GamersFirst Acquires APB, Will Relaunch in 2011 as Free to Play MMO

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I just hope that they still do what RW was planning on doing.

If you watch their podcasts they say that they were planning on releasing new stuff that the costumers wanted from time to time, kind of like Valve with TF2

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I hope they are serious about doing some big maintenance on where the game went wrong. I still love the concept of this as an MMO and would like to try it when they release it.
I can see F2P really being a good system for this kind of game.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Glad to know the employees of Realtime Worlds are going to see their money. Its never fun to watch a dev house go under.

Fiend Dragon

Apr 7, 2010
On the one hand, huh.

On the other hand,

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY APB!!!!!

Free To Play definitely sounds like a good direction to go with APB, and the premium accounts for previous buyers is also a great idea. Hopefully they can iron out the problems and show us the game it should have been.

Nukeforyou

Mar 26, 2010
i wonder what will happen to the characters? Sure the money and stuff needs to be wiped but the characters that had hundreds of hours of customization in them would kinda suck 2 lose. I dont think I could re-create my char the way he was :(

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
Awesome, I was genuinely interested in APB but just couldnt get a subscription at the time (unemployed) so this is a great chance to play it... still waiting on that Hellgate:london F2P too...

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Here's what has happened so far, in case you haven't read the article [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_278/8273-The-Rise-and-Fall-of-Realtime-Worlds].
Smooth, Greggy, smooth. I forgive you because that article was excellent (and because my comment on it was posted on the Letters to the Editor).

OT: This whole shebang has made me so curious about ATB that if the new but probably still crappy computer I'll buy come the Christmas bonus can run it at all I'll be on it.