Gamers Rage About Bayonetta 2 on Wii U

VinLAURiA

Dec 25, 2008
CharrHearted said:
I wouldn't mind it, but it's the controller that bugs me, how can you control a DMC style game on a large hand cramping tablet?
How the hell do people think the GamePad is gonna cramp your hands when monstrosities like the 360 controller exist? GamePad may be large, but at least it's not a bulky-as-@#$! bar of soap.

And while I'm at it: Treblaine is a dolt. Seriously, who uses the term "foolish" in serious conversation these days? What are you, Franziska von Karma? Oh wait, Nintendo systems are nothing but gimmicks (AN INHERENTLY EVIL THING AAAAARGH) that you'd never play so you wouldn't get that reference. My bad.

And people wonder why I use the term "Yahtzee-wannabe" around these parts. When will people realize that I'm always right?

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
There are Baynonetta fans? Really?
I'm finding that hard to believe, I played the game once at Best Buy and that was plenty enough for me, it was, to put it lightly, absolutely horrible in my opinion.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
cidbahamut said:
Hardcore game becomes exclusive to a casual console and gamers become upset.

"We never saw it coming."
Said absolutely no one ever.
"I know right? Freakin' Konami, thinking that the Playstation 1 could ever compete with the Nintendo 64! Metal Gear Solid is simply gonna fail because it won't be as hardcore as Metal Gear wa- Oh wait..."

Yeah, this isn't the first time of this situation happening, but it is something special still. I can understand why people would like Bayonetta 2 on other Consoles, but they'll all (Or most of them will) get over it and eventually buy a WiiU, not just for B2, but for everything else the WiiU Will get (Or they'll just watch the Let's Plays).

gigastar said:
Ive resigned myself to getting a Wii U as soon as i heard that a Monster Hunter game was coming to it. One thats getting out of Japan, that is.

And my chief reservations for Bayonetta 2 has nothing to do with exclusivity, it has to do with the possibility of the game being undercut by Nintendo's family-friendly policies and the inclusion of potentially unreliable controls in a fast-paced reaction-intensive and (if the first game is anything to go on) fiendishly hard hack and slash.

Anyway heres a helpful video.

Actually, Nintendo rarely intervenes in the process of other companies making games. One famous example is "Conker's Bad Fur Day". This game came out for the N64, then again for the XBox. Now, here's a side by side comparison of one scene:

Notice how the XBox Version censors out words. That wasn't Rare's decision, that was Microsoft. Meanwhile, when they were working with Nintendo, Nintendo might have thrown a suggestion or two, but all decisions were left to Rare. That's why CBFD on N64 only censors the F word, while Microsoft's version pretty much censors every naughty word imaginable.

I bet Bayonetta 2 will go through uncensored. It would be stupid for Nintendo to censor any of it, and that's not the usual company policy.
I foresee them doing a "blood code" kind of thing like way back in the day with Mortal Kombat. Leaving the ability to see the developer's intended vision an option but providing a censor which could be turned off.

OT: You could change Gamers rage about Bayonetta two to Gamers Rage period. There is nothing we seem to not ***** about.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
him over there said:
I foresee them doing a "blood code" kind of thing like way back in the day with Mortal Kombat. Leaving the ability to see the developer's intended vision an option but providing a censor which could be turned off.

OT: You could change Gamers rage about Bayonetta two to Gamers Rage period. There is nothing we seem to not ***** about.
Nah. Nintendo only censored (Contrary to Popular Belief, the SNES MK did not have any blood in it. The Genesis version did) the blood on Mortal Kombat because of 2 reasons:

1) Midway was advertising the game towards Children.

2) There were no Ratings in place.

Now that the Rating System of ESRB is in place, and since Platinum won't be stupid enough to aim for kids, they won't censor or force a code on it. This was proven with MKII, where the SNES version had all the Blood it's arcade counterpart had (While the Genesis actually had to get rid off all of it's blood).

Plus, like I said, games like "Madworld" and "No More Heroes" had no censors of Codes you had to enter in to get the dirty stuff. They were completely uncensored as the creators had chosen. I'm certain Bayonetta 2 will stay completely untouched by Nintendo.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
GAunderrated said:
It's strange but I never seem to find this "rage" the escapist always reports unless its in this very website. Wonder why.....
It's a lot like when the tabloids report "widespread anger" at a random (and usually highly boring) government proposal. What they mean is "one guy wrote a badly-spelled email to our editor". Slow news days are hard on all forms of journalism. You need to find something to report on, even when nothing of note has actually happened.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
him over there said:

Nah. Nintendo only censored (Contrary to Popular Belief, the SNES MK did not have any blood in it. The Genesis version did) the blood on Mortal Kombat because of 2 reasons:

1) Midway was advertising the game towards Children.

2) There were no Ratings in place.

Now that the Rating System of ESRB is in place, and since Platinum won't be stupid enough to aim for kids, they won't censor or force a code on it. This was proven with MKII, where the SNES version had all the Blood it's arcade counterpart had (While the Genesis actually had to get rid off all of it's blood).

Plus, like I said, games like "Madworld" and "No More Heroes" had no censors of Codes you had to enter in to get the dirty stuff. They were completely uncensored as the creators had chosen. I'm certain Bayonetta 2 will stay completely untouched by Nintendo.
Really? I must be remembering wrong and thought that you had to input a code to get the blood for Mortal Kombat. I wasn't trying to say that Nintendo was always trifling with developers though, RareWare's N64 games are pretty clear indicators of that. I just mean with the improvements to console networking and operating systems Nintendo allows you to set parental censors outside of the game. Having their cake and eating it too regarding family friendly marketing and more adult (I refuse to call Bayonetta mature) hardcore titles.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
saleem said:
Really the excuse that you have to buy a new console to play the game is rather pathetic and quite frankly short sighted. If Bayonetta2 was to come out on the next version of the Xbox or PS you'd be in the exact same boat, you will still have to buy a new console.

I guess its safe to be said that morons will be moronic.
Well if a person had a 360 or PS3 with which to play the first Bayonetta then it's safe to assume that they'd be getting the next Xbox or PS3 anyway. Whereas now, if someone who wasn't planning on getting a WiiU wanted to play it, they'd HAVE to get a WiiU.

See the difference?

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
MetalMagpie said:
GAunderrated said:
It's strange but I never seem to find this "rage" the escapist always reports unless its in this very website. Wonder why.....
It's a lot like when the tabloids report "widespread anger" at a random (and usually highly boring) government proposal. What they mean is "one guy wrote a badly-spelled email to our editor". Slow news days are hard on all forms of journalism. You need to find something to report on, even when nothing of note has actually happened.
Well no offense to the escapist but I can't really call it journalism if they embellish the truth in order to have stories. I always thought that journalism was very difficult because you had to go and find an interesting story, not just embellish the truth in order to not have to do the work and call it journalism.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Treblaine said:
Resistive =/= crappy. When you get your hands on the pad and find that it doesn't work, THEN you can say it's crappy. I'll have you know I've had no problem typing on a BAD resistive touch screen (Yinlips YDPG16), so your caps are COMPLETELY unjustified. Knowing Nintendo they're not about to release something that doesn't function, and they no doubt have valid reasons for going in that direction (for starters it keeps costs down - a point you've been bitching about. Secondly they're more durable than capacitive screens, which is great for the kiddies).

In all your ranting, nothing you've said actually counters anything I've said. Your ONLY arguments are:
1) You have to look down - something everybody had to do anyway before they familiarised themselves with the layout (e.g. "Press X, which is X again? Oh yes, I see it"). After some use you'll no longer need to look down to remember where everything is.
2) You have to take your hands off the controls - not necessarily true. I'm sure developers would be smart enough to put most of the "buttons" at the sides of the pad where they can easily be reached by your thumbs. If they don't, that's the developer's fault - not Nintendo (unless they're the ones that do it).

Now, quit hating an open your mind a little. The screen has limitations, yes, but they seem no where near as crippling as you want to pretend they are.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
real question...does anyone take nintendo seriously after the wii and now the wiiU?
answer: of course not, nintendo is showing us in a new non subtle wat that outside of pokemon and a few metroid game, they cant do shit right.

real question: do people honestly give a fuck about beyonetta?
Answer: NOPE.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Jegsimmons said:
real question...does anyone take nintendo seriously after the wii and now the wiiU?
answer: of course not, nintendo is showing us in a new non subtle wat that outside of pokemon and a few metroid game, they cant do shit right.

real question: do people honestly give a fuck about beyonetta?
Answer: NOPE.
1: Yes, people do. I take the WiiU seriously. Yes, I know the Wii Sucks. But I've played with the WiiU, it actually is fun. ZombiU is fun! People need to support games like ZombiU or else the WiiU will end up repeating the Wii.

2: Obviously, if someone wants to punch a dolphin in their crotch because Bayonetta 2 is a WiiU exclusive, although I don't...

SixWingedAsura

Sep 27, 2010
Jesus, I see you Nintendo haters' threads, but all I read is "I HAET NINTENDO! GO AWAY! WHY ARE YOU STILL AROUND!? XBAWKS/PSTHREE 4 LYFE!!!!"

Seriously, the hate on Nintendo is astounding. Why, because it doesn't have Gears of Halo Duty? Because it doesn't have super uber top tier graphics? Who gives a crap about graphics?! I play it for Kirby, for Zelda, for Metroid, and for any other potential awesome IP Nintendo will release. And yeah, you'll all bring up the whole "BUT THEY ALL THE SAME GAME!!1!!111"

Halo. Call of Duty. Gears of War. Yeah, Nintendo only makes the same games over and over again.

I own a PS3, and yes, I like it. But I like Nintendo too, and can't seem to grasp people's obsessive hatred over them. I think the only way these people will be happy is if Nintendo goes bankrupt tomorrow and their I.P.s vanish and never re-appear.

And that'd be a shame.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
GAunderrated said:
MetalMagpie said:
GAunderrated said:
Well no offense to the escapist but I can't really call it journalism if they embellish the truth in order to have stories. I always thought that journalism was very difficult because you had to go and find an interesting story, not just embellish the truth in order to not have to do the work and call it journalism.
I completely agree. Unfortunately, until we're allowed to call tabloid journalists "people who make shit up in order to sell newspapers" then I'd rather apply the word "journalism" to anywhere that reports news, in an attempt to make clear that the word does not imply accuracy or non-bias.

Journalism = Writing about something that has happened (usually recently). You do not need any qualifications for it, and the only standards you will be held to are those demanded by your readers.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
TheKasp said:
Jegsimmons said:
I'd take the Wii over the XBox and PS3 on every occasion because there I can actually play stuff that is not the dumbed down version with shitty controls of games I already have on my platform of choice.
i find your lack of example disturbing.

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
My god why does this article attract such a rediculous amouth of comment? Basically all it says is 'look there, some dumb people are raging like dumb people'.

Sensational crowd rallying clearly does a lot better than actual meaingfull, interesting news.