games that need a sequel

Noneedforname

Oct 11, 2008
dont know about a sequel. but shadow of the colosuss needs to be upscaled to HD and polished and released on the ps3...

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Vrex360 said:
PAGEToap44 said:
BolognaBaloney said:
How bout a real sequel to fable?
Fable 2 just doesn't count in my books...
Yeah, this. I reckon that with every Fable sequel that Lionhead makes the game gets slightly better. They're planning to take it to Fable 5. The final version might just be what we where looking for. Let's face it, Fable 2 was more like Fable 1.5.
Considering the amount they cut out of it (spells, armour, augmentations and stuffs) and how much they shortened it (compare the two arena battles) I would say it's more like Fable 0.5 like some kind of wierd Fable Prequel set in the future.

*gasp*

TIME PARADOX
True, I did get more enjoyment out of Fable 1.0

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Master of Magic
Deus Ex (a sequel worthy of the original, not that invisible war crap)

Also, they ARE making a Beyond Good and Evil sequel?? I was under the impression it had fallen to "Duke Nukem" syndrome, perpetually in planning and never development

I'd also like to see a modern X-Com squad-combat game, but it'd probably have to be a remake to fit into the story they have without being shit... or they can 'alternate universe' it or whatever. I just want a good squad combat game, I haven't played one I enjoyed other than the X-Com series and Chaos Gate.

Rhob Anybody

Apr 3, 2009
I have 3 games that I really feel need another installment to them.

1) Planescape Torment. I would love to play this with a better UI and updated graphics.

2) DDO. If ever a game could become awsome by learning from its mistakes this is it.

3) Privateer 2. Imo this was the best space shooter/trading game of all time. I would love to see this franchise revisited.

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
skies of arcadia 2
system shock 3
panzer dragoon saga 2
valkyria chronicles 2
bug! 3

Fallingwater

Mar 20, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
SYSTEM SHOCK 3!
Very yes.
While you wait for that to happen (could be a long time...) try Dead space if you haven't already. The developers have taken more than a little bit from the SS2 setting and plot. The game in itself is very good (IMO), but the best thing it's done so far is making me want to play SS2 again. :p

LitigationJackson said:
PORTAL!!! unless they integrate it with hl2:ep3
I think gordon freeman with a portal gun and a crowbar would be devastating to the combine
I don't see how a portal gun can be integrated with normal gameplay without breaking the game. Portal's setting is very small, controlled passages with obstacles that are explicitly thought for the portal gun. How do you do that in a normal shooter?
"I don't need to go through all the level to get to the roof of that building, I'll just fire a portal and I'm set".

Another game that MUST have a sequel is Deus Ex. In contrast to many I didn't actually dislike the second; it was decent. Playable. A far cry from the original though.

And as a personal, and almost certainly impossible, wish, I'd want a sequel to the old commercial/combat sim Hardwar. That game was awesome back in its day; a game with a similar setting on current hardware could be several times as big and detailed. *drools*
(and yeah, I do know the X series. It's awesome, but it's not quite the same thing)

fallouthirteen

Dec 8, 2008
Eternal Darkness, Killer7, and Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, would be great to have sequels to (if they were done correctly).

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Wooow... There are sooo many! Granted they are good, I'd like to see

- Sly Cooper 4
- System Shock 3
- Vagrant Story 2
- Persona 5
- A GOOD Silent Hill
- Monkey Island 5/Loom 2
- Condemned 3 (but only in the style of the first one)
- Xenogears 2/Chrono something
- Ace Attorney
- Samurai Showdown (can't get enough of the anthology)
- Guilty Gear
- Magic Carpet 3 (someone in this forum implanted the idea in my mind)

Had enough?

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
I'd like to see another Jedi Knight game. Gun Metal: War Transformed needs a sequel to.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Ghostkai said:
Susan Arendt said:
Folklore and Drakan spring to mind.
Is folklore worth getting? I played the demo and found it captivating.
If you enjoyed the demo, yes, absolutely, get the game. Folklore is probably my favorite PS3 game, simply for its unique styling and feel.