Games that got ruined in sequels

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
thecodemaster said:
How about SONIC THE HEDGEHOG?
As far as I know, every sequel to that has been downright awful. Sonic Unleashed :)
Every sequel? F*** Off Troll.
Sonic 2, 3, Knuckles, Chaos,, Triple Trouble, The GBA games, and Sonic Adventure were Great.
Sonic Adventure 2, Spinball, Dark brotherhood, Sonic The Hedgehog 06 and 3D Blast were decent enough to pass IMO.
Robotnik's mean bean, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Unleashed, and The Black Knight were mediocre.
So don't come spreading your BS line that all of Sonic the Hedgehog's sequels have been absolutely awful.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
thecodemaster said:
How about SONIC THE HEDGEHOG?
As far as I know, every sequel to that has been downright awful. Sonic Unleashed :)
Every sequel? F*** Off Troll.
Sonic 2, 3, Knuckles, Chaos,, Triple Trouble, The GBA games, and Sonic Adventure were Great.
Sonic Adventure 2, Spinball, Dark brotherhood, Sonic The Hedgehog 06 and 3D Blast were decent enough to pass IMO.
Robotnik's mean bean, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Heroes (Worse than Unleashed, IMO, just awful), Sonic and the Secret Rings, Unleashed, and The Black Knight were mediocre.
So don't come spreading your BS line that all of Sonic the Hedgehog's sequels have been absolutely awful.

Sviests

Jun 15, 2009
CoD4 is so cool blah blah awesome blah badass.... rubbish!!
I was a major fan of CoD 1, CoD 2 was ok, CoD 3 was just plain wrong and CoD 4... don`t get me started!! Yes it was cool and awesome, but it wasn`t Call of Duty anymore. Yes, they added Captain Price to make it feel like old CoD (I hope someone knows what i`m talking `bout). It was all about WWII, but why modern warfare? They could made a game about WWI (now that`s cool). If they would change the name of game and CUT THE "Call of Duty" OUT!
*phew*

I`m sure most of you don`t agree with me, but for me... it didn`t feel like CoD.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
RogueRunner said:
gears of war 2 was a big letdown same with all Pokemon games that came after Red and Blue version.
I wudnt say let down - but nothing really changed except the pokemon - they through in talent competitions but who wants to do those!

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
Snotnarok said:
Devil May Cry 2
yeah but you gotta admit, 3 made up for it and then some

it's like Capcom sat down and went "hey, hey dudes .. you know what would be really funny **giggles** lets sell devil may cry 2's sould to hades .. in exchange for zeus himself to help us make 3"

XD some of 2's bosses were epic though

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
SsilverR said:
Snotnarok said:
Devil May Cry 2

it's like Capcom sat down and went "hey, hey dudes .. you know what would be really funny **giggles** lets sell devil may cry 2's sould to hades .. in exchange for zeus himself to help us make 3"

See I was joking, Capcom have never gone wrong with the Devil May Cry series, I'm astounded with 2 they skipped right over it and it just never happened. Isn't that odd? Yet genious, I mean yeah I saw some screenshots and played some really bad game but I'm very glad to know that it wasn't DMC2, because it never, ever happened. ...NEVER HAPPENED.

Yes indeed 3 was great :)

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Dantes Alaska said:
Lazarus Long said:
Or Prince of Persia. I still can't figure out what happened there.
I liked the PoP games, 1<2<3, IMHO, but i havent played the new PoP
I'm the exact opposite. I guess I'm just not the target demographic, because I thought Sands of Time had a charm and an elegance that the sequels utterly failed to recreate.

SnakeF

Apr 25, 2009
darthmath said:
just about everything that was made after 2002.
/thread
What about all the good games that came out after 2002? there have been tons.

Off topic: I love your DP, Chinchillas rock! I own like 5 of them.

Woem

May 28, 2009
- All Leisure Suit Larry games and mini-games after Love For Sail.
- King's Quest: Mask of Eternity. I really don't get why they used the King's Quest franchise for this game.
- Ultima_IX: Ascension. Did we really, really need that one?

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
Snotnarok said:
SsilverR said:
Snotnarok said:
Devil May Cry 2

See I was joking, Capcom have never gone wrong with the Devil May Cry series, I'm astounded with 2 they skipped right over it and it just never happened. Isn't that odd? Yet genious, I mean yeah I saw some sc2, because it never, ever happened. ...NEVER HAPPENED.

now that i think about it ... DMC2?? silly me, they never made a 2 XD in an artistic, rebel Capcom like fashion .. they thought "we don't really like that number .. 3 sounds so much cooler, thus a DMC2 was never made :D .. thank you for correcting my blasphemous claim

Rahne

Jul 16, 2009
Personally, I'm going to have to say Resistance 2 was a huge let down for me. There's several reasons for this. First of all, Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the best games I've ever played, especially for a first person shooter. It was fantastic, but one of the major things that made it so great, for me personally, was the fact that in a modern age where nearly every single first person shooter is following the same formula, Resistance: Fall of Man stands up and simply doesn't. It's a major outstanding game in an otherwise, sea of the same formula used in first person shooters.

In Resistance 2, the developers actually went ahead and used that SAME STUPID FORMULA that almost every other FPS uses in this modern age. It's sickening. Here you had a game that was original, tried something new, stood out, was a massive success, yet its own successor comes out and not only counters that, but reverts back to the very thing the first game didn't do.

I'm severely disappointed.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
SsilverR said:
Snotnarok said:
SsilverR said:
Snotnarok said:
Devil May Cry 2

See I was joking, Capcom have never gone wrong with the Devil May Cry series, I'm astounded with 2 they skipped right over it and it just never happened. Isn't that odd? Yet genious, I mean yeah I saw some sc2, because it never, ever happened. ...NEVER HAPPENED.

now that i think about it ... DMC2?? silly me, they never made a 2 XD in an artistic, rebel Capcom like fashion .. they thought "we don't really like that number .. 3 sounds so much cooler, thus a DMC2 was never made :D .. thank you for correcting my blasphemous claim
Yes indeed quite, what fools we are mentioning games that never happened.

The only other game I can think of that disappointed me was Metroid Prime 2, it's not bad, it's just ...very tedious. I never really minded backtracking, but backtracking with puzzles that are in two different realms, in 2 nearly different maps is where I draw the bloody line. It's a pretty good game but I'm not sure I'll get back to it, not when there's Prime 1, 3 and the GBA games.

AroLombardi

Apr 16, 2009
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. I loved regular Sonic Riders, because it was like skateboarding and racing combined. It was a pretty good idea. But then Zero G came out, and it was total shit. I absolutely detested it.

Also, why is everyone saying Halo 1 was better than Halo 2&3? I hated Halo 1. Graphics were shit, and you couldn't blow up warthogs! I NEED to blow those up. If you're on my team, and you're in a warthog, you're dead. DEATH TO WARTHOGS!

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Snotnarok said:
SsilverR said:
Snotnarok said:
Devil May Cry 2

See I was joking, Capcom have never gone wrong with the Devil May Cry series, I'm astounded with 2 they skipped right over it and it just never happened. Isn't that odd? Yet genious, I mean yeah I saw some screenshots and played some really bad game but I'm very glad to know that it wasn't DMC2, because it never, ever happened. ...NEVER HAPPENED.

Why is everyone so stuck up about DMC2? It was a worthy sequel IMO to the first one, aside from the fact that playing as the girl was lame.
The puzzles were the same as the first one. The enemies were alot harder than the very first one, and the bosses were insane. They improved on the weaponry as well as the techniques and abilities of the first one.
IMO, 3 was a steaming pile of crap that shouldn't exist.
3 and 4 are completely dead to me. One was just awesome. Two wasn't that bad... Deal with it, and stop hating.

Rahne

Jul 16, 2009
Oh, I also have to list Perfect Dark Zero. I know this thread is about sequels here and while Perfect Dark Zero isn't actually a sequel, per say, (it's actually a prequel to the N64 game), it's still chronologically a successor to the original game on the N64. I'd like to state that the original Perfect Dark for the N64 is possibly the greatest first person shooter game I've ever played (along with GoldenEye and Resistance: Fall of Man). It was amazing. It went beyond the limits of GoldenEye in almost every way possible; it was bigger, and arguably better. However, Perfect Dark Zero was NOTHING compared to this game. When you actually compare these two games, it's a wonder that they're even made by the same developer or are even in the same series, and I don't say that because of console differences.

Simply put, Perfect Dark Zero looks pretty awful for an Xbox 360 game. Now I MIGHT be able to forgive this, because of the fact that it was a launch title, but that doesn't actually excuse how poor of a successor it is to the original N64 game. The original Perfect Dark was a MASSIVE game with a slew of things you could do with it. Perfect Dark Zero is literally a huge downgrade from that. The multiplayer isn't even comparable at all. Not to mention the fact that Perfect Dark Zero tends to run along a similar, stupid formula used in first person shooters of this modern era.

Again, I'm extremely disappointed.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Go play it again, it really is pretty good. The ghosts in time trial are a little cheap at times, especially the Cortex versions which race way faster than is possible.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
You're kidding, I blasted through two without using a single health item on the hardest mode, the enemies weren't hard, they were annoying. Dante moved awesome, he carved up some demon ass and for some reason Dante was super serious in a game with a clishe story. Dante walks into 3 as an arrogant idiot doing amazingly cheesy things who carves up enemy ass, unless you're on hard then it's usually your rear getting carved up.

Just to toss this out there, this is my opinion, I beat the game 6 ways from sunday giving it a chance, if you liked it fantastic, that's cool. I'm not sure why you care what other people think about the game, go ahead and enjoy it I'm not knocking you for liking it, I'm knocking on the game.