Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
alex134219 said:
Dys said:
alex134219 said:
Blackadder51 said:
Crash Bash to Wrath of Cortex... :(

EDIT :
Metalhandkerchief said:
GTA 1&2 were liquid gold, then they sold their souls to the devil in 3&4.
Agreed
uh no they wasn't any story except get enough cash then get more and kill everything unless better graphics more weapons and an actual story are things you don't like now 4 wasn't as good because it took itself to seriously but your going to say gta was only good when it had less of everything
That was less than coherent. What I've gathered from that was you not liking the lack of story in the old GTA games, which says to me you've completely missed the point. You are a gangster, and oldschool mafia style urban warrior taking over the streets, why does everything need a story now?

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with cruising around doing various jobs for gangs (amongs brilliant humor) while slowly playing them off against each other and moving in on their turf when they are too weak to properly defend it. The newage GTAs trade off the brilliant gameplay for mediocre gameplay with near modern graphics (they are by no means impressive, in fact SA was disguisting next to games being released alongside it). The original GTA games looked fine anyway, they sure as all hell didn't have less of everything.

The old games were all round better, they are free downloads off the rockstar website if I recall correctly, go play them, you'll see how brilliant they are.
the way i came to my conclusions is because i played them and what territory you were everybody's lapdog after you killed enough of gang a you went to gang c they gave you money to kill some of gang b or blowup some building or steal a car then do it over and over and over until you got enough money

and what comedy i just heard jokes that only appeal to 5 year olds and even then they were hit and miss then that guy at the booths voice sounded like somebody was torturing a chipmunk and yes i need a story and a reason not to destroy the entire city or kill all the gangs and take all there money

and so being able to get different weapons and actually aim is mediocre then whats a good game when you turn towards your enemies and hope you shoot them with a bland assortment of weapons wow sounds fun

plus gta san an looked OK for the time especially the PC version
Look, I agree with the fact that GTA4 is an improvement. But please edit your posts for Grammar, I'm no Nazi but you didn't even put a full stop in the entire post. It really devalues your argument when you can't read it.
Remember, there is not the same as their.
Argument over you missed the point and judging by your reply you barley read it.

One of the classic cases of a grammar Nazi is not being able to read anything without it being perfect.
Did you read when I stated that I agreed with you, that Grand Theft Auto 4 is an improvement on the rest? did you realise that I was not the one you were arguing with before?
But please for God's sake improve your typing skills, you do get to edit the post before you right it :S

Ezzay

Feb 28, 2009
HALO.

Halo one, as generic as it was, I found the general story rather interesting.

And then the sequels came, and it died.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Lets see, SSB Brawl is shit, Mario Karts after 64 are shit, the C&C games after Generals are shit and Perfect Dark Zero is shit! When I say shit, I mean shit compared to the games before it, so they are average or really are shit.

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Sviests said:
CoD4 is so cool blah blah awesome blah badass.... rubbish!!
I was a major fan of CoD 1, CoD 2 was ok, CoD 3 was just plain wrong and CoD 4... don`t get me started!! Yes it was cool and awesome, but it wasn`t Call of Duty anymore. Yes, they added Captain Price to make it feel like old CoD (I hope someone knows what i`m talking `bout). It was all about WWII, but why modern warfare? They could made a game about WWI (now that`s cool). If they would change the name of game and CUT THE "Call of Duty" OUT!
*phew*

I`m sure most of you don`t agree with me, but for me... it didn`t feel like CoD.
Doesn't that strike you as a really superficial way to judge the game? It doesn't FEEL like the one's before hand? If it was part of one continuous story perhaps I could understand (Imagine if Return of the King turned into a romcom) but they're entirely discrete games.

From your post I get the impression you actually like the game, apart from the "feel". Are you actually saying that dropping those three words would make Modern Warfare a better game?

4fromK

Apr 15, 2009
deus ex has probably been mentioned, but its sewuel was sooooo bad and the original sooo good that it deserves multiple mentions

Rob Shogun

Sep 17, 2008
Daedalus1942 said:
Snotnarok said:
SsilverR said:
Snotnarok said:
Devil May Cry 2
yeah but you gotta admit, 3 made up for it and then some

it's like Capcom sat down and went "hey, hey dudes .. you know what would be really funny **giggles** lets sell devil may cry 2's sould to hades .. in exchange for zeus himself to help us make 3"

XD some of 2's bosses were epic though
See I was joking, Capcom have never gone wrong with the Devil May Cry series, I'm astounded with 2 they skipped right over it and it just never happened. Isn't that odd? Yet genious, I mean yeah I saw some screenshots and played some really bad game but I'm very glad to know that it wasn't DMC2, because it never, ever happened. ...NEVER HAPPENED.

Yes indeed 3 was great :)
Why is everyone so stuck up about DMC2? It was a worthy sequel IMO to the first one, aside from the fact that playing as the girl was lame.
The puzzles were the same as the first one. The enemies were alot harder than the very first one, and the bosses were insane. They improved on the weaponry as well as the techniques and abilities of the first one.
IMO, 3 was a steaming pile of crap that shouldn't exist.
3 and 4 are completely dead to me. One was just awesome. Two wasn't that bad... Deal with it, and stop hating.
If any one is hating it would be you, theres no need to write that 3 was a steaming pile of crap.

I'll agree that two wasnt the strongest in the series but I for one enjoyed every single one of the Devil May Cry games.

I think the problem with some sequels that have repeating characters, DMC as example, is that players are expecting to pick up where they left off with the characters, I think thats why DMC 2 had problems, aside from the browness of it, which they fixed with 3 as it technically comes before DMC1 and 2. Its the same with Soul Reaver 1 and 2, in the first Raziel has the use of glyphs but by the second they are gone, it allows the games develpoer to put character growth in instead of starting with a brick shit house character you end a game with. Games like Onimusha 1, 2 and 3 worked very well because 2 has a different set of characters to 1 and 3 uses story elements to weaken Samonoske to bring him back up again.

Back on Topic I think the commandos series went bad after they made the transition to 3D

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Every game in the SmackDown! vs RAW franchise has been worse than it's predecessor.

Guitar Hero, long, slow slide down hill, although this could also be attributed to the novelty wearing off, I however like to think the tracks on the newer games just suck.

Total War, Empire and Medieval 2 seem to be going downhill.

haxxorzd00d

Apr 15, 2009
Mordwyl said:
I can't believe nobody mentioned one of the prime examples: Alundra 2.
This. Prime example of a sequel that bears no resemblance to the previous game (and is, logically, not a sequel). A2 took everything that was good about the first game and turned it into a steaming polygonal dump.

Dantes Alaska

Jan 31, 2009
Lazarus Long said:
Dantes Alaska said:
Lazarus Long said:
Or Prince of Persia. I still can't figure out what happened there.
I liked the PoP games, 1<2<3, IMHO, but i havent played the new PoP
I'm the exact opposite. I guess I'm just not the target demographic, because I thought Sands of Time had a charm and an elegance that the sequels utterly failed to recreate.
see I thought that "prince" was mildly childish and spoiled in the first and matured as the story went on

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Snowboard Kids 2. the original was AMAZING and although the second was OK, some of the things that made the first one great had been taken out. it was disappointing.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Jumped the shark:

DOOM II ---> DOOM 3
Diablo ---> Diablo II
Deus Ex ---> Invisible War
Ultima VII ---> Ultima VIII
Pokémon G/S/C ---> Pokémon R/S/E
Kingdom Hearts ---> Kingdom Hearts 2
Castlevania: SOTN ---> Castlevania 64
Sonic & Knuckles ---> Sonic Adventure
Final Fantasy IX ---> Final Fantasy X (last with Sakaguchi)
Paper Mario: TTYD ---> Super Paper Mario
Phantasy Star IV ---> Phantasy Star Online
NiGHTS into Dreams... ---> NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Contra: Hard Corps ---> Contra: Legacy of War
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns ---> Super Pitfall
ToeJam & Earl IPOF ---> ToeJam & Earl III
Rocket Knight Adventures ---> Sparkster
Earthworm Jim 2 ---> Earthworm Jim 3D
Mortal Kombat II ---> Mortal Kombat 3
Crash Bash ---> Crash Bandicoot: TWOC
Star Fox 64 ---> Star Fox Adventures
Thief II ---> Thief: Deadly Shadows
Golden Axe II ---> Golden Axe III
Silent Hill 3 ---> Silent Hill 4
Shinobi III ---> Shinobi Legions
Dino Crisis 2 ---> Dino Crisis 3
Red Alert ---> C&C: Tiberian Sun
Worms World Party ---> Worms 3D
Mega Man X6 ---> Mega Man X7

And the worst of them all:

Donkey Kong Junior ---> Donkey Kong 3

Doug said:
Deus Ex 1 - Epic win
Deus Ex 2 - Ok, I suppose, but nothing like as great as its older, hotter sister.
Metalhandkerchief said:
GTA 1&2 were liquid gold...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one.
GTA 1 & 2 being better than III LULZ

Aux

Jul 2, 2009
Deleric said:
I'll never look at Warcraft the same way again now that it's an MMO ._.
Yeah I have to agree with you there. The sad part is we will never see another RTS Warcraft game. :(

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Aux said:
Deleric said:
Yeah I have to agree with you there. The sad part is we will never see another RTS Warcraft game. :(
Haha, yeah. And Blizzard hates money.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
Aux said:
Deleric said:
Waht annoys me are the people who play WoW and have no idea that warcraft was RTS first, I know someone who said WoW would make a good RTS.

There ARE people that ignorant in the world!