Games Everyone Seems to Care About that You Don't

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Is this just another 'let's be hipster' thread? Methinks yes.
Hypocritically: Halo. I got too used to FPSs where you could kill someone in a split-second, making halo very frustrating for me. So my fault, not the game's.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Top Hat said:
Is this just another 'let's be hipster' thread? Methinks yes.
Hypocritically: Halo. I got too used to FPSs where you could kill someone in a split-second, making halo very frustrating for me. So my fault, not the game's.
Scroll up four comments from yours. You'll see my response to that kind of question.

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
If there is ever a topic that everyone seams to care about all it really means is there are a lot of loud people. It really does not mean everyone.
Example all the gay rights stuff, you had loud for people loud against people and then all the rest of way who gives a crap.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
templar1138a said:
It is no big deal bro. I could never know what your intentions are. So i decided to make a joke about your supposed evil plan.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Gorilla Gunk said:
Mass Effect.

And yes, people never shutting up about it has made me dislike it that much more.
I feel exactly the same. After playing most of the first one, I don't see what the big deal is. Especially the story, it seems pretty shit to me.

I would also say Portal. While their not bad games, people seem to treat them (especially the first one) as the greatest games ever. Their really not.

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
There are some big franchises that don't do it for me (it doesn't mean they are bad - just not for me) - Halo, Assassin's Creed and Tekken.

But I really don't like the single-player modes for the CoD games that came after CoD 4. They just got, well, silly. The multiplayer remains fun but I gave up because it felt like I was going to pay for a full priced game every year just to keep multiplayering along.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
skyrim, tos peaked with morrowind
and pretty much everything Nintendo does, zelda and mario were fine when i was 6 but somehow i like my games more complex now and they deny to go with the program.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
anything by blizzard including diablo 3 and WoW
all halo games
all COD games after COD 4, and all future cod games
Battlefield Bad Company and BC2

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
All big releases ever, all triple a games that have ever touched sunlight, all games that have gained even the slightest bit of popularity, every game that has ever had an advert.
If you have played it I'm not interested.

Now excuse me while I polish my hipster spectacles.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Skyrim, but I'm not a fan of that kind of game in general. I tried Oblivion and that bored me to tears because of its lack of structure.

The only fun I had with Skyrim was with doing things I was not supposed to. I spent more time making sure my food was as green sourced as possible than I was killing the incredibly patient dragons or helping out lazy oblivious NPCs.

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
Off topic: A game I enjoyed playing this year was Mass Effect 3. Later on in the year I suspect I will be playing Halo 4.

On topic: A game I have played and didn't enjoy, which seems to be popular, is Minecraft. Although that game becomes much, much better when playing online with friends.

/Opinion_voiced, relevance_uncertain

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I hate to throw my lot in with the masses on this one, but Half Life.

Played it on TOB. Really wasn't experiencing what everyone else was apparently.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
OH LOOK THIS THREAD AGAIN HA HA HA

sorry....

well I guess when Skyrim came out I was pretty "meh" about it but I'm hardly going to bash others for gushing over a game they love

but you know what pisses me off? (incoming rant)

[i/]waaahhh! my game didnt get a high enough score!!!! it deserves 100%! not 99.99%!!"[/i]

ohhh fuck off, seriously...seriously..fuck off...go back to your fucking little basment and disconect yourslef from the internet forever

why?

1. youre game is already praised...seriously, for every nay sayer there are 10 more people to vailidate your opinion, its fine...your RIGHT

2. just because your precious little fucking game is "Zelda" or an "elder scrolls" or "Mass Effect" or some such shit doesnt elavate it to god like status because of that....brand name does not come with a prerequistite review score....only expectations

3. reveiw scores are skewed and out of whack..YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM

oh wow..I am angry

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Gorilla Gunk said:
Mass Effect.

And yes, people never shutting up about it has made me dislike it that much more.
ha...that was a rather....unique situation

as in went beyond the usual hype

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
Final Fantasy, Street Fighter (absolutely boring fighting series), Uncharted, Assassin's Creed...

All of those games are just...boring to me. And it's not like I'm not a fan of hugely-popular series, either.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Any Call of Duty or its 9001 clones.
Same goes for Halo and its copies as well.

If I play an FPS, I'd like it to do something new, not just rehash the same stories or gameplay elements that have been done and redone several times before. I have no problem with the shooter genre...just that it seems to have become stale. Space marines and World War II or the wars in the Middle East don't have any appeal for me. At least Resistance: Fall of Man brought something new to the WW2 time period along with guns that did more than just pew pew pew enemies to death.

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Diablo 3. I just don't understand how playing the same game over and over at varying difficulties can be considered 'fun'. Sounds like torture to me...

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Hmm... this again. Oh well. Anything non-local multiplayer. Games are fun, Games with my IRL friends are fun. Add another person outside of that and there's an 80% chance that dude will be a dickbag and destroy the fun. So add just one person past that and dickbag status is at 100% and fun is at 0. So ALL MMO*** all are crap. MMO's are just worthless and as worthless as the 80% of their players that are dickbags.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Half-life 2 sucks

Simple as that, there is no "for it's time" when it comes between me and that game, it's boring as fuck.

I can't stand uncharted either.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Being a console gamer first and foremost, I could list off quite a few PC games. It isn't that I don't want to play these games but I really can't. These games include...

Spore
Diablo 3 (although always online sounds like bullshit to me, even if I was a PC gamer)
Quantum Conundrum
Hard Reset
Starcraft 2
Amnesia - The Dark Descent

As for another game series that I should be more into (what with being a console gamer) but really don't care about is Call of Duty. I don't hate the franchise but I just don't see what the draw is. I just bought Modern Warfare one (it was on sale) and the single player isn't appealing to someone like me who likes to kill aliens and, demons. I also resent the NPCs for taking all of my kills.

I don't hate these games and don't really want to boycott them (always online...what bullshit) I just don't care for them. You know what game I really want? Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Bring in Thanos, Guardians of the Galaxy and, whatnot. Or set it in the Ultimate's Universe or something. Or Hell, give Justice League something-or-another another chance. It had huge potential after all.