Games that genuinely make you angry.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
As I write this, I have Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City paused on my Xbox.
This game....is terrible.
The AI is one of the worst I've seen in a game for a long time. Your teammates are even more useless that Sheva was in RE5. They keep running into trip mines, or gunfire, or zombies. Furthermore, they don't help you when your hurt or infected (meaning your health degenerates unless you're sprayed by a cure). I don't even think they kill anything. Additionally, the controls are blocky, it's glitchy, has a terrible cover system, and all in all just seems like a very halfhearted game. This game is making me angry - partly because it's terrible all in all, but also because it's a Resident Evil game. I wasn't expecting much after reading the many negative reviews, but being a big Resident Evil fan, I thought I'd give it a go. But it's just terrible. Even little things like only being able to use the d-pad on menus is frustrating.

I don't often do this with games, but I think I'm going to have to stop playing, which is a shame, but I don't think I'm missing much.

So, what games have made you genuinely angry, and forced you to stop playing, either because they're mechanics are unbelievably frustrating, or because they are just bad games?

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Well I do rage a lot at Dark souls, partly because ****ING ANDOR LONDO ARCHERS!!! Also because I really dislike the PvP.
It probably would be fun but most of my experience with it has been like so...

Im a low level character, in a low level area, learning to play.
I get invaded, this could be fun I think.
I get killed in two hits by some **** using end game equipment.
This is not fun........

It's also annoying that I have to run the risk of being invaded just to play the Co-op, usaully I just turn my Xbox off when I get invaded now simply because I don't want to even bother pretending to have a chance against people with far supirior equipment which pretty much translates into insta win.

EDIT: Actully I can add to that. Blazblue CS. Tager...
I don't care if he isn't broken at high level play but at low level where people are learning to play he is such a damn broken character, his special grab attack and distortion do way too much damage. I raged so hard.
That said I will be getting extend in the next few day's and he is apparently a more viable character in that.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
I think the only game that genuinely makes me angry is the Blackwater game, because of the whole "ad campaign for mercenary scumbags" thing. Terrible games are funny, not rage-inducing.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
I don't buy games that I know for sure are going to make me angry. I know some people do, but I don't like challenge.

I just get angry at a certain part of a game and rage quit.

Example:
In Final Fantasy 10, on the airship after fighting that bird carpet boss Evrae about twelve times. I just couldn't stand him anymore, every time I got close to killing him he'd caste haste on himself and murder my characters.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Binding of Isaac, trying to finish Sheol as Eve.
Fuck that shit, yo.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Dead Rising 2 got me pretty frustrated.

It's a sandbox game where every single mission is on a timer.

Urgh.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
UMVC3 is really rageworthy sometimes... Like how a certain ponce with sunglasses can completely own your entire team with zero effort or skill

WESKER!!!!

And all my wins in Ranked just don't happen since my disk has a spaz every time I get Phoenix Wright to Turnabout Mode... The music change kicks me back to Dashboard 50% of the time

Son of a B.

Oh and Anor Londo Fucking Snipers in Dark Souls... Wanna know how I got past them? I got the luckiest parry on one then fucking legged it to the bonfire. Every death is fair my fucking arse!

Oh and Gwyn. The music tells me it's meant to be the inevitable fall of a god... But Gwyn says "want to heal? how about nooooooooooo!" *insane DMC sword lunge go*

Here you go fine Internetz

See? The song says "destroy him! Fall of a god!"

The input lag the 360 version sometimes has makes the parrys unreliable at best. Not to mention the parries are hard anyway...

EDIT: Speaking of the music, having that song playing when i'm playing Sona in League of Legends makes me play loads better...

It fits her so damn well. Maybe there's a harp version out there somewhere...

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Pokemon Black and White for obvious reasons.

Mainly because it's a step back in the wrong direction in terms of the game series and people are praising it. Now a sequel is confirmed for it. A 2 year time lapse does not make a game a sequel, especially when there are no new elements to be found compare to it's "prequel."

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
ME3. Not so much for its faults but for how those faults were addressed by the people who made it...

Nicolle

Jan 27, 2012
Jak 2... the one game I almost broke my tv over. Great story but the missions are extremly hard for the 2nd half of the game.

jehk

Mar 5, 2012
Playing an elemental shaman back in the day against a rogue. RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEE!!

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
CrimsonBlaze said:
Pokemon Black and White for obvious reasons.

Mainly because it's a step back in the wrong direction in terms of the game series and people are praising it. Now a sequel is confirmed for it. A 2 year time lapse does not make a game a sequel, especially when there are no new elements to be found compare to it's "prequel."
Someone should watch some of those trailers. Besides, Golden Sun did it.

Games that leave me angry.....

MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6

Did I make my point yet?

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I think the only thing in games that make me angry are Character Creation bugs.

When I am trying to make a character in Dragon Age or Skyrim for example and there is a LITTLE bug that may annoy the usual person, will annoy the flying fuck out of me. Like the beard problem in dragon age, or the slider issue I am having in Skyrim.

Then there is Oblivion in which every character looked butt fuck ugly. The most complicated character creator.

Mass Effect it was impossible for me to make a female that didn't look like a seal and every male I made always seem to look the SAME!

I hate character creators...for the most part Skyrim is the best. I love it. Except the Slider issue it is having after the last update....uhg.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Gears of War 3 (Dumb but doesn't realise is)

Fable 2 ( Pathetic and watered down)

Mortal Kombat Armageddon.(Paper thin and lazy)

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Some games have made me frustrated to the point of anger, but I only stopped playing when I realized I was getting too angry to enjoy myself. Once I did, I had a genuinely good time with those games. The combat difficulty was what had pissed me off.

Now, a game that made me angry on the whole? ... nope, I'm really drawing a blank. I tend to do my research before buying a game these days, so I don't get fundamentally mad about it.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
demon souls

total war shogun 2 (seriously F that game)

world of warcraft playing arenas against a druid/hunter that lasted for two hours.

1080bitgamer

Telegram Dictator
Apr 11, 2010
The original Max Payne.

I played it recently, and it is one of the most uninteresting and patronizing experiences I've had in games thus far. It makes me feel angry that it was considered to have a "great story" or "fantastic characters." (quoted from a friend of mine who hadn't played it in almost a decade, he agreed after playing it again)

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Binding of Isaac, trying to finish Sheol as Eve.
Fuck that shit, yo.
Oh God. Is that even possible? That little dead bird of hers must be useless at that point.

OT: Trying to beat Street Fighter IV as Sakura took me 48 attempts. I nearly ended my keyboard.

(Fun Fact: I play SFIV better with a keyboard than with a controller. I don't understand either.)

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
bad boys II on ps2 :\ bought it off a friend for $2. He clearly got the better end of the deal.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
The only time I've genuinely raged at a game for an extended period of time was when I got stuck on the race against Dexter Hovis in Freelancer. You have to fly through these tiny rings (maybe about twice the size of the average ship in diameter) while Hovis's cronies fire everything they've got at you. Meanwhile, Hovis is making every single turn, sharp or otherwise, with perfect accuracy. And you can't shoot him OR his cronies.

Skip to about 4:00 for the rules and the two attempts at the race.

All of my hate for that mission.