Games that make you lose track of time.

Paranoah

Oct 23, 2012
Minecraft and terraria without a doubt i just think "im just gonna play an hour or 2" and suddenly 5-7 hours have passed

elbrandino

Dec 8, 2010
Not too many games do that for me. Pokemon Silver used to, when I was younger. No games really do that for me anymore. It's probably because at some point I picked up the habit of checking the clock every five minutes.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
as for now am totally addicted to burnout paradise online multiplayer.
hours pass by playing but i just cant seem to get enough of it
its so much fun online.
upto 8 hrs a day am playing it these days.
doing online races, stunt runs, marked man, taking down each other for fun is pretty cool.

Nightly Rabi

Aug 3, 2012
Gunna have to say Football Manager. No game eats up my time like that one. But I will have my team ranked as no.1 in Europe damn it!

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
I've been trying to finish off Deus Ex for the past few weeks (alongside you know, work and getting fresh air) and when I start playing it, I could easily lose a few hours before my stomach rumbling reminds me to get up and get some food.

I had the greatest weekend playing it - I don't think I went out at all (woops!)

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
DayZ, Minecraft, and in years past, Runescape. I've missed many a meal from these games.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Nintendo has a dirty habit of doing this to me. I can get lost in Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon for hours.

Also I tend to get extremely immersed in RPGs, specifically Fallout 3/New Vegas.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Minecraft is the main one for me, well back when I first started playing it at least, I'd spend whole days exploring and building.
Nowadays I find myself playing DayZ for longer than I realise.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Doodle or die. Just thinking about it made me go to the website and lose an hour. :/

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
most recently i would say fallout new Vegas
i now use fake full screen so i can just check the time be using alt-tab but that does not stop the just one more level mentality when comes achieving goals in that game

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Civ 5, it's a major time sink. Once i see that 'one more turn..' message i realise that i need to get up for work in a couple of hours and i still click on it and proceed to anihilate my enemies with giant robots.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Total War games. I swear, every time I start a long campaign I believe I can complete it in one sitting.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Surprised no one mentioned Burnout yet. I could literally spend hours without even activating any event. Just driving around, smashing billboards and shortcuts; until I realized it was 4 in the morning.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Civ 5 definetly, and FTL. First time I played it from 8 pm to 8 am, t'was a short but fun night. Same for Civ 5. I think it's usually really good turn based games, where you think "Just one more". I just need to get out of this sector, I just need 20 more scrap, 1 more life, after i defeat this civ, after.....

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Pirates! Gold on commodore, was the first game i can remember i could start playing it after dinner and before i knew it it was 3 4 am.

Some of the Final Fantasy games over the years FFX eating a good chunk of months.

All the mass effect games i will play obsessively from the get go no sleep no eat until i pass out from exhaustion, made the end of 3 that much worse.....

Minecraft when i first got the game and was just exploring digging hours would go by lost underground trying to find the way out. And when i got more buildy just getting that last wall done or that moat or that archway can just go on under its own momentum.

Total War has it when you are in a good campaign, even empire the bug ridden mess it is, some of the campaigns and battles were epic as hell and easily would consume hours upon hours as you tried to hold off your enemies or crush them utterly, or shogun get those rebellions under control, or try to get the enemy ninja before they can kill your best general, or the emperor and everyone declares war on you at once, loved that in the vanilla game.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I've lost a lot of time on T.E.S. games (Skyrim is my main game right now. MUST EXPLORE EVERYTHING - I've spent 200h on that game according to Steam and still haven't found everything. My problem is that I have a compulsion to start over. Need to work on that.), Minecraft, Pokemon, Fallout 3/New Vegas. R.P.G.'s really grab a hold of me. I used to lose a lot of time on Sim games. Mostly Sims 2 - I tried playing Sims 3, I bought it and some expansions and did create and play for a good while, but I'd usually go back to Sims 2, even if I was playing something else. Sims 3.....eh.....it's just not the same.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Pokemon, Elder Scrolls titles (not so much Skyrim but Oblivion and Morrowind for sure), Bioware RPGs, Final Fantasy (10 and earlier)...there are probably a lot more honestly but those are the ones that came off of the top of my head.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
1st person open-world games mostly
TES3:Morrowind, TES4:Oblivion, Fallout3, Fallout:NV, Minecraft
But occasionally also other games
C&C:Tiberian Sun/Firestorm, NWN and XCom (UFO Defense and Enemy Unknown)