games that need a sequel

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
Darkside360 said:
They are already making KOTOR 3, its called SWTOR.
Yes, but thats going to be an mmo so it doesn't count. We need it to be a proper KOTOR that tells us what happened to Revan or one set in and before the Mandalorian wars. Maybe with user controlled combat as well and hordes of chaff to kill. I personally quite like the idea of playing as a mandalorian Jedi with force powers
SWTOR takes place 300 years after the KOTOR games so it really is not a true sequel but a spin-off.

KissofKetchup

May 26, 2008
I'd say Left 4 Dead would be a nice candidate for a sequel, maybe call it Left 2 Die, but then it'd be confusing unless it was a prequel or something...

Woem

May 28, 2009
What's worse than games that absolutely need a sequel (Planescape 2, I'm eyeing you!) is when a sequel was actually being worked on but then canceled.

Take for instance Dungeon Keeper 3 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Keeper_3]:
A third episode of the Dungeon Keeper saga was underway, but opportunities to develop new intellectual properties on new platforms such as PlayStation 2 have meant that DK3 has been put on hold. [...] The projects that provoked Dungeon Keeper 3's cancellation were EA's Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings games.
So we lost DK3 because someone thought it was more important to release a Harry Potter game... That's just sad. Seriously.

Another great loss is the sequel to Stonekeep [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonekeep], Interplay's 1995 RPG:
Interplay's own Black Isle Studios worked on a sequel called Stonekeep 2: Godmaker for five years before cancelling it in 2001.
Five years... As far as I can see there were no screenshots released and there was no reason given why it ever got cancelled.

And a sequel for the astounding Arcanum [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura]:
In September 2006, one of Arcanum's lead programmers and tri-founder of Troika, Leonard Boyarsky, divulged that the studio had originally commenced work on a sequel, going by the working title of Journey to the Centre of Arcanum, which would use Valve's Source Engine. Development was curtailed by disputes between Sierra and Valve, resulting ultimately in the project being shelved.
So it appears that no news means good news in the art of game sequels, so my hopes for Planescape 2 are really high now...

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
black. that had a cliff hanger ending for god's sake!
also pys ops, that said to be continued!!
god damn it i hate game developers.

GoosePasture

Jul 3, 2009
Arcanum 2 would be epic. Unfortunately they went bust before they could complete it however I don't see why some other company couldnt make it.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
The real Kingdom Hearts III must be made soon! Or I'll go into a fanboy rage. Oh, and Sucker Punch? Throw inFamous in a bin and make the next Sly Cooper game.

Eggyman

Jul 2, 2009
I have quite a list here these are games that I would like to see with more sequels, maybe new Mega-man, MYST for god sakes, Monkey Island, Half Life, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter(more tactics less crappy AI), Hitman, Titan Quest(you either love or hate this game), Vampires Masquerade, World in Conflict, Test Drive, Demon Stone, and I others Id like to see are already listed here