Game's Ending Songs that are beautifully with AND without context

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Final Fantasy 13's.

<youtube=d8qtteb9FBY>

The ending combined with this song's chorus was just beautiful.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Definitely "Odin Sphere". It was the first time I ever didn't want the credits to end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHggndiDzOE

There's even some great bagpipe music at the 2:40 mark.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Gaiseric said:
...and inFamous 2's end music.
<youtube=V_2lcU_dt2E>
ninja'd!

this song is beautiful, works well with the end of inFamous 2, but works equally well if you havn't played the game and don't know what the hell inFamous is about.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Ninja'd by most in this thread. Two lazy to quote all the ninjas, but I don't think

was specifically mentioned yet.

Beautiful as any of Ellen Mclain's electroni-fied singing on its own,

but especially beautiful given the context of the game's ending and, in my opinion
proves that GLaDOS was lying through her "teeth" about deleting her empathy. I mean, she lies about everything else...

Aleol

Mar 20, 2009
Zelda: Wind Waker Has some of my favorite music ever in it, and the themes at the end are no exception:

<youtube=PDR45QMUaqc>
<youtube=7P2HNic7JjI>

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Arontala said:

I haven't even played the game, either. Although, it might be fan-made. I'm still not sure.
This is fan made, I've played all three STALKERS and although the guitar is heard at places, it's not in the ending track.

The end of STALKER Call of Pripyat is however still one of my favorites:

ALso good ones are the already mentioned Mirror's Edge 's Still Alive, Portal's Still Alive (though a bit weird without context) and Starcraft 1 's ending theme Protoss 3.

ninjapenguin1414

Jun 16, 2011
I don't remember if this was played during the beggining or credits but it sure is a awesome song, plus Kingdom Hearts has an awesome soundtrack altogether
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nks5DwT12xI&list=PL5C320DC7AC9A258B&index=3&feature=plpp_video

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Aleol said:
Zelda: Wind Waker Has some of my favorite music ever in it, and the themes at the end are no exception:
Yup, the ending credits music to Wind Waker are definitely my favorite. The game had great music all around though, probably my favorite score in any game really.

On topic: Both of the ending tracks to Demon's Souls are quite good. I personally like the bad ending (First one) better because it is a bit more dramatic, but Demon's Souls in general had a really good soundtrack.

Sep 30, 2010
Any end theme from any Metal Gear Solid game. Although I believe my point has
Soviet Heavy said:
I just love this song.
Infernai said:
Admit it, this song is just something special, even if you havn't played Metal Gear Solid.

Quantum Star said:
So much Metal Gear here but no Heaven's Divide? For shame.

madmurch said:
My choice would be The Best Is Yet To Come from the end of Metal Gear Solid. A hauntingly beautiful piece of music.
I am a big fan of this one:

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
<youtube=ADpCeDf2kEo>

I don't even know what the fuck this game is, but the soundtrack is awesome.

EDIT: Ohh, it says ending. I didn't see that, I've yet to complete Portal 2, but wasn't Exile Villify 'sposed to play at the end of that? If so, I chose that. If not, then fuck you!

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Final fantasy x: pretty much the entire soundtrack.
Half life 2: also nearly the entire soundtrack, especially triage at dawn.
The elder scrolls main themes: they're all similar and all great. (Jeremy Soule woooo!)
A few from the portal and silent hill series.
Adn than there's black mesa source...
If I had to choose wich would come out: the game without the soundtrack, or the soundtrack without the game, I'd want the soundtrack.

Mar 26, 2008
xXxJessicaxXx said:
The use of Space Oddity at the end of Alan Wake. Was ridiculously fitting and of course is a great song on it's own. The music in that game was pretty much quality all round though.

(The mods might not like people just linking videos btw. Pretty sure it's against the rules.)
That was great. One of my favorites, apart from M4 Part II which goes without saying, is "Santa Monica" by Theory of a Deadman that plays at the end of Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophesy).

FriendGuy

Dec 20, 2011
Shadow of the Colossus - Epilogue ~ Those Who Remain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0SsAYEeSj4

That is all...

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Oh yes!!!

I get such shivers when listening to this!!!

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I can't remember if it's the end music, but it is the music that plays for the last boss of the game. I loooove it.

Popeman

Nov 6, 2011
For something just plain ass weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpFFzWPzA2c

Trust me playing the game will not help that make more sense.

Better version or form the same game at least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg4Z00VTP7I&feature=related

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009

Who would've thought this series would have such good credits music?