Games that are better because of Gltiches

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
I bring this topic up because currently I'm playing Need for Speed Payback which has, two major Glitches, that allow you to by past their terrible micro transaction system. One Glitch allows you to duplicate parts very quickly and another Glitch allows you to get infinite loot boxes, that contain parts and cash. Progression in the game is slowed down because you can't share parts with other cars, their are 5 car classes that you have to have 5 different cars for, and later in the game you need to buy new cars that are faster. Also parts shops have random inventories that update every 10 minutes and each part has random stat bonuses. Their is no consistency that you can depend on and ironically EA's free to play, need for Speed MMO had a better part system. When ever I get a new Car I just clone parts on to the new car, the car almost has maxed stats, their is rubber band A.I which still makes the races competitive.

I love the original versions of Pokemon Red, Blue, Gold AND Silver because they have great glitches. Red and Blue have the Missingo glitch that allows you duplicate any item up to 99, which completely breaks the game but you don't get it until like the 7th or 8th badge. There is also a glitch that allows you to catch any pokemon you want. In Gold and Silver there is Glitch that compelety breaks the game it lets you duplicate pokemon. Many people had a problem with the Third Gym Leader, I just cloned my started pokemon and kicked her ass.

Borderlands 2 has a weapon cloning Glitch which is almost fucking necessary. Borderlands 2 can be a 4 player co op game where you play with random people. When rare loot drops, sometimes a person will horde it, or the host might kick everyone and take the loot for themselves. With Weapon cloning, people are more willing to share even with out doing the glitch.

Anybody know of any Glitches that makes certain games better

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
kilenem said:
I bring this topic up because currently I'm playing Need for Speed Payback which has, two major Glitches, that allow you to by past their terrible micro transaction system. One Glitch allows you to duplicate parts very quickly and another Glitch allows you to get infinite loot boxes, that contain parts and cash. Progression in the game is slowed down because you can't share parts with other cars, their are 5 car classes that you have to have 5 different cars for, and later in the game you need to buy new cars that are faster. Also parts shops have random inventories that update every 10 minutes and each part has random stat bonuses. Their is no consistency that you can depend on and ironically EA's free to play, need for Speed MMO had a better part system. When ever I get a new Car I just clone parts on to the new car, the car almost has maxed stats, their is rubber band A.I which still makes the races competitive.

I love the original versions of Pokemon Red, Blue, Gold AND Silver because they have great glitches. Red and Blue have the Missingo glitch that allows you duplicate any item up to 99, which completely breaks the game but you don't get it until like the 7th or 8th badge. There is also a glitch that allows you to catch any pokemon you want. In Gold and Silver there is Glitch that compelety breaks the game it lets you duplicate pokemon. Many people had a problem with the Third Gym Leader, I just cloned my started pokemon and kicked her ass.

Borderlands 2 has a weapon cloning Glitch which is almost fucking necessary. Borderlands 2 can be a 4 player co op game where you play with random people. When rare loot drops, sometimes a person will horde it, or the host might kick everyone and take the loot for themselves. With Weapon cloning, people are more willing to share even with out doing the glitch.

I do but for very different reasons. I see the practice of cloning or duping as hacks or cheats. I don't complain about that in non-competitive gameplay... but I'm straight-edge legit personally. Yup I'm the "legit" player that Diablo 2 players HATED.

But glitches that makes games better... I'll go with Bethesda, Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Glitches will happen, and when they've happened to me they've been super funny. My Skyrim save with the multiple Louis Letrush glitch... with a dozen of the guys milling around the entrance to Whiterun, priceless. I've never had one halt my progress or that I couldn't workaround with the console commands. They've just always been funny.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
It would be a pretty mundane game otherwise.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Kyrian007 said:
kilenem said:

I do but for very different reasons. I see the practice of cloning or duping as hacks or cheats. I don't complain about that in non-competitive gameplay... but I'm straight-edge legit personally. Yup I'm the "legit" player that Diablo 2 players HATED.

But glitches that makes games better... I'll go with Bethesda, Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Glitches will happen, and when they've happened to me they've been super funny. My Skyrim save with the multiple Louis Letrush glitch... with a dozen of the guys milling around the entrance to Whiterun, priceless. I've never had one halt my progress or that I couldn't workaround with the console commands. They've just always been funny.
Its not a hack until you use Third party software, at least in my book.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Right now I've been playing the HD remaster of the .hack//G.U. trilogy, and I am so thankful that they didn't fix the glitch that lets you cheat at the bike races (you need to collide with three targets within a time limit, and there's a glitch where if you open the map and then close it right before hitting the first one, the game will think you've gotten all three and end the race immediately) in the second and third games.
The time limits to get the first place prizes for these races are absurdly strict, to the point that, even though I've been playing these games since they first came out ten years ago, I have never actually managed to clear them all without this glitch even once.
Sure, the races are technically optional, but they give really good upgrades for your bike, one of which makes grinding for part of a different sidequest a lot easier.
The bike races are honestly a not good part of a good game, but this glitch makes them go by quickly at least.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I've never really taken advantage of glitches in games, but the glitches in Bethesda RPGs can be damn entertaining. One time playing Skyrim I came across a guy stuck in the ground and awkwardly running around in a circle. It was clear he was trying to kill me too because whenever he got close I'd take damage. I just stood watching this guy for several minutes before putting him out of his misery.
Also there's the creepy Fallout 3 glitch with the giblets floating in midair.

Vanilla ISIS

Dec 14, 2015
There was a glitch during the final boss of TMNT 3 for the NES.
If you went to the upper left corner of the arena and the boss went after you and killed you there, he would still be hitting the space where you died even if you respawn.
All you have to do then is go behind him and hit him until he dies.
This didn't work 100% as far as I can remember but 4 out of 5 times, I've managed to do it.

I don't know whether this glitch makes the game "better" but it certainly helps a lot.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Halo 2 online multiplayer was a very special thing to be a part of, and the glitches had a lot to do with that. A lot of the time, instead of playing the actual game, we'd explore the map for secrets. There was a glitch you could do with the energy sword that let you climb any building you want, and there were numerous ways of breaking through the invisible walls that surrounded the maps.

The fact that modern games have so much less potential for this is the main reason my interest in online gaming started to wane around the time Halo Reach came out.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
Old NES game Blaster Master had a glitch on a couple of the tougher bosses where you could toss a grenade and then pause the game. The boss would continue to take damage from the grenade while the game was paused. Sit like that for a minute, unpause, and you killed the boss. Like Vanilla ISIS's glitch, it may not have made the game better, but it was a hell of a lot easier to get past those two bosses. I don't think I ever managed to honestly defeat the second one of them.

Original Mega Man game had a similar glitch for I think the first boss of Dr. Wily's castle. I've always thought of it as a mudmonster cyclops, but it comes in from off screen in pieces, forms together, shoots a beam or something, then piece by piece moves to the other side of the screen. Using the Elec Beam, you can hit it in the eye, pause the game, and it will keep taking damage. A very easy way to get past this boss.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I am amazed that no one has mention Sonic 06 yet. While I've never played the game myself, everyone knows how glitch-riddled it is. In fact, that's probably one of the only reasons that anyone still plays it at all is to see what kind of weird glitches they can get out of it in each run of it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Don?t know if it counts as ?better,? but I know Halo 2?s multiplayer was made a lot more interesting with its myriad map glitches! I spent countless hours in private matches trying to perfect all those nuanced jumps to go off the map and countless more hours getting killed in public lobbies trying to pull them off in actual combat! XD

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Kotaro said:
Right now I've been playing the HD remaster of the .hack//G.U. trilogy, and I am so thankful that they didn't fix the glitch that lets you cheat at the bike races (you need to collide with three targets within a time limit, and there's a glitch where if you open the map and then close it right before hitting the first one, the game will think you've gotten all three and end the race immediately) in the second and third games.
The time limits to get the first place prizes for these races are absurdly strict, to the point that, even though I've been playing these games since they first came out ten years ago, I have never actually managed to clear them all without this glitch even once.
Sure, the races are technically optional, but they give really good upgrades for your bike, one of which makes grinding for part of a different sidequest a lot easier.
The bike races are honestly a not good part of a good game, but this glitch makes them go by quickly at least.
I was actually about to say the exact same thing. Usually I don't even bother with that stupid bike, but since there's that trophy for getting all books up to level 9, I had to.

So, so, SOOOOOOO happy that glitch is still a thing in the game.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Prey was immensely fun thanks to the infinite recycling glitch which allowed me to max out all of my skills.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Fijiman said:
I am amazed that no one has mention Sonic 06 yet. While I've never played the game myself, everyone knows how glitch-riddled it is. In fact, that's probably one of the only reasons that anyone still plays it at all is to see what kind of weird glitches they can get out of it in each run of it.
I got extremely lucky and never encountered a single glitch in that game.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I would say... most of them.

That quirkyness can really give a game some heart as long as it's not game breaking. Fuck realism.

Driver was an absolute champion of this. When you're deliberately throwing away your chance to complete a level time and time again because you know invoking a bug would bring hilarious results, you know a game has done bugs right...

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Squilookle said:
I would say... most of them.

That quirkyness can really give a game some heart as long as it's not game breaking. Fuck realism.

Driver was an absolute champion of this. When you're deliberately throwing away your chance to complete a level time and time again because you know invoking a bug would bring hilarious results, you know a game has done bugs right...

That's pure gold

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I found one of my favourite let's players through his Ocarina of Time series where he does all the dungeons in reverse order as an adult, even the child dungeons. It's almost like magic, you do some crazy obscure little action and suddenly the rules of reality are meaningless.

I think all of his glitch playthroughs are pretty good.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
darkrage6 said:
Prey was immensely fun thanks to the infinite recycling glitch which allowed me to max out all of my skills.
Oh? Tell me more. I wish to doomify the Typhons with doomy doominess.

OT: Okay, this'll happen in alot of mission-based sandbox games, but I first discovered it back in Destroy All Humans 2.

In this situation, you're trying to protect 'BLANK', black being a stationary thing that can only take so much damage before being destroyed. Sometimes, if you force the baddies away far enough, keeping them from even approaching their target, they - and subsequent bad guys - will forget what they're doing, and revert to default actions. And when they can't find an enemy by default, they do nothing. So, if you have a timer ticking away and the game has forgotten what it was suppose to be attacking, the time runs out with you simply keeping out of the way, and then you win.