Game's Ending Songs that are beautifully with AND without context

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
I'll go with the first time I found great music in a video game ending... Megaman on the NES. MM2's was actually very good as well, but my favorite is 3. Song begins :52 in to the vid.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
Alssadar said:
The Madman said:
Oh that's easy:

Easily the best game soundtrack of the year.
Ninja'd D:
But yeah, I dig as well, man.
Well, i like Bastion because its one my 3 favorite indie titles of 2011 (Hyper Princess Pitch and The Binding of Isaac are the other 2)

However, i have the sinking feeling that most of the games presented in this post so far are very recent and others are just very popular over the years. I will keep looking around if there is a unknown gem that needs to be heard off

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
I am going to cheat on this one even if from a technical standpoint it still counts.

Cave Story: Moonsong

Because one of the endings plays this music, i believe it still counts

Jetut

Jun 11, 2010
I think I will remember credits song to Batman: Arkham City for a long time to come.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
I Wonder if i have to make a count or a poll of how many times x game gets mentioned here and in what years they belong to point out what year has more endings musics of this kind.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
- This is pretty much bookmarked in my favorites, and yet nobody has brought it up.
Oh, and here are lyrics if you need them. [http://earthboundcentral.com/2009/01/smiles-tears-lyrics/]

I need to play more games, because this is the only thing I can think of that fits the criteria.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
well mine personally is mass effect, the first one is a longggggg song, but once you get into the decent meat of the song, it gets pretty good i think and really fits the game well:

Agreed. I was thrilled when Bioware used another Faunts song for the ME3 credits.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
lucksi said:
Can't believe nobody mentioned Chrono Cross ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBE3c9X0BoA
Chrono Cross had the best music I've heard in any game. Trigger was pretty great too.