Gamer Geeks Pick Up Girls With StarCraft Lingo

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Actually, funny story that is sorta relevant to this. A friend of mine really had the hots for this girl named Taryn, not 100% sure on spelling but it was pronounced Terran.
So I turned to him one time after he had been swooning over her and quipped "I bet you want to Zerg rush that Terran." Good times...

anian

Sep 10, 2008
What bothers me is that the part "What are you talking about?" and "My number is..." is always cut out. And what city is that where random people can start talking to you in the middle of the street about something you don't understand and after 5 minutes you give them your phone number?

It's mostly confidence and "don't look creepy or dangerous" vibe. Besides that, and this is a male hetero stand so it could be wrong, but I don't think those guys have trouble with the oppposite sex that much anyway.

Ghored

Mar 15, 2010
Oh man, this was hilarious. Everything from the "Nuclear Launch Detected" to the "Wanna see my Dark Templar tattoo?" was amazing, especially considering how much of it worked.

Elosandi

May 5, 2011
That was hilarious. I would try it myself, but the only girl I ever had any attraction to and I had an ideological conflict eventually; so she wasn't worth the effort anymore.

I can use the "Bad manner" in other situations too though.

The IMBA and Nuclear Launch were painful, but other than that it was great.

Though, I have to say, overlords are terrible at spotting dark templar.

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
Is how cute you are true, or is it just a hallucination?

I saw you, and your looks opened up the wall right into my main.

Me, you, 2vs2. Let's show the world how we play this game.

I know you've tech'd nuke, because your looks blew me away.

I've (sadly) got more.

standokan said:
That Zergrush might just work.
Unless they wall off, it always works.

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
The Red Spy said:
Is how cute you are true, or is it just a hallucination?

I saw you, and your looks opened up the wall right into my main.

Me, you, 2vs2. Let's show the world how we play this game.

I know you've tech'd nuke, because your looks blew me away.

I've (sadly) got more.

standokan said:
That Zergrush might just work.
Unless they wall off, it always works.
Yeah but less so if they're protoss. Anywho,

I hope we get closer spawns next time...
You just extended my thermal lance...
I could shoot and scoot with you all day...
Do your eyes have kinetic shells because they just stopped me from getting away...
You can drop on my mineral line anytime...
Do you have a forge because I think you just fast expanded into my heart...
This line is like a 6 pool... cheesy.

That's really all I've got. I think I may have to go take a shower after coming up with such horrible lines though.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
That video was actually hilarious. It doesnt even matter if he got the real numbers or not because he got talking to girls for more than 5 minutes haha! :D

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
...girls give there numbers way to easily... not sure if i want to be happy or afraid for their lives o_O

Callex

Oct 20, 2008
Fun idea, but that was just too cringe-inducing for me to watch all the way through.

Maybe it's a UK thing; someone tries talking to you in the street here and you just put your head down and carry on walking.

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
I'm assuming these girls are underclassmen at a local college, they look about the age and lack the cynicism. Also you hear a lot of geeky/bizarre crap at college and are always looking to meet people of the opposite sex, even if you have to go through a weird friend spouting SC2 quotes.

Also I'm now upset that I've been a TLO fan for so long and never realized his name could be another word for a penis. Clever girl.

DayJ made me do it was classic, I'm going to watch another video and almost certain subscribe.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
StarCraft? Really? Ew...A guy quoting StarCraft to me wouldn't get a second look, I don't care how confident he is.

Now, if someone were to hit on me quoting, say...Legend of Legaia, or some other obscure, older game, I'd probably melt.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Nah, if you moved to Korea even the girls that don't play Starcraft would still beat you at it. Bad idea, imo.