Games that EVERYONE loves but you don't?

mchoueiri

Jun 10, 2009
Also Half life and Half life 2 Like I know there Great games and have good stories but for some reason I could never get into it.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Gears of War is nothing but a bunch of foul-mouthed soldiers trying to save the earth from aliens. I'm staggering under the originality! It's not even that gory like everyone says it is. Like that chainsaw? Just how the hell are you supposed to use that thing on people that are shooting at you?

TylerC

Nov 12, 2008
Snork Maiden said:
Knights of the Old Republic. Its good and all but... meh.

Same for Oblivion, but since I really liked Morrowind I think thats my kind of ALL SEQUELS SUCK rubbishness kicking in.
I might have to murder you in your sleep.

I'd have to say MW2, Gears of War (The only time I've ever had any sort of fun playing that game, was Horde mode and even that was boring after a while), Mario games (not hate, but not love), and BioShock...I just couldn't get into it.

I'm surprised so many people say Halo 2, the campaign wasn't great, but the multiplayer sure was.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Truehare said:
Snork Maiden said:

Same for Oblivion, but since I really liked Morrowind I think thats my kind of ALL SEQUELS SUCK rubbishness kicking in.
But Morrowind is a sequel. Of a sequel. Go hate it. Now!

Nah, I'm just envious because I came in here ready to shout "Oblivion!" and you ninja'd me. But my reason for not liking TES IV that much is not Morrowind but the two first Gothics (and even the third, to a lesser extent). I thought I'd go back to Oblivion after I finished Fallout 3, but now I discovered Risen, and Arcania is coming this year... I don't think I'll ever have time for Oblivion again.

/Gothic fanboy mode off (for a short time)
captainaweshum said:
Snork Maiden said:

Except that Morrowwind itself was a sequel. Hence Oblivion being numbered IV
Should probably clarify a little here - I'm well aware that Morrowind was a sequel, but it was also the first Elder Scrolls game I played. I didn't really mean all sequels suck, more all subsequent versions of games I play tend ot be less good than the original.

This is a very loose rule.

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
Most everything you can name.

I'm fond of mass effect and fable but there aren't too many fanboys to offend there compared to the giants of Halo, COD, MGS, WOW, Mario, and Zelda which I absolutely detest as some of the prime reasons that gaming has become a sewer of corporate exploitation rather than the best possible expression of human creativity that it once had the potential of seriously being.

They've raised the bar, pushed the limits, and created an serious economic concern that has since driven the industry into franchises, safe, hackneyed story telling, gameplay, and whatever feature, concept, or thing you can imagine.

Pietho

Nov 6, 2008
Oh the list goes on...

Halo (any) Interesting how people have to make exceptions for games that are supposed to be great; "sure the single player isn't good but the multi..."

Dragon Age, I've already played Baldur's gate, a graphic upgrade didn't change the fact that controlling multiple characters blows.

WOW; I don't like people I don't know, why would I want to pay monthly to play games with them?

Any Mario/Zelda title after SNES; I have superior pattern recognition ability that tells me that I don't need to buy the same game every year or two

Call of Duty (any and all); I was a soldier in the real world, I don't need to pretend.

Those are the biggies, anyway.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Half-life. I honestly don't see what's so great about it. I constantly run into areas where I have no idea what to do while an endless wave of enemies come after me.

*Flameshield*

darkfall594

May 31, 2010
Fallout 3. For some reason I do not like going out into a wasteland with only 1 gun that I used up all of the ammo when I heard a twig snap and immediately emptied my whole clip on the nearest object.

Uncle_Brainhorn

Dec 18, 2009
The Rookie Gamer said:
Oh, that's hilarious.

Anyway... Halo, Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon's Souls, any and all Real Time Strategy games, all other kinds of strategy games, Mass Effect.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Call of Duty, Halo 3, Final Fantasy XI, XII and XIII, Fifa, and I don't think I'd like Borderlands if I played it

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
Final Fantasy 7, it was above average but after all these years I still can't see why people praise it so much.