Gamer Geeks Pick Up Girls With StarCraft Lingo

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Aethren said:
The part near the end where the woman in the foreground was adjusting her boobs made me lol.

And the Dark Templar tattoo was pure genius.
I would so use that at E3 or Comicon...

Will Chandler

Oct 5, 2010
If you think this one is funny, go to their page on YouTube. They have one where they use professional wrestling quotes. Golden.

Rubisco

Sep 10, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
This further accentuates my hatred of women if it's real, and of men on the internet if it's not. These guys get to spew off a load of bullshit because they're confident. I, on the other hand, have women rolling their eyes any time I discuss damned near anything I'm interested in, because apparently, I'm not good enough.
They go for it because they can tell it's a joke. Make a girl laugh with you (with not at) and you're half way there. If you start spewing info seriously, without checking if she's interested in it too, she'll think you're into yourself too much and not paying her enough attention.

TL;DR version: We don't want know you, we want you to want to know us and get a feel of who you are at the same time.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
BabyRaptor said:
StarCraft? Really? Ew...A guy quoting StarCraft to me wouldn't get a second look, I don't care how confident he is.

Now, if someone were to hit on me quoting, say...Legend of Legaia, or some other obscure, older game, I'd probably melt.
Well, I may not be like other guys but I know I could hold to you like a Ra Seru. It may not be much but it could be a tornado flame romance, can you think of a better way of clearing the Mist?

Good effort? :p

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I feel sick just watching this. I can't stand watching people trying to pick up girls.

Shio

Jun 4, 2011
RAKtheUndead said:
This further accentuates my hatred of women if it's real, and of men on the internet if it's not. These guys get to spew off a load of bullshit because they're confident. I, on the other hand, have women rolling their eyes any time I discuss damned near anything I'm interested in, because apparently, I'm not good enough.
You hate women because they roll their eyes when you approach them and discuss something they don't like in a serious fashion (as opposed to the overtly joking manner used in the video)? I gotta tell ya, I'd roll my eyes if a girl or guy tried hitting on me by delving into their hobby before even asking me if I enjoy it. That's hardly a way to make a friend of someone.

It's kinda like walking into a room, farting and blaming everyone for walking out. People tend to not like stuff like that.

I think you hate your inability to pick up members of the opposite sex for dates. Disliking a gender is just sexist and inane. As to your supposed hatred of men - that comes off as jealousy. See, when we are jealous of something or someone, we reflect that upon ourselves and perceive it as an inadequacy. For example: if someone is really good at socializing and relationships and I am horrible at the former and have no experience in the latter, I could be jealous of them and consider myself inferior. No one wants to think of themselves as weak, stupid, awkward or straight up inferior. So, what do we do? We blame the others. Why hate ourselves and consider our own personal issues and anxieties when we can drag others down and pretend it is they who have the problem? Ultimately this fails its purpose, however, as those we are jealous of continue down the path we would seek to tread on (be it success, wealth, fame, relationships - whatever) and we continue to stubbornly refuse to acknowledge our issues and thus sink further into them, creating victims of ourselves and further reaffirming our perceived inadequacies. It's quite a viscous cycle!

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Flishiz said:
Good for them for trying a challenge! I haven't found picking up girls particularly difficult as of late so I'll probably do well to add a little spice to the routine.

Incidentally I once did date a South Korean girl. She really complained to me one day that she was feeling down because she could only play as many as three AI players against her at once in Starcraft. I guess stereotypes get it right sometimes...
tell her to try 7 cheating tech nuke ai's in supcom if she wants a real challenge!

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
poiumty said:
Good god this was so awful, I couldn't even watch all of it.

Seriously. This makes gamers look bad.
It makes the girls who handed over their numbers look even worse, IMO.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
chickenlord said:
...girls give there numbers way to easily... not sure if i want to be happy or afraid for their lives o_O
"We're making a comedy show. Can you pretend to give me your number? Kthx."

chickenlord

May 14, 2008
Danceofmasks said:
chickenlord said:
...girls give there numbers way to easily... not sure if i want to be happy or afraid for their lives o_O
"We're making a comedy show. Can you pretend to give me your number? Kthx."
i had faith in the legitimacy of the video... if they did what you said... thenv whats the point of the experiment

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
I'm surprised I didn't notice the chick in black was adjusting her boobs the first time I saw it.

Awesome video, but it's probably more about how they delivered the lines than what they actually said.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Shio said:
No one wants to think of themselves as weak, stupid, awkward or straight up inferior.
You say this as if I don't hate myself and think of myself as a weak, awkward, stupid idiot. I do, and it hurts like hell. The thing is, if I could somehow be made asexual, I wouldn't have these issues with as much intensity. But no, I have to deal with this fucking load of bullshit about how I'm inferior because I can't get a date.
'Stupid idiots' don't get into Universities.

erztez

Oct 16, 2009
similar.squirrel said:
'Stupid idiots' don't get into Universities [citation needed].
there ya go...
Trust me, there are many, MANY imbeciles attending many, MANY universities around the globe as I type this.
Hell, there are idiots TEACHING there...

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Nearly all of those were incredibly painful. But this one was just genius:

"Hey, I was scouting the area to reveal more of the map when I noticed you guys and wanted to say hi."

I mean, come on. That is just made of win. If I ever have occasion to use a pick-up line in jest, this is definitely one of the top candidates.

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
kurupt87 said:
That was painful. Absurd lines on top of my British aversion to the very idea of bluntly flirting without the aid of alcohol and a designated social clime (eg bar/club).

Couldn't watch it.
They would totally bomb in Asia. I don't think you're even allowed to flirt with someone you don't already know.