Games only you seem to like?

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Wasn't there a thread like that already?
It's fairly similar in topic to this thread:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Apart from Jessica, what plot threads did Rev 1 leave dangling? Even then, I can't really call Jessica a plot thread per se, because she's one agent who's procured one virus for some company, this being a world where viruses and BOWs have become a facet of everyday existence.
THe whole betrayal thing, and at least her and two of the other characters working for another secret organization/shadowy BOW group. I can't bother to remember all of their names, but check the trope page.

I don't think Rev 1 & 2 are equivalent in this case though.
Yes, they are. If Capcom didn't bother them back then when they had plenty of opportunity, they would have done so already. With the direction the series is going in, I and most fans doubt that. RE9 will have literally nothing to do with Rev 2, and I highly doubt there's gonna be a Rev 3.

Rev 2, on the other hand, ends with an explicit teaser that Alex is lurking in Natalia, Alex herself already being a plot point from RE5, which in turn spun off from Wesker and Spencer. One of these plot points is dangling heavier than the other.
And it will continue to exist in its own little pocket dimension.

Rev 2, we have Saw-esque horror, RE7 has Chainsaw Massacre-esque horror, Village, far as I can tell, has vampire/werewolf-esque horror.
Rev 2 is basically Saw and Evil Within 1. Shinji Mikami actually did contract work as a producer on that one. RE8 is basically universal horror and hammer productions.

(Also helps that Natalia's a good character and Jessica isn't, but YMMV I guess.)
No disagreement there fella.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

It's a short little game about a heroine who shows up in a foriegn land, helps out the locals, unleashes a demon by accident and eventually helps defeat the demon. It has has a prog rock vibe to it, you play rythem battles with the bosses to a prog rock soundtrack and each time you defeat a boss, you lose a chunk of your life bar for good, so as the game progresses you're getting weaker and weaker(your character is coughing up blood every so often near the end of the game and you die in one hit by the end, but there are so few enemies this isn't a huge problem). And it looks like something made 30 years ago, but everyone speaks in Twitter speak.

It's wierd and odd and I love it.

Apparently I'm the only one because I've never seen anyone talk about it.

Reactions: BrawlMan