Games that genuinely make you angry.

DeathSwitch109

Jun 8, 2011
Nicolairigel said:
DeathSwitch109 said:
Kai Leng - Mass Effect 3 (Cheap)
But you can just play vanguard and non-stop Nova > Charge him in the face D:

and if he tries to hit you just roll back
Unfortunately I was playing a soldier (have been since ME1), but what's surprising was that he was the only challenge I faced on Insanity so far.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
ELCTea said:
Azuaron said:
Borderlands has me pretty pissed off right now.

For the Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, after you defeat Knoxx, you blow up the armory, right? So you walk in, and you're standing on an elevator. There are three buttons to press. You are not told which button to press.

I press the left-most button. The bomb becomes active. I press the middle button. The elevator takes me down into the armory.

Oh, that one on the right? Yeah, that's the one that actually ends the quest, and if you don't press it before lowering the elevator, you're screwed and can never complete that quest or the two subsequent quests breaking back into the armory.

Apparently the only way to get around it is to find someone online who just happens to be at the end of the Knoxx quest and piggyback your way into the armory.

But, for the most part, I don't get angry at games. For instance, I recently played Deus Ex (the original) for the first time, and I really didn't like the gameplay. So I just turned God mode on. *shrug* I was only there for the story, anyway.
Thanks i was just about to start the dlc, so press the right button before pressing any of the others?
I think it might be left, right, center.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Tom Milner said:
Woodsey said:
Tom Milner said:
modern warfare 2, the whole "no russian" guff offended me very literally, when playing it at a friends, i can put my actions in a simple list:

1. start mission,.
2. makarov starts genocide
3. turn off game
4. walk home
5. drink 2 bottles of WKD and go to bed early....06:40:pM

IT OFFENDED ME THAT ***ING BADLY.
Indeed, someone drinking WKD is ludicrously offensi- ...Oh. Why did that offend you, exactly?
because civilians are being massacred, in a game, no less. which are supposed to be fun. you are expected to join makarov and his pals in tearing up an airport, and then killing a ton of police. and to what end!? there is no need AT ALL for this to exist!
'which are supposed to be fun.'

Well, no.

'and to what end!? there is no need AT ALL for this to exist!'

In the context of the narrative (or what CoD claims is a narrative), it's needed.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Modern Warfare 2

A buddy of mine persuaded me to play the multiplayer again recently and good god is it a clusterfuck of a game.Overpowered killstreaks that count towards your next killstreak,ridiculous amounts of killstreaks on screen at the same time,shiity spawn system that spawns you into the path of a killstreak so you die instantly,noob tubers everywhere,stupid perk combos,quickscoping,being knifed from 10 feet away.....After about 30 mins playing it I remembered why I'd stopped playing the fucking thing in the first place

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Tom Milner said:
modern warfare 2, the whole "no russian" guff offended me very literally, when playing it at a friends, i can put my actions in a simple list:

1. start mission,.
3. turn off game
4. walk home

Yeah, where's the "Shoot Makarov in the back of the head before we walk in 'cause we know he's going to kill a ton of people" option? O wait, then they'd have to use another character for the main story, and that would be bad... somehow.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Woodsey said:
Tom Milner said:
Woodsey said:
Tom Milner said:

1. start mission,.
3. turn off game
4. walk home

Indeed, someone drinking WKD is ludicrously offensi- ...Oh. Why did that offend you, exactly?
because civilians are being massacred, in a game, no less. which are supposed to be fun. you are expected to join makarov and his pals in tearing up an airport, and then killing a ton of police. and to what end!? there is no need AT ALL for this to exist!
'which are supposed to be fun.'

Well, no.

'and to what end!? there is no need AT ALL for this to exist!'

In the context of the narrative (or what CoD claims is a narrative), it's needed.
I would say "it's contrived" - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.374490.14528445. This is equivalent to the idiot decisionmaking in bad B movies, only they're forcing you as the player to behave like the fool.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Dark souls.
Its difficulty borders on cheap at times.
Fuck those anor londo archers.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
RedBird said:
CrimsonBlaze said:
Pokemon Black and White for obvious reasons.

Mainly because it's a step back in the wrong direction in terms of the game series and people are praising it. Now a sequel is confirmed for it. A 2 year time lapse does not make a game a sequel, especially when there are no new elements to be found compare to it's "prequel."
And every single one of the new pokemon in that game looked absolutely horrible.
A game that really pissed me off...The force unleashed 2. Granted, it was bought for me so it wasn't a waste of my money, but there is no justification for releasing a game that short after two or three years in development(I think).
In terms of Pokemon B&W, yes the new roster was definitely disheartening. A Pokemon game in which you don't want to play again because of the Pokemon you encounter is a definite failure for the game series.

For The Force Unleashed 2, it sure was surprisingly short. I'm guessing most of the "development" put into the game was to create numerous inventive ways to kill Storm Troopers and TIE fighters.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
verdant monkai said:
*snip*

Do you think dead or alive would be more noob friendly? I like the look of that game especially the most recent. Oh and by the way thankyou for the information, you have been really helpful. :)
Yes Dead or Alive is much more noob friendly and I would assume Dead or Alive 5 will retain this there are only 4 buttons one throws one blocks + counters (depends how you use it but its easy to understand) and two buttons attack one punches one kicks if I remember correctly.

Its not as in-depth as some other fighters but very easy to get into and can be a lot of fun as there is quite a lot of spectacle to the matches and it is deep enough to allow you to improve at it.

Im also looking forward to DOA5 I think its about time they brought the series back after a much needed rest.

3quency

Jun 12, 2009
Force Unleashed.
When you have to bring down a star destroyer.
Whilst be shot at by every TIE fighter there ever was.
Grrr...

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
Any Crash Bandicoot game after Twinsanity because they killed him :(

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core because of the most annoyingly difficult AI in a fighting game I've played

Timesplitters 4 because it will never happen

Deathninja19

Dec 7, 2009
EvilMaggot said:
Everyone said Darksouls is awesome... so i reckoned.. hmm should try Demon's Souls first... got to the black knight with the insanely long polearm.. killed me 5 times.. havent played it since thats 1½ month ago.. it pissed me off soooo much :p those games are not for me ^^
Avoid the knight and go up the ramparts kill everyone there. Once that's done get to a spot where the knight has a hard time hitting you and use a ranged attack either a bow or magic to chip his health away, you don't even has to invest in leveling just as long as you meet the min requirements and bow can kill it provided you have enough arrows. He is perhaps the easiest boss in the game next to phalanx.

And anyone who says Dark Souls is hard it basically boils down to repetition, run the same area a few times and you'll soon break the difficulty over your knee. After Anor Londo you've basically won.

devilofthemist

Feb 13, 2012
conkers bad fur day with the FUCKING FINAL BIT with the (spoiler) matrix section when they would FUCKING murder you OVER AND OVER AND OVER, seriously fuck that game

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
w00tage said:
Tom Milner said:

1. start mission,.
3. turn off game
4. walk home

Yeah, where's the "Shoot Makarov in the back of the head before we walk in 'cause we know he's going to kill a ton of people" option? O wait, then they'd have to use another character for the main story, and that would be bad... somehow.
You play as an American CIA agent. A well-placed one. What makes you think a US agent would risk his cover, his mission and commit certain suidice to save a buttload of Russians?

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Iwata said:
You play as an American CIA agent. A well-placed one. What makes you think a US agent would risk his cover, his mission and commit certain suidice to save a buttload of Russians?
(Just chiming in, as another one who got genuinly angry at ol' MW2)

Well, I'd have less of a problem with it if the game didn't ask me to be outraged when the Russians do the exact same thing in America.

"If it wasn't a big deal with civilians being massacred back there, why is it now, game?"

Of course, that whole flippin' story is so surreal either way, so it hardly matters... After defending Burger King from the Red Menace, I sort of blacked out a bit, I vaguely remember the White House being involved somehow. Context got thrown under the bus long before the first protagonist was, that's for sure.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
So far only Too Human is the only game that makes me legitimately angry, I mean the first hour or so is actually pretty nice, it has an interesting control scheme and I like the idea of Cybernetic Viking Gods. But than all the horribleness starts creeping into your attention, the atrocious healing system (you can't store healing items, they only drop in significant numbers when you don't barely need them, and the only class that can heal itself heals at a rate that would make glacial shifts look hypersonic) and the associated death sequence, the embarrassingly useless ranged weapons, the teeth scrapping slow movement speed and a plot that is too thinly spread to offer even an ounce of engagement. It makes me really angry mostly because that first bit works so nicely that it feels like some filthy lie once you get further into it!