Gamer Girl Jayd3Fox Bullied off web by Feminist

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Edit: Ok it's not showing the right video anymore for some reason just follow the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhV4BDjP0-M&list=UUl56A_cZILmf9NMwbn2Sg7g

How much you want to bet Journalist will ignore this completely and try to sweep it under the rung because you know this act of harassment wasn't committed by a man?

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Oh, so this girl isn't over reacting, but anita and zoe are because... why? This is still horrible, but it isn't any less horrible when feminists on the other side get threats and slut shaming too. It's still not cool no matter who does it. I don't like radical feminists either, and anita and zoe are NOT. I don't see them calling for mass castration or some shit like that. And again, this is horrible. But not because she got harassed by a feminist, but because she got harassed by a shit head. Doesn't matter the gender, they're still shitheads.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
What's with all the sudden feminism/Zoe/Anita/SJW threads popping up all over the game discussion section?, it's hardly talk about games themselves tbh and it's just flooding and burying actual game topics in general, there is an off topic section to discuss people or people no one knows about.

Trying not to sound mean but I'm really getting tired of feminism/zoe/anita/SJW stuff jamming up the gaming section.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I do think it's kind of funny that there's currently a ten page thread accusing Anita Sarkeesian of faking threats but because this girl agrees with you, it must be true.

I don't doubt that she was on the receiving end of harassment, it's just an odd observation.

Wasn't someone criticising The Escapist for not scrutinising sources because the article related to harassment?

I think there's a thread about that around here somewhere...

I'm also just going to ignore the tinfoil hat stuff at the end of the OP.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
Colour Scientist said:
I do think it's kind of funny that there's currently a ten page thread accusing Anita Sarkeesian of faking threats but because this girl agrees with you, it must be true.

I don't doubt that she was on the receiving end of harassment, it's just an odd observation.

Wasn't someone criticising The Escapist for not scrutinising sources because the article related to harassment?

I think there's a thread about that around here somewhere...

I'm also just going to ignore the tinfoil hat stuff at the end of the OP.
When the victim is on your side, that instantly makes them 100% right!

Although, actually, I find this sort of behavior reproachful in a way. The OP is pointing towards the victim and holding them up as an example of how terrible gaming journalism and feminism are, but they're dehumanizing a victim so that they can use them to make a slant or point out of them. It's mildly disgusting. They don't talk about the victim. They don't give us an explanation of what has happened. They don't express any sympathy whatsoever. They're just playing them like a card they just drew from the top of the deck with hopes that they can further their own agenda and win the game. To me, that's just as bad as those harassing her because they care as little about her as the harassers do.

Edit: Sorry. Improper pronoun that might have lead to confusion.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Racecarlock said:
Oh, so this girl isn't over reacting, but anita and zoe are because... why? This is still horrible, but it isn't any less horrible when feminists on the other side get threats and slut shaming too. It's still not cool no matter who does it. I don't like radical feminists either, and anita and zoe are NOT. I don't see them calling for mass castration or some shit like that. And again, this is horrible. But not because she got harassed by a feminist, but because she got harassed by a shit head. Doesn't matter the gender, they're still shitheads.
Because this girl isn't asking for money or attention right afterwords in fact just the opposite she's basically telling everyone to F off and leave her alone.

Not to mention this harassment isn't just some fake account random on twitter spewing idiotic twilight fantasy that anyone could send, they phoned her house if you honestly cannot see the difference between this and the Anita Sarkeesian twitter scandal that's just sad man.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Shadow-Phoenix said:
What's with all the sudden feminism/Zoe/Anita/SJW threads popping up all over the game discussion section?, it's hardly talk about games themselves tbh and it's just flooding and burying actual game topics in general, there is an off topic section to discuss people or people no one knows about.

Trying not to sound mean but I'm really getting tired of feminism/zoe/anita/SJW stuff jamming up the gaming section.
4chan and reddit users who wanted to talk about Zoe Quinn couldn't because everyone shut down the conversation. The Escapist was the remaining place that allowed conversation, so a bunch of those people made accounts and joined. They stayed. Joy.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
TheIceQueen said:
The OP is pointing towards the victim and holding them up as an example of how terrible gaming journalism and feminism are, but they're dehumanizing a victim so that they can use them to make a slant or point out of them. It's mildly disgusting. They don't talk about the victim. They don't give us an explanation of what has happened. They don't express any sympathy whatsoever. They're just playing them like a card they just drew from the top of the deck with hopes that they can further their own agenda and win the game. To me, that's just as bad as those harassing her because they care as little about her as the harassers do.
The OP is pointing out the hypocrisy of the who thing in as few words as possible. When Anita Sarkeesian gets some random threats on twitter that anyone with a internet connection could send article after article is made in less than 24h, when SJW literately track down this girl and phone her IRL silence. And even mentioning this must be some kind of sick ploy of dehumanizing a victim and SJW have not and would not do anything like that (sarcasm )

You're right it is sick, but not in the scene you're thinking. It's sick people are trying to flip this around to avoid the main issue and push it under the rug. When SJW and Feminist go batshit crazy with things like this they're general concerned, when it happens on the other side were just playing a card out of the hat.... Get Real that's hypocrisy if I ever seen it.

I enjoyed this girls videos they made me laugh and it's a sad day when you can't even make comical joke in good fun without getting tracked down and personally harassed. This is as much of a defense of comedy as it is gaming and I'll be damned if were going to censor either just to appease Feminist and SJW.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
disgruntledgamer said:
TheIceQueen said:
The OP is pointing towards the victim and holding them up as an example of how terrible gaming journalism and feminism are, but they're dehumanizing a victim so that they can use them to make a slant or point out of them. It's mildly disgusting. They don't talk about the victim. They don't give us an explanation of what has happened. They don't express any sympathy whatsoever. They're just playing them like a card they just drew from the top of the deck with hopes that they can further their own agenda and win the game. To me, that's just as bad as those harassing her because they care as little about her as the harassers do.
The OP is pointing out the hypocrisy of the who thing in as few words as possible. When Anita Sarkeesian gets some random threats on twitter that anyone with a internet connection could send article after article is made in less than 24h, when SJW literately track down this girl and phone her IRL silence. And even mentioning this must be some kind of sick ploy of dehumanizing a victim and SJW have not and would not do anything like that (sarcasm )

You're right it is sick, but not in the scene you're thinking. It's sick people are trying to flip this around to avoid the main issue and push it under the rug. When SJW and Feminist go batshit crazy with things like this they're general concerned, when it happens on the other side were just playing a card out of the hat.... Get Real that's hypocrisy if I ever seen it.

I enjoyed this girls videos they made me laugh and it's a sad day when you can't even make comical joke in good fun without getting tracked down and personally harassed. This is as much of a defense of comedy as it is gaming and I'll be damned if were going to censor either just to appease Feminist and SJW.
"In as few words as possible." Clearly, you do not know how to make a constructive opening post, then. A constructive opening post that is conducive to discussion tells us everything we need to know in as many words possible. It gives us all the context of the situation from start to finish. Furthermore, when there's a victim involved, plenty of sympathy is expressed towards the victim's position.

I do think it's terrible that this girl is being harassed. I think it's just as terrible that the OP sacrifices both context and sympathy to give us a stupid snarky line about double standards. I think it's as terrible as the side you're currently whining about. I think all of you are reprehensible. To all of you, it's simply a race to play as many cards as possible and get the trump card. You and the feminazis that are bitched about, it's all just one big agenda to push and, quite frankly, I'm sick of it. You make me care even less than I already did before about this entire situation (not Jayd3Fox, mind you. The "Quinnspiracy.").

However, my heart goes out to the harassed girl. I hope that she'll be alright and that she can return and will not face further harassment.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
TheIceQueen said:
"In as few words as possible." Clearly, you do not know how to make a constructive opening post, then. (snip)

To all of you, it's simply a race to play as many cards as possible and get the trump card. You and the feminazis that are bitched about, it's all just one big agenda to push and, quite frankly, I'm sick of it. You make me care even less than I already did before about this entire situation (not Jayd3Fox, mind you. The "Quinnspiracy.").
So now you're just attacking my writing ability? Nice. Sorry my profession is not journalism; sorry again I miss spoke I meant professional blogger. This is a thread, I didn't know I had to be 100% political correct, was being graded and reviewed. I have a hard enough time making sure my grammar and spellings down pat.

Tell me did you speak up against SJW/feminist about Anita and Zoe just playing a card out of the hat or is this enlightenment just for me?

I made this post because I'm pissed off and did actually enjoy her videos. I would of made and did make similar threads when Thunderfoot was harassed by Radical Muslims. If you cannot accept that that's on you.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
Well, if it is true, i can have sympathy for this person, however, I really disliked their most viewed video on their channel that you can find here:
I realize that most of it was a "joke" for that side of the fence where IA and Mundane Matt and TF reside and it doesn't really reach me, but once again it is brought up that Zoe manipulated people for her agenda BS. Also, if you can't see in the video, she calls herself a slut in the "for serious" ending so I'm wondering why exactly she would get so emotionally wrecked about someone saying it to her instead of solely focusing on her own personal harassment. i'll assume that this woman saying this is genuine in her concerns and her harassment. I'll acknowledge people do FUS on both sides, but I still don't like her, both videos make me feel that way. There's way too many problems I have with any person using feminazi as a serious term to describe anyone, along with not giving Zoe any benefit of the doubt and blaming her too and saying she wasn't harassed and it's all fake when she has equal evidence so far and also told people to kill themselves. Granted, all of this was said in a state of emotional distress, but it doesn't mean I still have to excuse poor behavior of a person that had a perfect opportunity to learn the simple life lessons of humility and empathy from her experience instead of blame people in similar circumstances.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
disgruntledgamer said:
Racecarlock said:
Because this girl isn't asking for money or attention right afterwords in fact just the opposite she's basically telling everyone to F off and leave her alone.

Not to mention this harassment isn't just some fake account random on twitter spewing idiotic twilight fantasy that anyone could send, they phoned her house if you honestly cannot see the difference between this and the Anita Sarkeesian twitter scandal that's just sad man.
Again with the accusations of fakeness. Not to mention you don't seem to be investigating this case nearly as hard, even though both cases are equally as bad.

Why am I never supposed to trust sarkeesian or quinn but I am supposed to trust this random girl you searched for online completely?

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
disgruntledgamer said:
TheIceQueen said:
"In as few words as possible." Clearly, you do not know how to make a constructive opening post, then. (snip)

To all of you, it's simply a race to play as many cards as possible and get the trump card. You and the feminazis that are bitched about, it's all just one big agenda to push and, quite frankly, I'm sick of it. You make me care even less than I already did before about this entire situation (not Jayd3Fox, mind you. The "Quinnspiracy.").
So now you're just attacking my writing ability? Nice. Sorry my profession is not journalism, sorry I miss spoke I meant professional blogger, this is a tread I didn't know I had to be 100% political correct, was being graded and reviewed.

Tell me did you speak up against SJW/feminist about Anita and Zoe just playing a card out of the hat or is this enlightenment just for me?

I made this post because I'm pissed off and did actually enjoy her videos. I would of made and did make similar threads when Thunderfoot was harassed by Radical Muslims. If you cannot accept that that's on you.
Criticizing your writing ability, but attacking your intentions. Your writing ability certainly is lacking. You clearly don't know how to construct a proper opening post. Which is why I gave you criticism on what a proper opening post should be like. It gives the context of the situation from start to finish and includes as many details as possible so that everyone in the thread can make as much of an informed opinion as possible on what you give them so that you don't burden them by making them do research outside of the thread (which is costly time wise and will just lead to people not wanting to discuss). Then, if there's a victim involved, you give them plenty of focus and sympathy towards them. You know who doesn't do that? Fox News. Don't be like Fox News. Give proper respect to the victim. Jayd3Fox deserves that and more from you if you really are supporting her and she deserves even more than that if you're going to make a point out of her, too.

What I am attacking is your intentions. While your writing ability and post construction is novice, that's forgivable. However, a snarky one-liner clearly shows your intentions of why you brought this to our attention. You didn't do it for her sake. You did it for your agenda's sake. Yes, I find Anita and Zoe to be bad. I haven't paid any attention to her Tropes vs. Women because I thought it was just a scam and plea for attention and Zoe is clearly hypocrisy incarnate, given her views on cheating and then going on to cheat. But, really, I've no contact with them. They're not on any of my forums. There's no way I can really call them out on it and feel like it'll matter. I certainly don't care enough to go on Twitter (which is the most anti-discussion place on the internet) or Facebook or wherever. So, I ignore her and her hypocrisy. Yours, I can't ignore. You bring it right to the forums where I can call it out and it even has a touch of lacking in self-awareness because you're doing the same thing as the side that you are against.

Riotguards

Feb 1, 2013
first, it seems sketchy that she go from an unknown youtuber to someone slightly less unknown and i will have to take it with a pitch of salt

secondly this isn't "rare" well renowned Utubers whom are vocal against feminist recieve hundreds of hate mail from feminist and it wouldn't surpise me if they did call someone who is obviously not on their side a "slut"

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Question. Do you care at all about the suffering this woman had to go through, or is she just a cut out you can use to prove a point?

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Racecarlock said:
Why am I never supposed to trust sarkeesian or quinn but I am supposed to trust this random girl you searched for online completely?
Because Sarkeesian and Quinn have been caught red handed lying multiple of times and continue to do so shamelessly. Hell Quinn has even lied about being harassed and doxxed herself and a charity for women in order to make a profit.

This girl has not anything of the sort that I know of. I don't trust Sarkeesian and Quinn under the reasoning "Fool me once shame on you fool me XTimes shame on me"

TheIceQueen said:
Criticizing your writing ability, Your writing ability certainly is lacking. You clearly don't know how to construct a proper opening post. Which is why I gave you criticism on what a proper opening post should be like. It gives the context of the situation from start to finish and includes as many details as possible so that everyone in the thread can make as much of an informed opinion as possible on what you give them so that you don't burden them by making them do research outside of the thread (which is costly time wise and will just lead to people not wanting to discuss).
So do you criticize everyone's writing ability or once again is this enlightenment just for me? I've already stated I'm not a professional writer by any means of the stretch. Attacking me in this way and to this extent just shows how little you have to go on, and discredits your own argument. You can keep your criticisms about my writing ability to yourself because I really don't care.

TheIceQueen said:
What I am attacking is your intentions. (bla bla bla You didn't address the question) So, I ignore her and her hypocrisy. Yours, I can't ignore. You bring it right to the forums where I can call it out and it even has a touch of lacking in self-awareness because you're doing the same thing as the side that you are against.
So in other words this enlightenment about just playing a card out of the hat is just for me. Gotcha. There are other threads in these forums about Zoe and Anita in your face and I'm willing to bet you only acquired this enlightenment for my post, not to mention no one forced you to click on it you could ignore it as easy as you could Anita Sarkeesian videos which are also floating around these threads.

My Agenda??? You have to be kidding I have nothing to gain from this and it's not like this post is going to open eyes and start a revolution or change anything in the slightest, if it moves the needle a micrometer I'll be amazed it's a means for me to vent nothing more.

You can question my "intentions" all you like and even if you were 100% correct your own hypocrisy is written all over it regardless, and anyone with a ounce of common scene can see that.

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
disgruntledgamer said:
Racecarlock said:
Because Sarkeesian and Quinn have been caught red handed lying multiple of times and continue to do so shamelessly. Hell Quinn has even lied about being harassed and doxxed herself and a charity for women in order to make a profit.

This girl has not anything of the sort that I know of. I don't trust Sarkeesian and Quinn under the reasoning "Fool me once shame on you fool me XTimes shame on me"

TheIceQueen said:
Criticizing your writing ability, Your writing ability certainly is lacking. You clearly don't know how to construct a proper opening post. Which is why I gave you criticism on what a proper opening post should be like. It gives the context of the situation from start to finish and includes as many details as possible so that everyone in the thread can make as much of an informed opinion as possible on what you give them so that you don't burden them by making them do research outside of the thread (which is costly time wise and will just lead to people not wanting to discuss).
So do you criticize everyone's writing ability or once again is this enlightenment just for me? I've already stated I'm not a professional writer by any means of the stretch. Attacking me in this way and to this extent just shows how little you have to go on, and discredits your own argument. You can keep your criticisms about my writing ability to yourself because I really don't care.

TheIceQueen said:
What I am attacking is your intentions. (bla bla bla You didn't address the question) So, I ignore her and her hypocrisy. Yours, I can't ignore. You bring it right to the forums where I can call it out and it even has a touch of lacking in self-awareness because you're doing the same thing as the side that you are against.
So in other words this enlightenment about just playing a card out of the hat is just for me. Gotcha. There are other threads in these forums about Zoe and Anita in your face and I'm willing to bet you only acquired this enlightenment for my post, not to mention no one forced you to click on it you could ignore it as easy as you could Anita Sarkeesian videos which are also floating around these threads.

My Agenda??? You have to be kidding I have nothing to gain from this and it's not like this post is going to open eyes and start a revolution or change anything in the slightest, if it moves the needle a micrometer I'll be amazed it's a means for me to vent nothing more.

You can question my "intentions" all you like and even if you were 100% correct your own hypocrisy is written all over it regardless, and anyone with a ounce of common scene can see that.
Actually, I do criticize other people's writing all the time. I'm sure that hakkarin, for example, is quite tired of how much I do it to him (which is nearly every thread). You don't need to be a professional writer either. I'm not a professional writer. However, it's still massively clear you don't know how to construct a good forum post that actually lends itself well to discussion. No explanation. No sympathy for the victim. Just a video posted and a snarky one-liner with no discussion value whatsoever. It's sloppy and doesn't pay Jayd3Fox the proper respect and sympathy she deserves for how much you supposedly care about her and her plight. Really? Your quip was that important that it needed to overshadow the entire situation?

And you're right. I don't criticize Sarkeesian and Zoe enough, but there's no need to. These forums have been hijacked for over a year now and inundated with their threads (mostly Sarkeesian, as Zoe's wasn't active until recently). It's tiring now. I'm tired of that. There's a million threads dedicated to them and their lies, one of which is the largest on this forum outside of the lame forum games, and everything's already been said.

But there's only one thread dedicated to Jayd3Fox and instead of actually giving some semblance that you cared in the opening post, it was all just for a zinger. You do her and yourself a discredit.