Gamers Play Halo: Reach for Thousands of Years

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Maybe it's me having never looked at stats like this, but I nearly shit myself when I saw these numbers. In only a week no doubt.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
The Rockerfly said:
Just got off playing 2 hours and knowing how popular Halo is and how amazing Reach is, good for them. I'm glad people are starting to pay attention to games that aren't just Modern Warfare 2
Problem is, MW2 players still camp with a DMR (even in non-SWAT modes), which makes no f**king sense. I mean sword or shotgun would make sense if you're just anting a funny cheap kill, but a DMR?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I've contributed very little to that total. I'd estimate it to be roughly zero hours and zero minutes, give or take 12 seconds (gotta account for the margin of error). It's very difficult to play this game when you don't own a copy of the game, or a 360, or know anyone who does.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Yawn. So what else is new?
A popular game franchise has the most players online at launch? WHO'D THUNK IT??

Remember kids: The shelf-life of a game is now an exponential decay. Very few games retain a strong price even after a year. Fewer still are sold new.

You're meant to pick the game up and enjoy it for 3 weeks. Then either return it, or move on.
Multiplayer can stretch that number out for a bit, but unless you're addicted to it, chances are that you will stop playing once the fad dies down or the novelty wears off.

May 5, 2010
I'm probably responsible for....None of that. Because I have yet to connect my Xbox to the internet since I moved into my dorm, so they'd have no way of counting my play-time.....Right?

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Meh whatever in a month or two it will be an old hat. Xbox Live gamers are an extremely fickle bunch and will move on to the next best thing the day it launches.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Megacherv said:
Problem is, MW2 players still camp with a DMR (even in non-SWAT modes), which makes no f**king sense. I mean sword or shotgun would make sense if you're just anting a funny cheap kill, but a DMR?
Oh God I know what you mean, it must be the most boring way to play Halo. Trying to get that one pixel of your opponents body with the most realistic gun and it's not killing them but it just means they can't shoot from a certain position

It's annoying, boring and just doesn't make any sense, maybe on zealot assault but anything else and it's just ruining the fun for everyone, including themselves.

Ah well, chances are they will go back to Modern Warfare 2 and will keep raging over players who like to have fun, rather then get a petty kill

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath said:
Wow. This just shows the massive number of Halo Fans.

I would play it, but I'm Poor and Irish, (COOKIE FOR REFERENCE) and I don't have a xBox, or a console for that matter, expect a PC.
TF2, nom.

Also, I looooove your avvy, freddiew's Aimbot video.

Also, compare that with time spent on WoW. With the thousands (or maybe ten thousands) shut-in's who do nothing but play it every day, all day, I bet that WoW get's that many years in a weekend.

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'll be adding a large number of hours when I try to solo Legendary this week for the achievement.

I'm doomed.
Im almost done with it and lemmie give ya some good advice.
- Grunt birthday party lightens the mood.
- Never underestimate the Plasma Pistol, not in enemy hands nor your own.
- Against anything unshielded... Needler Rifle.

- And! If the elite is white or golden... Don't waste your plasma grenades, they wont kill em.. Neither will a laser -_-

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
I must admit to some curiosity to just how long WoW would have been played in comparison. Millions of years? :eek:

Still, kinda funny when you look at it like that.

TheLiham

Apr 15, 2010
DazBurger said:

- And! If the elite is white or golden... Don't waist your plasma grenades, they wont kill em.. Neither will a laser -_-
These must be the 4 tenets of Reach

Needle rifle ftw

DazBurger

May 22, 2009
TheLiham said:
DazBurger said:

- And! If the elite is white or golden... Don't waste your plasma grenades, they wont kill em.. Neither will a laser -_-
These must be the 4 tenets of Reach

Needle rifle ftw
That is truly an epic gun. 3 shots and they are out... Unless shielded... Then you are just wasting ammo.