet it worked, I really need to lower my standards and just blaber random shit.

Devastadus

Jul 1, 2010
Anyone who doesn't like it or doesn't get this you are clueless. What you say doesn't matter, how you act and carry your self does. These guys carried themselves and showed great confidence, the women had fun with it even though they said the most cheesiest things. Women are more emotional then us guys. Since they had fun with it the girls had fun with it, feelings are contagious, everyone had fun. I'm not surprised they got numbers. Kudos guys this is awesome and a great example.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
pfft. I've been doing that with persona 2 since before it was cool.

emeraldrafael said:

So Ig uess the worst one that failed was I referenced P2 Innocent Sin by saying, and i kid you not "you are my Maya Amano, and I'm your Tatsuya Suou, so lets make an Innocent Sin for some External Punishment". Amazingly the girl knew what i was talking about, and giggled before walking away. though I later asked her out like a normal person.

.... I know, its amazing I got rid of my V-Card.

... but its nice to see this is catching on. And congrats to going out and meeting the girl, isntead of sitting on the computer hoping you get to face one. XD Kidding.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
poiumty said:
Good god this was so awful, I couldn't even watch all of it.

Seriously. This makes gamers look bad.
I don't know, they got a lot of numbers .... Although I have to say I don't understand how or why.

Edit: It was pointed out to me that some, if not all, of the numbers are probably fake.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Devastadus said:
These guys carried themselves and showed great confidence, the women had fun with it even though they said the most cheesiest things. Women are more emotional then us guys. Since they had fun with it the girls had fun with it, feelings are contagious, everyone had fun. I'm not surprised they got numbers. Kudos guys this is awesome and a great example.
Bullseye, sir. Communication is only a small % verbal. The majority is non-verbal (facial expression, tone, stature, etc.). The way you're standing, where you put your arms, the way you lean, eye contact, occasional touching (playful hitting, hugging), being well groomed, wearing clothing that fits, demonstrating high social value/confidence, etc. etc. The fact that they were spouting Starcraft was only a 'flavor' of flirting; it had little to anything to do with their success rate (might've even been a plus for Koreans!)

I kept scanning the videos for these cues and got green lights for almost everything. The white-guy was slightly more awkward, but the other two were spot on; they're either natural born or people who've studied 'the material'. The girls were giving all the positive cues (acceptance) too. Brushing the hair involuntarily, laughing, leaning forward, etc.

>_> (yes, I study the material, I'm sad like that). But honestly, it's too bad I don't have the guts to actually practice what's written. I'm not exactly an exciting guy...I have too few interests and hobbies, and have generally low energy so I can't keep things going (sustenance). The art of attraction is easy in theory (you do have to practice though, don't be lazy!)...sustaining things past the first 15 minutes, ouch. I fail so hard it's not even funny...

I'm probably better off with a low-energy girl who isn't high-maintenance. Either that or I'm going to have to start pumping B vitamins...

oreopizza47

May 2, 2010
That was almost embarrassing... for me, because I could never get that many numbers. My only mental solace is "Most of those had to have been fake numbers."

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Somebody got some girls number using Starcraft? What evil powers of does he posses?! Did somebody divide by zero?!

And at 0:33 i couldn't but think "I'm on a horse"

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
A lot of people believed LonelyGirl15 was real too. This video had some good editing.