Nov 17, 2008
Saucycardog said:
Snotnarok said:
Saucycardog said:
Snotnarok said:
Saucycardog said:
Snotnarok said:
Woodsey said:
"I have to admit that even though I wasn't a fan of the game's storyline and cinematics when it came out in March"

That's not really a valid complaint against games like Just Cause.

OT: I've got to try that balloon thing...

Also: "MY NAME IS BOLO-SAN-TOES-EEEE!".
Com-reeed cleanse da fewdth!
FACE THE POWER OF MOTHER RUSSIA!!

*helicopter brings up a tank*
:U Now I gotta ask you, have you ever attached one of your allies cars to a chopper and flown up as high as you can before snapping the cable and jumping out? ...........Then getting in the car before it hits the ground?
I've done that except with another helicopter. I've also tried it with a tank.
Which chopper picks up tanks?
None of them. I found out the hard way.
Oh I see, keyword being tried hahahaha. Yeah I was gonna say, I tried and my chopper just spun around not doing much. The best I got was a...I believe armored truck flying with the cargo plane. It actually flung the plane around too quite a bit.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I bought it from Eidos's own site, they recently had a 75% off sale, and got JC2 for about £7 on PC, and it was essentially the steam version, I got emailed a code which I added to my Steam account, been loving the damn game tho!

D088Y

Apr 16, 2009
So they've been playing it for 25% of the time he has in total work and sleep take up about 64% of their time leaving 11% of their time for everything else their crazy.

Edit: I forgot to include weekends in which they have an extra 16 hours a week and i am also assuming they they work for 8 hours every weekday and sleep for 8 hours every day it is not exact maths just an estimate.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
The thing I love most about JC2 is the stunt jumps and hooking chasing cars to various things, causing them to slingshot off the road and such. Oh and hooking a cop to a following cop car, making his buddies drag-kill him :D

The story/cinematics were shit aye, not that the game is about them, but still. The biggest problem I had were the cops. I hate that system. I'd love the old GTA style system where they chase you relentlessly and don't stop until you get to a safe point or sth. Would just love to have a pile of cars chasing me so I can slingshot them and such for longer than half a minute, somehow I end up losing all the cops that are after me way too fast :(

You know that one of the first missions where you save the guy's ass by him driving the car and you taking care of bad guys from the rooftop? Seriously, game needs a LOT more of that, that was by far the funnest part for me, hated it being impossible to find someone to just drive me around competently.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
This makes me want to watch the Zero Punctuation episode again.
so far as the game goes I really enjoyed the demo when I played it, but I didn't really feel like buying it. If/when Steam has it on special for a crazy good price I might buy it then.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
This game is fun for the first hour, but then you see it for what it is - just an ambitious but generic and flimsy third person shooter.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
dududf said:
Something I've always looked down upon from just cause 1 to 2 is that Just Cause 1s ending was more bad ass XD

Go in a jet, fly and shoot down some nukes, intercept the presidential plane. Then kill all the body guards inside, go to the president, he jumps out of the plane, sky dive after him, catch up, and throw a semtex package on his ass and make him rain down little pieces every where.

I always thought JC2 let me down a bit in that regard.
I too loved the first games ending, I mean you actually jump out of one plane, and land on another. Thats awesome. But you gotta admit, fighting the president while riding a group of nuclear bombs is also good. I would have proffered it if you tied him to the outside of a jet, leaving him hanging next to the engine which burns him slowly, and then let him and the airplane fall into an erupting volcano. And then you say something corny like "Toasty!" or "Go with the flow" as lava pours out or "He has that burning sensation" or "Justice served piping hot" or "Panau to the people, baby" or many, many others. Still I guess if the ending was too good it might breach recent excellence laws that permit modern mainstream games from being a certain level of fun, that level being "Any more than is worth buying the game for."

Larsirius

May 26, 2010
Pretty amazing numbers until you head over to Bungie.net and see that more than 5.900 years have been spent in Halo Reach during the first week alone.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I'd be flabbergasted by the astounding size of these figures if I weren't so thoroughly grounded in the concepts of scale and scope.

What a bunch of meaningless dumb numbers.

Sorry if that's a bit blunt, but I've had a really bad run of it lately trying to explain to people why isolated incidents shouldn't paint decisively negative pictures of millions (or billions) of people.